Player Notes, XP, Survival, Bug Fixes + more! 9/26/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Omg loving that miniboss setting. It's obnoxious trying to set things up in waste and Momentus spawns -_- I think I just attract Momentus.
  2. At the risk of sounding ungrateful but I do have a suggestion ;)

Would it ever be possible to add the MiniBoss setting into player groups? Like we have /group diff and such? So perhaps a /group miniboss? I think that could help tremendously with some event types (and, I'll be honest, also with my own small fantasy story project in the wastelands ;)).
  3. i think thats a little too far heh. best to just ask people to please turn it off.
    Luckygreenbird, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Aikar I got cheated by a bug :'(. It dropped nothing and I was on 10. I'm not sure if you know about it yet or not. I hope this helps you in finding and fixing it. If there is anything you need to know I'd be happy to help.
  5. I think it's a bug anyway. Seems suspicious that an effective difficulty is 0 when it's not even a choice. I'm sure you can shed light onto this, you're pretty smart :).
  6. Well, you could have experienced a bug (I don't know that obviously) but the effective difficulty doesn't always have to match your own difficulty settings. That phenomenon isn't a bug but a feature (no pun intended).

When you fight a mini boss the server will take the whole fight into account. I don't know all the triggers exactly but some situations can result in the effective difficulty going down. Say you trapped a mini boss and you get constant warnings that it has problems reaching you. That will likely affect this and will result in the number getting lowered.

Effective difficulty 0 would mean that Momentus died without (hardly) any doing of your own. Obviously I can't say if that was true or not for your fight.
    607 likes this.
  7. Well it seemed like it was free and not trapped, and my voter sword was the only thing that hurt it as far as I could tell. I guess I could try again later.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. If you make a note on someone, only you can see it when you type /p playername
    607 and Salmatic like this.
  9. Thanks :D
  10. there is still a bug with the minibosses that apparently the update made worse and now impacts momentus too. ill try to get it fixed tonight.
    Luckygreenbird, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Those mini-bosses are surely causing Aikar lots of pain now too!
    /pnote sounds really nice!
  12. I would say so i reported a major bug to Aikar :/
  13. Yeah I just fought a marlix. I'm pretty sure I didnt hit before hand, but by the time I got close enough to look at it's health, it was half dead. There's nothing around to hurt it. It maybe useful information that aikar can use. This is the message, I think I've seen it posted before actually from others. But just in case this is different.
  14. Ok I think ive got things worked out. I'm gonna do an early reboot to just make things easier for everyone.

Hopefully this fixes marlix for good too.

Additional update note:
    - Supporters may now use economy chat in wild.
  15. Woot, can Finally Advertize Auctions on smps where I have Outposts, also, Minibosses Being Fixed is Great!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. Dragon Tombs?
  17. Soon as i get these issues stabilized... and do 1 small thing thats blocking socks, then yes DT 3 is next :)
  18. :eek:
  19. *which includes land claim or is that a separate thing now?