Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. So I tried playing having no fore knowledge. Ran across this, it did not want to be caught.

What kind is it? Ended up catching it, but am going to need a couple of stitches and it will not fit in that ball.

2. Okay ill try my best ;-; Thanks!
  3. Well, if it's anything like the main series games, you catch Pokémon you find using Pokéballs and can do battles with them. When choosing Pokémon for a specific fight, take into account typing. For example, water's super effective against fire. I'm not sure if it's mentioned anywhere in the app what types are effective to what and weak to what types, but it's surely available on the internet.
    Here, for example:
    WolfInAction likes this.
  4. Oh my goodness thanks! This definitely will help.
  5. Keep in mind I can't actually try the app so in what I'm saying I'm assuming it to actually be similar to the games on Nintendo handheld systems :)
    WolfInAction likes this.
  6. Thats perfectly fine :D
    607 likes this.
  7. Team Mystic reprazent!

SkeleTin007 and HxCami10 like this.
  8. You see, I downloaded the game, but I am so lazy I don't wanna go outside, I managed to get a few riding as a passenger in my car but until I get some motivation (and a place to go; I live in an area where there really isn't anywhere to walk.) Then I feel like I could get a lot more
  9. A whole lot of people here changed their location to Australia so they could get the app early.
    It's talked about a lot now. A guy discussing what they should do after school: "Go to the gym or the McDonalds?"
    Sometimes they have no idea what they're talking about, though... "That one water type is cool. Bulbasaur." >.>
  10. team valor and mystic travel around where i am and take over all the nearby gyms
    ChickenDice likes this.
  11. My team (mythic) has control of all the gyms in my town and the ones in the town next to me :p
  12. there is no team mythic so jakes on youuuu
    607 likes this.
  13. I got to be a designated driver for Aphaea and her friend as they tried to catch a pikachu. Safety first.
    SirTah, samsimx and 607 like this.
  14. So like MY sister and I left our house last night at 1:00 am to catch a dratini, we didn't get home till 3 am because we found so many other Pokemon. Pokemon go has ruined my life guys :p but I love every second of it.
  15. TEAM VALOR FOR THE WIN
    battmeghs and bitemenow15 like this.
  16. Im thinking about starting a team valor wildbase :D no instinkts or missticks allowed :p
    battmeghs, SSRCMegaMall and samsimx like this.
  17. I like the consept that game developers are using ways to get our lazy butts and make us modivated to start doing something. What scares me the most since it is new and all. What are they using that gps info other than tracking where you are. It just scares me even though it seems to be a harmless game can be a prime target for hackers to get your information.

I am just a crazed person but don't get me wrong, food for thought.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  18. You mean AR?

VR = virtual reality = wearing a headset and the display shows a scene to each eye to replicate a new environment

AR = augmented reality = anything that shows you real life with a layer on top to immersify (yeah that's a word) the experience into real life
    607 likes this.
  19. I too am gravely scared for a hacker potentially discovering that I walked a few miles out the way to catch virtual pets.

And besides, Google already knows more about me than even I know about me.
    607, AverageWalrus and samsimx like this.