Replacing the bedrock bridges. What block?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, May 9, 2018.

1. Krysyy wrote "Unspawnable is not survival. That's pretty though. "

I disagree with Krysyy . . .
    Structures are built with purpose. Be it Art, Security, Shelter, Utility, etc. . .
    That being so, a road or bridge are obviously a utility structure, but that does not mean it mustn't be built with security as well. Not so sure people would build roads and bridges in a hostile environment without the concern for security. Inviting hazards to your side would be a purpose for another type of structure.

Besides, If I'm not mistaken, the original Bedrock placed is also unspawnable.
    -BZ
    cubefragment likes this.
  2. Totally argree, I think kryssy thought that we wanted to have some sort of a res there which has spwn flag off or so, and did not understand you can easyly make something unspawneble in vanilla. Also, indeed bedroch is a full block, but not listed as a normal cube in the game code, and so is unspawneble (just like redstone blocks and observers is I'm not mistaken)
    [rant]
    Back to spawning algoritms again: I don't know if there are any, but if there are any largle places anyone wants to spawn-proof: placing down carpets / water / blocks that obstruct spawning in the code is way more lagg-friendly as using slabs or light, as mobs do technically spawn with slabs and light, but the spawn is cancelled due to there being insuffent light values, where the game will just not try to spawn anything on top of carpets...
    [/rant]
    cubefragment likes this.