[POLICY] Macro Limitations

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Krysyy, Jul 15, 2016.

1. yes
  2. Now, I have made a suggestion of a difference of quality in product somehow to level the playing field for the hand made cobbler going old school to produce -vrs- slave shop of digital mod made in quantity product to show a price difference for time spent. Perhaps durability is less with a mass produced walmart style store bought instead of a time spent vanilla one. Otherwise whats the point of a mod, other than to speed things up a bit, make it easier, or am I missing something.

I wonder what is the purpose of a mod?

I only have a skin. I guess that would count as a mod, But it sounds like a time/effort saving thing. That is what games are about. Doing what it takes to play the game as intended not figuring out a work around so it is easier. So I guess the quess the question is why?

and I already thought of "because" lol I am not knocking people for doing it, I just dont understand the drive and motive I guess and was wondering if any one would share? Thank you.
  3. Indeed, it sounds quite strange, you're playing a game, and are trying to make it easier, but that, I think, is because minecraft is not made to play like people like me do. I mean, it does indeed sound a little strange, but I can tell you macro (crafting) really helps if you need a full double chest of birch wood stairs, or, the one even was bad with macro, two full double chests of dispensers (remember, you need to craft an unstackeble bow, and redstone out of test one blocks) but it also is just because I'm (we're) lazy, I mean, I'm lying on a sofa whilst typing this, and that also is the way I'm playing in-game, relaxed, calm, not doing to much and defenetly not doing too much to get something done, I'm gaming to relax, I have skied about the whole day today, and that usually is mountenbiking, so it's not I'm never doing somethings, I just don't feel like doing too much whilst gaming (that also is the reason I'm not playing shooters or anything like that...)
    I hope that helps :)
    Acemox2k likes this.
  4. Ok so here's a dumb question
    Can I mine on 2 alts while on play on my main?
    • 3 keyboards and setting left click to spacebar so I can play with my feet to mine in place.
    • No macros involved just ambidextrous movements
    Mob_Meal and 607 like this.
  5. There are no dumb questions.
    What you describe is obviously possible by a human and you are actively at your desktop and just modifying your key settings, so yeah it's fine.
    I'm not talented enough to tap my foot like that without getting a cramp, but if it works for you, go for it!
    Extended periods of time would obviously raise questions as to the legitimacy of your claim though.
    607 likes this.
  6. Get gud
  7. Haha, I like that idea! :p
  8. I know this thread is old, but I recently got a new mouse that has an auto hold feature and wanted to ask to be 100% sure: if I press a certain key, it causes the mouse to HOLD down the Left click, instead of auto clicking; is the auto-hold permitted?
  9. Auto clicking is allowed as long as you are not afk.
  10. Just check to make sure it doesn't give more than 10 clicks per second as a guideline. And never use it while afk or simultaneously interacting on another account.
    Starzival likes this.
  11. He's not talking about auto-click, he's talking about holding the button down - without actually holding it down. The same how some people change their attack button to the spacebar, and put a stone on it.
  12. There are settings he could likely modify to increase the amount of clicking it did. This is why my response is thorough to cover any areas that may lead to confusion.
    607 likes this.
  13. lol she said its fine as long as you can do it without mods too xD
  14. I like the little "AWAKE" clarification....I'm sure at some point someone said "Well, I wasn't afk farming, I was just taking a nap at my computer with my hand on the right button" excuse lol

Though, this does lead to the question, which is actually something I do sometimes, what about doing stuff on other monitors? For example, I will have a farm that only requires one key on my left screen, and TV on my right screen. I can just hold my wireless mouse in my hands as I watch TV and sit back. If a mod attempted to contact me, they probably wouldn't get a response, even though I'm actively awake at my computer.
    607 likes this.
  15. If you aren't actively paying attention, you'd be AFK, regardless of physical distance to the keyboard. If you are interacting with the world, then you need to be mentally there as well.
    607 likes this.
  16. Why?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  17. If I have my Minecraft client open and I'm doing something else, whether it's surfing the internet, watching cat videos, etc and I'm not paying attention to the Minecraft screen at all, then I shouldn't be interacting with the Minecraft world in said client. You aren't playing, an automation is. That's what is not allowed.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  18. Why is this not allowed? Seems a bit odd to not allow people to do something else (e.g. looking out of the window) while actively holding the button that makes them do something in Minecraft, after all, they are actively holding said button.
    BitcoinDigger and FadedMartian like this.
  19. I'm saying what would possibly get you kicked as AFK if you aren't responsive. Looking out the window is not the same as watching TV (unless you just randomly gaze out the window for hours on end).
    FadedMartian and Sydney4363 like this.
  20. You said it wasn't allowed. What is it, could it get you kicked, or is it not allowed? If you say it's not allowed, why is it not allowed?

(also, could you please reply to my PM? :D)
    607 likes this.