Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. A lure is a something you use on a PokeStop and it acts as an incense for everyone in the area
    Incense is used for yourself and attracts pokemon to yourself, but only you

They stack BTW, so you can stand on a lure with an incense going and get crazy pokemon to come
  2. It's an item you either get from leveling up OR you can buy it in a shop. When you go to a PokeStop, you click on the little white bar on the PokeStop screen and you can place the lure down. Then the lure starts to... wait for it... lure pokemon to that PokeStop for 30 minutes.

So if you find an area with 2-3 PokeStops all together and you drop lures into each of them you can imagine all the pokemon that get attracted to that area.

EDIT: ninja'd, didn't see the other responses
    607 likes this.
  3. It sucks i cant get it on my device but at the University im at theres 100s of people playing it
  4. Its awesome I just got this and its fun and gives me a reason to go outside which I NEVER go outside XD There was something on TV though saying that this is dangerous cause it can lure you to places that are dangerous and could get injured or robbers will be there. And if you just type "bad things" on google and they have the suggestions on there it finishes with "bad things about pokemon go". Also if you click that first thing that comes up as a result is "In The News" a report about the whole thing. It was said that some person found a dead body while play ;-;
    Quotes of heading from a pokemon go report from a news website ( http://fusion.net/story/323730/pokemon-go-accidents-thefts-security/ )
    "A dead body was found while playing
    "Some peoples’ homes are Pokéspots"
    "People have used the game to rob others"
    and even more...

I do enjoy the game but from all this news stuff and rumors spreading im not so sure the game is actually safe to play it is true it can lead you to places you dont even know. You should be smart enough to go to far away from home where you dont know the place but some people are just eager to catch em all, you know. XD

5. I recently caught a bulbasaur so far.
    I am still trying to get used to the servers because they keep going down for me
  6. The best solution is to use common sense and not walk off into bad places on your own. Bring a buddy Pokemon hunting and go to the pokespots near populated places like malls and parks. Not the one by the dumpster in the alley.

As for the dead body thing, you kind of have to wonder what would have happened there if it hadn't been found. Pokemon Go could have helped solve a mystery/crime that otherwise would have gone unsolved for much longer.
  7. While I was walking over to my workspace, I checked what pokemon were nearby. I nearly passed out to see there was an omanyte in the list(I live in a desert).
  8. Still waiting for it to come to Canada D:
  9. ;( bummer!
    MissKells likes this.
  10. go is taking over my life,
    my physical powers of myself are severely limited due to a health condition.. but that hasn't stopped me, well, mostly, hasn't stopped me from walking 10 miles in the last 3 days. :eek: of course i've payed for it with my heart flipping out and being super painful the last few days... but whatever, its worth it.

i am almost level 16, and team valor!

here are my current loves!

11. Congrats on the eeveelutions and dratini! My 3 strongest pokemon are a Pidgeot, Vaporeon and a Parasect xD
    That's most likely gonna change when I can finally evolve my rhyhorns, they are stacked! The rarest pokemon I have caught is a tauros, but the omanyte is the rarest I've seen!
    SirTah and battmeghs like this.
  12. What level is everyone at? I'm at level 13. Only third day.
  13. I'm at lvl 12, its only been a few days since I've started.
    SSRCMegaMall likes this.
  14. Ya see, in order to play Pokemon Go, you sorta need a non-flip phone.
  15. Yay! Just hit lvl 5 just now! Been playing since the 7th.. >.> I need to get out more I know. But I don't dare go walking by myself around here.

Go team instinct! Lol :p
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  16. are these only in deserts?
  17. They're water type pokemon only found in lakes.
  18. Not only in lakes, but they spawn more common near bodies of water than say, in the desert. You might rarely get a spawn there but its probably just Sandshrews for miles
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  19. oh ok, thought i was gonna have to drive to the desert to be the very best
  20. So I spent the last 2 days updating my wife's samsung to the latest android os. Then I installed pokemon go. And for this afternoon we spent about 4 hours at our local adult-drink establishment grabbing pokemon galore as people kept setting off Lures at the 4 pokestops in the area.

This is a milestone. We've been together since 1993 and this is the first game she has ever taken any interest in. She loved it. We sat there, had some tapas for lunch, a few beverages and caught a bagload of pokemon. So addictive and so much fun.

Hopefully its more than just a week or two and it gives us something extra to do every time we go out. Not that we need more, its just a bonus.