Player Notes, XP, Survival, Bug Fixes + more! 9/26/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Code:
    If username = "khixan" and userworld = "Nether" then SpawnGhast
    Did ya turn that off too? ;)

me: What do you think about a Ghast Farm for the next public build?
    MrCDub: Why? All we have to do is stick you on a pillar in the Nether and at least 6 ghasts will appear.
    me: ...

Disclaimer: Yeah, I know it's just a random luck thing. The ghasts are in love with me or something.
    607, ShelLuser, ScrObot and 2 others like this.
  2. Can you come stand by my farm while I glass the floor then? :p
    ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  3. Thank you!
    khixan and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Please let me know if anyone finds a marlix (You see the spawn message) and still gets the too much non player damage message.

I made so many changes last night to the overall flow and got a good understanding of what the bug likely was, and cleaned up the code more... so im really hoping its resolved now.

I killed multiple marlix, triggering risk guage, using thorn armor, etc, and everyone was fine.

I found a bug that was fixed last night that thorns actually we're not counting as player damage.... so I'm expecting that to of been a big culprit.
    Oasis_Co and Luckygreenbird like this.
  5. Here's a question about Momentus I've been seeing for the last week. I was doing some stuff in a desert biome and Momentus would spawn. I was doing other things so I just let it be (would deal with it later). The next day I would get the message, Momentus has fallen; Difficulty: 0. I knew where he was and did not appear to be taking damage and there were no Marlix around. I did not fight him at all yet. Have you heard of this issue?
  6. Knowing Murphy's law, I might as well turn minibosses off then because I am tired of logging in and having one spawn on top of me only to fight and die repeatedly for more stuff dropping from me with a bare minimum inventory (voter's armor and bow, and 1 arrow) then the minibosses.. Yes, the 1 arrow I keep dropping more than I have gotten from the last 2 minibosses that I have fought off around my encampments.. :oops:
  7. The 0 difficulty was what the update fixed, but any one spawned before the fix had potential to be "corrupted".

Have you tried difficulty 1-3 on them? should be easier (3 is needed to get any form of loot). Ultimately with good combat style, you should be able to kill them with enchanted diamond armor on difficulty 5 without dying.
  8. Awesome! I can finally explore in peace without a Momentus crushing my tiny bones :p
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  9. The momentus that I fought was glitched in a creeper hole hence why I got nothing because of all of prior nerfs done to archery had arrows going through momentus without dealing damage. I ended up having to craft a bunch of expendable wooden swords which is all I have left from that battle ironically.. <,< ..The Marlix was the issue that I had posted images about a few weeks ago.. :\
  10. Sorry, I need to vent a little more :) It's "that time of the week" (sorta).

I really think you guys (Aikar and the dev. team) have truly outdone themselves with this one. And the reason I think so is that "Play your way" when done right should focus on what players want, but also on what they don't want. Sure, the latter can risk bordering negativity, but even a negative opinion is still a valid opinion. In my opinion anyway (got a headache yet? good ;)).

SO yeah... Aya and myself have spend quite some time on smp9 recently (fantasy story stuff) and we both turned mini-boss & enraged spawns off. What can I say? No more Momentus or Marlix. So I guess this means I won't get to use my voters sword in the story, how unfair! :D

Naah... Really awesome update and so far it seems to work flawlessly.

But once again, seriously, I think this update really does EMC's motto credit: it's not only about what (most?) players want, you guys also try to keep in mind what the other players might not want. And that shows excellence :)

Only my 2 cents of course.
    607 likes this.
  11. I got one:

However, I didn't spawn it. Marlix and her friends were hiding over a hill when I ran through. Marlix was on 19/20 health, though, so I did 95% of the damage.

What I did notice, though (thanks to Damage Indicators) was that Marlix took 11 damage from only one shot with a bow, resulting in the ability to two-shot Marlix. Is that intentional?

Edit: Just found another one. It was at 15 health. Bow did 11 damage but it dropped its chestplate.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  12. Finally! The bugs be gone update has come!
  13. I had that happen to me twice earlier this week and I was so mad because it nearly destroyed my armor completely.
  14. That reminds me of something else. I always bring a pack of wolves to fight Marlix, as they scare the guardians away and deal some damage to Marlix itself. Is the wolf damage considered player damage for boss drops? For most purpuses, like xp drop, I know it is.
  15. yes it should count as player damage.

And I said it in other thread, but I found 2 overall issues, so it should now be fixed.
  16. Aikar I have noticed that is you kill a marlix on difficulty 7 it is a guaranteed marlix drop. Some people say it is false, and some say it is true. It always happens to me...bug or no?
  17. Well, drop percentages are higher the higher your difficulty, and theres 4 items...

But with the increased occurrences of minibosses may need to adjust that down some.
    Luckygreenbird, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Loving the updates, didn't see this thread earlier! Glad I can now clone my books, cheers! :D
    607 likes this.
  19. Finding a bug with group damage. For some reason normal mobs get claimed by groups and then won't take damage from people who are not in the group. Message gives the number of minutes till the mob will be unclaimed.

We were repeating this bug pretty reliably earlier today with 2 people in a group shooting arrows at mobs and then 2 people in no group trying to then hit them.
    cadgamer101, khixan and ChickenDice like this.
  20. not really a bug, just wrote the post incorrectly. Its for all monsters.

If 2 players want to both hit the same monster, they should form a group together. It protects groups from someone else taking a monster they are trying to kill.
    ShelLuser likes this.