Random Screenshot Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Hoi, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Actually, we both supplied approximately half of that new highest total amount of rupees. :)
  2. Sooo, how many players do you count here? :D

Duck and me chilling in my AFK room :cool:
    Sydney4363 and 607 like this.
  3. So yeah... problem is that we don't plan for these things so it often ends up a little chaotic or "just not exactly what we had planned" but so far this glass entrance is coming along quite nicely I think:

Ocean monument entrance, now with glass coverage

And this is what it looks like on Aya's end (you can see her at the left side of the entrance):

There's even an abandoned mineshaft there (as you can probably see) so now to think what we're going to do with that.
    607 likes this.
  4. Fun memories at Fire Floor from back in the day :)

5. I don't know about you guys... but that looks like a lot of redstone to me...

Context:
    I am trying to work out a system that can unload 88 DC's of items from chests (filled by vaults) to sort all of those items and transport them the right part of the deep storage unit... as fast as possible. withh as little hoppers as possible. I am currently working withh a system that works at ~110 times hopper speed (275 items/second) all going throung a 1*1 water stream. it seems to work... What you see here is what happens when you accedently break the wrong block, and let all items poar out of the system...
  6. Woah!

7. My latest building project!
    ShelLuser, Kryarias, 607 and 8 others like this.
  8. I think that looks very nice! :)
    CarFryer and MoreMoople like this.
  9. A nice misty night.

10. SO yeah... I have 2 mining bases in the waste. One is easily found because the tunnel towards it starts right at the edge of the outpost (/waste ne on SMP2: jump right into the water at the east side and you'll find the entrance). And one was somewhere with a small hill and a bit of green land.

But I just couldn't find the right outpost for some reason. Then finally it hit me ;)

Some players "did something" there, which is why I didn't recognize the area anymore. Gotta love it, just imagine how much effort must have gone into that hole!
    King_Kain, jossytheninja, 607 and 3 others like this.

11. First to quote this post and post an own screenshot of the piece of wool gets 10k rupees. :p

12. oh i sorry thought u said wood not wool
    MoreMoople and _Devuu__ like this.
  13. This technically is an own screenshot of the piece of wool. :p

14. So yeah...

mjnoe70 left GRIP with some stuff to sort out in what is easily the biggest donation within the history of our organization. Don't know about us? Well, try this link. Stuff he briefly mentioned and which I've referred to but yeah, just go give you guys an impression of the amount of work we're in right now....

NDubb424, AyanamiKun and myself hard at work here. You're looking at roughly 320 DC's filled with various items, and I estimate that we still have around 75 DC's to go.

In case you're wondering what we're going to do with all this stuff: good question! :)

Part of it will be used to replenish our reserves (if there is a need) and will simply be stored in case it might be needed someday. It's simple: if your public farm gets hit by some kind of disaster then we're probably the best party to contact about it (other than staff if we're talking foul play of course) because we can most likely help you get back up to speed when it comes to getting the materials for repairing.

But yeah, the amount we're looking at here is kind of insane for our standards. I mean... I know players for who this amount is probably a quarter (if not less) of their entire storage, but yeah ;)

I honestly don't know what is next here, but I do know that GRIP will become more active within the near future. I can well imagine us becoming a little bit more involved with some events by donating various materials (for example: food and building mats during a mining event).

You guys will just have to forgive me because I'm taking things slowly: one step at a time. First we move the stuff, then we'll start roughly sorting parts of the stuff and discuss some plans amongst ourselves, then we'll be taking an all expenses paid trip to Utopia for a vacation (those flights between servers can be expensive! :D ) after that... we'll see what's next :)
  15. Doing some random redstoning:

I had nothing better to do, so, I thought, why not? This is a system I am working on that is totaly pointless, but really cool. The idea is that you have the button selector pannel, on wich you can select where you want to teleport to (yes, it is build for emc...) wich is a really convinient system, due to you having a redstone lamp light up, behind wich you can put a sign or a item frame. Due to all those things being only one block wide: this would be a really conveniant and small teleportation system. Jet, how do you teleport someone then? You don't want to derect them to press another button on the other side, even, how would you indicate that, if you want to have a sign with teleport on the back... so, I decited, we are going to move the player around, just let them fall through the floor, push around a few times, hups, on the right teleport. so: this here is what I made:

This is a system that can move players around to 64 different spots based on wich button is selected. every teleport is reached within five seconds. The nice thing about this system, you input the number of the destination, between 0 and 63. You let yourself fall into the system, and, 5 seconds later, you're in the place you wanted to be: it really almost feel like magic. now the problem is: It reads bainry. the selector panel, doesn't ourput biainary, but a complex number between 0 and 15+5i in a base wich is "15+". Just... let me take a moment to make a converter for those two... (I am probably just going to change it to read between 0 and 15+4i that is really easy to convert, as the only thing it needs to do is have every complex number link with one binairy, it doesn't need to be logically ordered."obviously")

Seing you have so many items now: I have quite a lot of spare time in the upcoming few days: I can make you a sorter to automatically sort through this thing, also proving a good stoarge system for GRIP, seing I seem to be one of the only people who like building redstone in survival... :)
    ShelLuser and __Devil_ like this.
  16. 57 days?
  17. Remember this?
    Well, now it's grown to this:
  18. not sure where 2 post. so imma use this for now and post on my outpost thread when the project is done (after 2 years or so, lol! ^.^).

i got an ocean monument @ my outpost and i love it. trolling fishies is fun:

na na na, u cannot hit me! ^.^

so when shell was doing a snapshot review i got creative perms and looked at the ocean monument we were at. and i saw it had an underground support area.

so what do u know?!

there is glass between all pillars and now im trying 2 get more water out. this is gonna be my main outpost hub with a nether portal and directions 2 get to other parts of the outpost.

my biggest project so far and im having a good time just goofing ^.^
    607 and MoreMoople like this.