Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. I'm currently busy exploring a rather huge cave / mineshaft system around the SMP2 South East waste when I suddenly came across this. It was peculiar because the biome I was in (Taiga) isn't necessarily a cold one. It is cold (meaning: you'll get snow at a certain height instead of rain) but normally not cold enough for ice to form.

So I explored and lit up this small cave and....

Now it almost looked as if someone walked over with frost walker. But that doesn't seem to be the case either (the area was pretty deserted). But even so, in no time most of the ice was gone. F3 even showed me that those weren't regular ice blocks but frosted ice. Which, to my knowledge, doesn't generate naturally.

This seriously puzzles me :)

One of those many cool Minecraft mysteries! Don't you just love this game?

(edit)

For the record: no, it wasn't me. I'm always wearing & using my trusty voters gear. Love that stuff. Reminds me that I was planning on a voters vs. god gear. Hm, maybe I can manage this weekend :)
    607 likes this.
  2. Frosted ice can only be genarated by someone/thing with frostwalker boots. It does only go away at daytime or when there is a certain light level next to it though: so it would stay in the cave untill someone places a torch.
    I don't know if mons would be able to spawn with frostwakler, if they can do that, it would explain that too.
    607 likes this.

3. Does anyone remember when my residence looked like this? :)
    607, PhoenixAffinity and MoreMoople like this.
  4. Here is another version... The picture on the left was taken November 2, 2015 (just four months after I joined EMC!) The picture on the right was taken February 10, 2018.

I decided to go through my old computer and look at screenshots, and I found some from my first few months on Minecraft... so many memories...
    I would put an emoji or something here from the post editor but there are no emojis for what I am feeling right now... *sigh*
    MoreMoople likes this.

5. finally managed to clean up the 1st real room and several corridors, no more water! ^.^

im keeping the building so im only clearing out water from the inside. then im gonna add windows to walls and ceilings. the next room is the treasure room which is gonna be hard.
    _Devuu__, jossytheninja and 607 like this.
  6. Finished my new stables recently. Now complete with, skeleton horse, polar bear, mule, llama, and Dinnerbone. Got each one named as well. There's Omneoss, Thoran, Valentine, Enrico Dandolo, and Dinnerbone of course.

7. More Tower heads coming soon? :eek: (this wasn't means as an 'eek' but more as an ':O' kind of thing)
  8. Well, the screenshot was actually taken by CallMeTower while farming the alternate colored version of my current skin to drop around at events and such.
  9. Huh? What's this?
  10. I made money today. :)

haastregt and CinemaSins like this.
  11. I made money today. :)
    NuclearBobomb, CarFryer and 607 like this.
  12. I lost money on Tuesday. :/

NuclearBobomb, Jelle68 and 607 like this.
  13. ChespinLover77 likes this.
  14. Very nice
    Ritunn likes this.
  15. Correction: You lost MY money on tuesday... :p
    CinemaSins, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.