Player Notes, XP, Survival, Bug Fixes + more! 9/26/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Sep 26, 2015.

1. I died from a skeleton bcs it was locked onto a group. Something needs to be done about that
    ShelLuser, PenguinDJ, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. I understand locking off minibosses and possibly enraged mobs but don't you think normal mobs is just overkill? I was with a group in the wastes yesterday and came across a few players at the friday night miners from the day before. When it became night it was instantly noticeable locking normal mobs was a problem. We would shot a zombie from 50 blocks out and watch as it starts attacking the other players while they had no defense against it except to run. I mean it doesn't really even make that much sense to lock out normal mobs in my opinion, not much people would care if someone helped them kill a creeper, they'd probably appreciate it. :p
    ShelLuser, PenguinDJ and tuqueque like this.
  3. This is a real problem during gameplay when a monster corners you, but you can't attack it. I totally understand what you are trying to do, but it needs some better conditions. If a monster is targeting on me, I should be able to fight back without joining a group. Either make it so that the mob will only target group members or a special condition that if the mob is targeting a player then they can hit it even if it was 'owned'.

I have video of this in game if you want to see and I am guessing that anyone who has experienced it will agree that this needs fixed the end result is surely not what was intended.
  4. I didn't make this video specifically to showcase the issue with the group mob claiming, but this was the first time we realized what it was and a picture is worth a thousand words. I released the video a few days sooner than I had planned so that more people can understand what the conversation is about and at least be warned of the potential dangers.

https://youtu.be/SU6_BsxokbU

You can just skip to 5:25 and 10:40 if you don't want to enjoy our commentary. Also, if you don't watch any other part, you should watch the first one because I found a really epic spot for some slow motion.
    cadgamer101 and KaliaLlama like this.
  5. It's a known issue I will resolve soon.

Either by making claimed monsters not attack you if they are currently engaged in combat, or by resetting lock state after 15s of no combat AND it engages a different player.

----
    Also, I forgot a change went out with the bugfix the other night

Changes went out a day or so ago:

• Marlix is now stronger! With our Difficulty 10 boss battle, I realized how under powered Marlix was compared to Momentus... Marlix now has double the health, double the arrow attack range (128 blocks!), will target farther (32 blocks, up from 24), and now attacks faster, and attacks harder.

However, to help with fighting Marlix, the bats movement speed was slowed down another notch, so it should be easier to hit Marlix.
    • Shop signs preference was fixed to prefer chest underneath sign instead of the chest the sign is attached to as it always use to be.
    607, cadgamer101 and just_five_fun like this.
  6. That should make it more fun! :)
  7. The way I see it, you should never be unable to hurt a mob that is able to hurt you. If you can't attack a mob because it's claimed by another group, the mob should be totally unable to damage you, and really shouldn't even try to in the first place. Not only should you be unable to aggro them, but you shouldn't even be affected by things like creeper explosions, stray skeleton arrows, ghast/blaze fireballs, anything. There's too much room for untraceable "PvP" otherwise, for one thing.
    607, cadgamer101, ThaKloned and 2 others like this.
  8. I agree to a point, but I am happy knowing that Aikar recognizes the issue and as always will continue to adjust until it works in a reasonable way.
  9. Sorry just been stuck trying to resolve this bad code thats been lagging the servers out constantly but finally found a solution for it tonight.

about to knock out some more tiny things now
  10. Thank you, Aikar! You're doing a lot! :)
  11. I just killed another Marlix on difficulty 6. I got about 6 hits on it and then randomly when i want NOT firing at it, it said "Marlix Has fallen" and then died. This is a bug i believe? Am I correct in assuming that Marlix should have 100% chance of dropping something upon death by player damage?

Also when I was fighting it, during the first half of the fight, tons of guardians spawned and killed me a lot, but after I got blown up by a creeper, the guardians stopped spawning.

After that happened, the Marlix acted different and the message saying that it resisted the attack while it was out in the open, aside from a barrricade I hid behind, without anything to keep it from shooting (sometimes it stopped shooting altogether) at me, still within direct line of sight.

It was also raining while it died, so the only thing i could think of is that it took rain damage? But the message that says it took too much non player damage didn't show up so it might have taken some but not too much non-player damage.

Pictures below