[POLICY] Macro Limitations

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Krysyy, Jul 15, 2016.

1. To make things super clear:

If you are interacting with the world and you are not paying attention to the Minecraft screen, you may be tested for AFK. If you are AFK (not paying attention in this case) while action is occurring, then you may be kicked from the server. Testing for AFK may be done in any manner that the Staff determines is adequate to gauge your reaction. It will not always be in one type of chat, nor will it always have a follow-up message. Our staff have experience with auto-clickers and have various tests in place that they can run to see if you are there. Not all of these tests are in chat so you won't always have them in our logs when you log back in. Staff actions are recorded so that behavior cases can be looked at by multiple staff or reviewed if there is an issue. If you are kicked, but you were actually looking out the window, then rejoin and no issues. If you have extremely repeated issues of using an account while AFK, then the punishment may increase to more than a kick and a conversation with staff may occur as to your abuse of auto-clicking while AFK. If you are interacting with 2+ accounts at once at any time, this is never allowed and you will be punished much more severely.

Any questions after that?
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  2. My record is two and a half hours. (procrastinating homework by looking outside to see what the people outside were doing)

Also, I have something to add to this: I am really quite sure that doing something else on your pc, but are able to make sure that you can respond within a few seconds when someone PM's you (Made a macro that, when someone PM's me, it activates a program which, on its turn, puts that minecraft on the "front" of the screen I am currently active at.) used to be legal, becuase I had said that I did this this way to multiple mods, becuase of them PM'ing my active alt when they just wanted to talk about the weather or whatnot and those mods saying that that was perfectly fine and that they would, from that point forward, only PM that accound when they actually needed to check if I was there. I have also wanted to have multiple accounds afk-mining for a project, but I wasn't sure if that was legal or not. I am not 100% sure, but I beleved I asked a random mod who was online at the time if that would be fine, they approved it. This means that either the rule used to be like this all the time, but nobodey knew about it, not even the mods, or that this actually is a rule change, and should be listed as that.
    You seem It actually is kind of sad for me, I have a redstone project, with over 80 hours of designing in it on this point, which relies on 3 accounds klicking at the same time.

I, btw, am not 100% sure on the asking about multiple accounds part because it was a small event, I do have some memory problems (I tend to think, beleve, that I have done something when all I did was planning to do it, saying to myself "I'll do it at that point in time" but than having my planning get totally interupted by my dad, who doesn't plan, saying he wants to do something the whole day tomorrow, the day I planned to do that. It happens to me a few times a year, and since my dad's unplanned sessions happening quite often currently, I just amn't sure about the small things I remeber I did)

Also, one more question: could you please confirm that no redstone in the farms will be changed/broken when checking if someone is afk.
    You see: there is one farm I would still use with thos rule change, it is a really complicated machine, which relies on a lot of 0-ticks (letting a redstone signal go on and off in the same gametick, resulting in pistons teleporting blocks instandly, which is a chainable event, so you can teleport blocks from quite a distance - According to mojang, it's an intended feature) and extended two-gametick signals (signals that are 2 gameticks / one redstonetick long, but do get through comparators and torches, again, an intended feature) if you break one piece of redstone chances are quite high I'd have to rebuild the whole thing. Which is not something I'd want to do, as you need to place quite a few budded pistons and push in components from the side, as observers tend to active when you place them, and me not looking for a signal going through the machine.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. Staff would never break any aspect of a farm to test whether or not someone is afk.
    Jelle68, FadedMartian and fBuilderS like this.
  4. The rule has been listed since before 2016. If a mod did not know about it, that is a issue and something I will make sure to better quiz them on in the future. Regarding something like this, the mod SHOULD have directed you to SS+ (preferably yours truly) for any specific rule clarification/discussion.

In the future, please let me know if you do not understand something in totality so that we can discuss the specific scenario.

To add to what Eviltoade said, please note that if you have complex redstone operating at a build of any sort, there MUST be a kill switch available. Levers that can be turned off by staff if there is a issue performance wise. Recently had an area I visited to save a mod from lag death. I usually clock about 250 fps and it took me down to 10-15. In that case we looked for the kill switch, which was in a convenient location and were able to save the mod and no redstone integrity was affected.
    Sazukemono, FadedMartian, 607 and 3 others like this.
  5. That's much more clear for me, thanks! :)

I do have another question: if you're kicked for "interacting while AFK", but relog within 1 or 2 minutes, is that seen as acceptable?

Interesting, I'm quite curious as to how you'd test this without using chat, but I can easily guess that that isn't something you would share. :p
    Jelle68, 607 and FadedMartian like this.
  6. 1: there is more than one type of lagg: You've got server lagg, client lagg and internet lagg. Fps is client lagg, which is not caused by redstone contraptions but by (tile) enteties and transparent blocks, usually passivly, which means you cannot turn it off. You having a low fps when loading an area does not mean it's though on the emc server. 2: The contraption I am talking about is never on or of, It's triggered by you mining: every time you mine your fith block, that is instantly detected which instatny sends a 0-tick to the pistions pushing in new blocks for you to mine and send a signal to the farm to produce more blocks. Which means it's only active when a player is mining. It actually is REALLY lagg friendly due to it bairly using any redstone dust on high signal strangth (redstone dust blockupdates every signalstrength it changes, no matter if it's turning off/on all at once) A small, badly designed small pupkin/melon farm (I tested one by MumboJumbo, man that guy doesn't know how to lagg optimise, he used a torch burnout: the lagg causer) actually takes around 100 times more computing power as what I have here.

Also, I do have one complicated redstone contraption in-build (I really need to find the time to actually construct things on emc... the last things I did was easter, of something I designed half a year ago...) which does actually lagg the game for some amount, jet, I have hidden the on/off switch for it, becuase you need do do some quite complicated things to force it to go of (normaly it would go of when it's finished what it was doing (sorting at 110 times hopper speed, wayy lagg optimised, of course))) which, due to you having to wait in certain places that have certain chunks loaded and others unloaded, can take around about 15 minutes to half an hour to do without having the risk of the contraption breaking (it auto-fixes on a button click though, which takes like 15 minutes, but you would have to resort all you was doing and fixing creates a lot, and I mean a lot, of lagg (I crashed my minecraft with it...(okay, running 4 minecrafts can get heavy, so that isn't that much of a suprice, but still))) Should I expose the "force off" button, inclusing a book with instructions on how to properly unload? I could also make a fool's off swich, which would send the enteties into lazy chucks, which, as long as nobodey goes there, will be all fine, but if someone decites to teleport there and walk back for some reason, they may just ceate a lot of lagg (2 000 enteties in one place, anyone?) (Now I think about it, I could rewire all the redstone and make it "pause", saving most items, but voiding some (stacks) others.)
    The problem with thease systems is that some tiny parts break when you unload them, and other break when you let them overflow, meaning you can't just lock the input (stop the system) to the ones that break when unloaded. (talking about a system that sorts though all the non-stackable items for the redstone nerds here...) me using water straems to lagg optimise (water streams are WAY lagg-friendlier as hoppers or dropper lines) does neither really help with the situation... mainly beacuse of some parts of the contraption being on one residence, and some parts on another... I would have to make a system that creates a lot of lagg passivly (when not used) and when it's active to make it able to shut off quickly.

Also: if you wonder why I choose such a sorter, when there are way simpeler ways to do it: The other ones (tango's, docm's) aren't properly lagg-optimised in the defenition of their design. (gnembon's is, but that thing is slow...), so I had to come up with my own anyway and I thought: why won't I just make an enourmous item buffer, and only sort through those items when nobodey else is online. (which happens a lot to me) this way, I wouldn't be lagging of anyone's butt when I need to sort one DC of items, but I can just turn on the sorter 9am my time, 3am emc time, when nobodey else is online and sort through all that I want sorted in something like an hour, using computing power nobodey was using in the first place.

[tl:dr] If it's a complicated redstone contraption,shutting it off isn't as easy as flipping a leaver...
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. As long as you aren't using an auto-spawn mod of any sort, no harm and no foul. Staff can always just write that you actually were there. You go back to mining or whatever you were doing before and we go back to planning fun events, etc :)
    607, TomvanWijnen and FadedMartian like this.
  8. Awesome, thanks! :D

... -> staff can go back to planning fun events, and I can go back to collecting materials for fun events... ;)
    607 likes this.
  9. I have a few macros I've planned on making:

M1- /home
    M2- /reply
    M3- /v
    M4- /smp

I'm sure these are ok.... Right?
  10. that's fine
    607 likes this.
  11. So if im farming heads but im at the laptop watching and the macro is auto respawn, its ok right?
  12. as long as 1 press of the macro key = 1 respawn, yes.
  13. so i have to press a key to respawn?
  14. If it automatically respawns for you without you having to press a key, combination or anything of the like, that isn't allowed.
    607 likes this.
  15. Really? it used to be acording to staff i talked to. they said i just have to be at the keyboard
    FadedMartian likes this.
  16. I activate it but then it does it on its own.
  17. According to http://mods.emc.gs, auto-respawn mods aren't allowed.
  18. I have a script that does this. It is no longer allowed.
    607 likes this.
  19. Ok, so whats and efficent way to head farm
  20. There's no way now lol
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.