Player Notes, XP, Survival, Bug Fixes + more! 9/26/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Fixed bugs all around with entity damage for the survival system that was likely affecting the entities effective difficulty / player damage % checks. Hopefully Marlix will be consistent with loot now!

Freshly spawned Marlix after the server restart still had the non player damage issue.

2. Farms are already way slower on emc though :\
    Tigerstar and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. Pepper and I signed in at diff 10 out in the waste, and instantly an enraged zombie spawned. Can't say it doesn't work. XD
    khixan likes this.
  4. Oh another detail - If you are above difficulty 5, and a custom mob spawns near you, it will trigger combat activity, locking you into that difficulty as combat normally does.

This prevents setting to 10 to boost spawns then switching down immediately. Sure you can wait it out... but if your on 10, and an enraged spawns, it will then automatically go after you, and you'll be locked into that difficulty.... :)
    Luckygreenbird and ShelLuser like this.
  5. All good :p Still nice to have to option to turn on/off though :)
  6. :( Sigh.. Can you PM me all details you can think of with the fight. Armor enchants you have etc, weapon enchants, did it get hit by other things, etc.

But I may see cause, but I dont see you triggering risk guage stuff so doubt its that.
    Luckygreenbird, 607 and khixan like this.
  7. Cool, thanks guys!

So, can free players have as many notes as they'd like?
  8. /pnote is now my new favorite command.
    607, khixan and Ultimamaxx like this.
  9. Much agreed. Of course, this is the first thing I did with the command.
  10. That's funny:
    607, khixan and PenguinDJ like this.
  11. Hi aikar, I noticed this one zombie wouldn't die when I was on 10. Just a regular zombie. I just kept hitting and hitting, and then the sun came and it was on fire. It wouldn't die. Then it killed me and disappeared when I spawned back. I hope maybe the issue is on my end. This is after you updated tonight.
    607 and khixan like this.
  12. I'll let you know if I see another one.
  13. Maybe unrelated, but the chickens on my res won't die in lava after the restart. They play the chicken-damage sound and flash red like they're being hit, but they never die. :(

Edit: A freshly spawned baby chicken into fresh lava did die. But the adults in my cauldron still won't die.

Edit2: Even my sword will not kill them.

Edit3: And I cannot egg them. Seems to only affect animals that existed at the time of the patch. New animals die just fine.
    607 likes this.
  14. Great updates from the Dev team, hard at work. Can't wait to see what comes next =)
    cadgamer101 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  15. Is the server possibly down due to this update?

EDIT: Just kidding, it's working now .-.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  16. I just logged on perfectly fine. :)
  17. From what I can tell, you can have as many players have notes, but anything longer than the one line of text would require supporter
    607 and Galantisizer like this.
  18. Ok.
  19. For a minute or so it seemed so. Ok now.
  20. him having 0 health likely dealt with the bug i just had to rush to fix. .... found another detail about the bukkit damage API :/ I'm not sure its fully fixed right now, but i made a change I think would be related.

and the update to fix this bug had a bug and caused servers to crash, so i had to fix that bug real quick.
    Luckygreenbird, 607, khixan and 2 others like this.