Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Found this gem on Reddit.
  2. Honestly, there are significantly more dangerous services you use that hackers would target. Gps data is relatively useless for hackers. What would they do with it? As for them using your gps for more than the game, we will never know. If that is a concern you might not want to use your phone at all though since so many services want to track you :p. https://www.google.com/maps/timeline

I downloaded the game and haven't done too much other than catch some Pokemon near my house. I don't really understand how you find them. Do you just roam around and passively catch them or is there something that has to be done on the phone?
  3. The most effective thing you can do, I've found is use the map to search your area and try to find a public spot that has 2-3 PokeSpots (and possibly a gym too). The best places will have 2-3 PokeSpots where you can reach them all without having to move around a lot. It's a plus if there are more within walking distance.

Then you get some Lures (probably need some friends there) and drop the Lures on the PokeSpots. Before long you'll have yourself a nice crowd of players most likely.

Also use your Lucky Egg if you have one. Start catching Pokemon, evolving them, incubating your eggs, get items from the PokeSpots, etc. The Lure and your Lucky Egg will last 30 minutes so get as much done in that 30 minutes as you can.

Then rinse and repeat.
  4. i play it just started there s a gym less them 20 feet from my house XD
  5. Just made like 5 new friends. Went to my local church which was a pokemon Gym. It was controlled by valor so I was going to train my pokemon. Well there was a group of 5 ppl there and as I walked up they asked, "Team valor?" I said "yea" and they were like "cool man, come join us." I have to admit, the pokemon community is really nice. :)
    ShelLuser and bitemenow15 like this.
  6. Jealous mine it like 6 blocks away
  7. I tried it a few days ago but I couldn't even sign in because the servers were so slow. I'd rather waste my life sitting at my desk than running into poles and getting his by cars to find Pokemon lol
  8. I guess Michelle Obama got people off there butts
  9. Should i get Pokemon go
    SSRCMegaMall likes this.
  10. YES
    Kytula, bitemenow15 and SSRCMegaMall like this.
  11. not my strongest pokemon but one of the coolest looking ones so far:

ChickenDice likes this.
  12. What's a lure?

The Pokémon community? Would you think so? Here, lots of people have downloaded the app, even people who haven't even played Pokémon a lot, let alone were or are in a community. Many people playing it are people from post the Gameboy era, even.
    Kytula likes this.
  13. *Tries to get pokemon go 2DS... Tries on IPhone 4... Throws I phone*, 'Mum.. Can I get a new phone?'
    lottie1664 likes this.
  14. Or Pre-gameboy like me
    Kytula likes this.
  15. sitting in living room and finds 2 Pokemon XD didn't have to go outside even
  16. *wants game so bad but doesn't have a phone* D:
  17. R.I.P
  18. Whats the difference between a lure and incense?
  19. Incense lures Pokemon to your location for 30 mins, lure attracts Pokemon to a PokeStop for 30 mins. Lure also helps other people around the PokeStop to get Pokemon there, but Incense is for the user only :)