Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. All this hype, but I can't play it in the netherlands even though I really want to :(. I use an apple device so I cant download any version, and if you want to create an australian/US apple account you need postcodes and stuff but I rather dont put any random stuff there that could be people I dont know :3

I think it is a very good idea though, it brings people more outside, and is very enjoyable/original. :)
    Patr1cV and 607 like this.
  2. Last night I went downtown in my city. There must have been 150 people playing of all ages sexes and races. ALl having fun together. IF this game h as done nothing else it has brought people together
    SirTah, 607, ShelLuser and 4 others like this.
  3. I just came across this and thought it was a good thing to share, just in case players didn't know.

4. It's a bummer that some players don't have access to very many pokestops and gyms as others do. But man, it aint good that stuff like this is happening.
    Kytula likes this.
  5. Speaking of this! I heard somewhere in LA like a day or 2 ago like 300 people were gathered in one spot trying to catch a dragonite.
    TheDarkModRises likes this.
  6. Does anyone know if when it says GPS SIGNAL NOT FOUND that it's a problem on my end or Niantic's? I seem to get this problem a lot, where my character will just stop walking and the game won't update my location even if I quit the app, restart my location servies, etc. I'm on an iPhone 6 - iOS 10 beta so if anyone else has a similar problem and found a solution that'd be great.

Also people who are high leveled, anyone notice your game starts throwing curve balls even when you toss the ball in a straight line? Ever since level 12-13 my trainer seems to throw curveballs without me trying to do so.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  7. Is this where Chris took his name from?

8. i get that error often too, i find it useful when i'm not actually moving anywhere and it thinks i am. LOL
    but it is on yours and my end not the game.
    try downloading google maps and saving your areas as offline maps.. i found that has helped my batterylife
    607 and samsimx like this.
  9. did you use a berry on it?

Two times I've seen the curveball happen:
    1) You use a berry first
    2) You spin the pokeball before throwing it
    samsimx likes this.
  10. Hah that's the only benefit. Sometimes I'll be down the street and still be able to access the pokestop I froze at. xD
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. i am also beyond pissy over the darn "wind" thing taking my pokeballs in directions i didn't freaking throw it. like thank you. wasting my purchased pokeballs.. THANK YOU GAME. I LOVE THAT FEATURE. where you WASTE my crap. :mad:
    samsimx likes this.
  12. I haven't had to buy any items yet. I'm lucky in that I live in a town with a college and I can just roam the college for an hour and get over 100 pokeballs.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  13. This is a problem with Niantic's servers, I've had the exact same problem and heard from several people the same thing. Though there is not a way to get rid of it permanently, I recommend turning your phone off and back on and log in and continue from there.

I have noticed this, my player is lvl 12 right now and every so often it happens. It's nice that it does that it does that on its own sometimes, but if you flick up straight at the pokemon it normally doesn't become a curveball.

Also! for people who don't know this already, if you miss a pokeball when trying to catch, while its still in the screen click it to pick it back up!
  14. xD nice! Also, your flareon is smaaall!
  15. evolved it when I was at level 15

it's okay though, I'll have enough Evee candy here in a bit to evolve another
  16. I have a vaporeon, but its not nearly as strong as that guy. I have a very strong candidate to be evolved soon, I'm excited about that and my rhyhorns.
  17. oh you meant small as in size, not in CP. gotcha.
    607 likes this.
  18. Pokemon Go is supposedly out in Germany now... shouldn't be too long for the official release in the rest of Europe then! :p
  19. I like to point out the quirks that are thrown in games, the youngster metal is alittle silly.
  20. Indeed it is! :D