#NotchBack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by stormboy231, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Being AFK in the Empire should be treated in the same manner as being AFK in LotusClan (TF2) - kicked off after x mins. If nothing else, it prevents people on otherwise empty servers from being able to sleep ;) Why should people who are doing something else elsewhere be allowed to continue making money doing nothing?? Oh - sorry its called capitalism :rolleyes:
    maxthegreat2 likes this.
  2. Well this isn't the first time Mojang has broken things people have gotten used to using... :p How many times has various redstone things broke...

Its honestly something Minecraft players have to accept. This game will change over time and break old things. But this is also true for EMC changes too, with the fact the game is designed for single player, sacrifices will have to be made to ensure things are for the best (ie: Entity Limiter)..

It's best to not get too attached.
    A griefer could also very well destroy someones farm, just this time, Mojang is the griefer.
  3. I personally love the fact that there will be no more iron and gold farms anymore. Doesn't bother me at all since I don't own one nor were planing to. I've always been against them so it will be nice for ore mining to be returned to the way it was supposed to be. #Unpopularopinion :p

However, I don't like the look of the new enchantment system.
  4. I understand the pain for people involved time and resources making fully automated farms, but... as said earlier, they WONT dissapear, farming still will be available, just with some adjustments and redoings (to avoid boredom :p :)
    I wonder why nobody mentions the item thats going to be gone for obtaining in survival at all, and that is-XP bottle.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  5. There can still be iron farms, just you have to kill them yourself.
  6. But they don't want that, they have to have automatic farms, they need to be able to watch youtube for an hour to come back to a chest of iron.

This change won't even spike up iron/gold prices, at least for a bit. You guys made such a huge surplus of both of those with these farms that we won't hit a huge price change until this surplus is gone.
    BilboBaggins23 and ZBSDKryten like this.
  7. So... we banning all Mojang Employees?

Also this
    A Fix for AFK Iron Golem Farms Snapshot 14w03 Using Eggs
    RainbowChin likes this.
  8. Eggs no longer cause knockback... or damage... or chickens to spawn... they spawn creepers now...
    JZH1000 likes this.
  9. The lag will be GIANT iron golems=lag problems!
  10. I hate these "#" things but this is something I need to do #NotchBack
  11. Kill them yourself
  12. I'm not usually one to post to a thread like this but it has peeked my interest.

Are iron/gold farms necessary? Do you even need all that iron or gold to survive in MC? You may need iron but not a lot of iron! The iron economy is already ruined to, the times when iron was about 16r a price was actually good. Why? It was fun to work for money, fun to mine and people didn't complain about how much iron costed. Gold is only useful for powered rails so you don't need much.

To be honest, Jeb has changed the game a lot since he was given ownership and to be honest the changes he made were good. Stained clay and glass, we all liked that change and what about the new TNT minecarts, they were fun. Did you like those updates?

My point is, to instantly hate on Jeb for a couple of changes isn't the right thing to do. Also, Jeb doesn't come up with MOST of the ideas, what about the other members of Mojang, Dinnerbone? Grumm?
  13. Also know, every change in an update has its own reasons for it doing so. These changes weren't meant to make players hate the game. They just want to improve the game itself doing so.
    Mindlegokid likes this.
  14. I have a iron farm (it isn't mine but the people at our base can use it) and I am not fussed that they are getting fixed, this game is about mining and crafting, not mine craft AFK all day.

15. For people like me who have never built or used a gold or iron farm, 1.8 doesn't seem like that much of a big deal.
    Believe it or not, but back before Iron and Gold farms were a big thing, people used to go caving or strip mining! I know everyone loves to get easy iron and/or gold, but maybe 1.8 will just stop most of us from being lazy and make us go out caving. Hey, it might even fix the economy a little! It'll give us all a good excuse to use the amazing group feature Aikar gave us all a while ago as well.

I don't see why everyone if moaning about it so much, you can't do anything about it, so just sit back and deal with it

Edit: Also, the people saying 'this update is to make us gamers hate Minecraft more!'
    Really?
    Why would anyone update a game to make the players hate it more? We could at least try and be slightly logical here guys...
    ZBSDKryten, 607, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  16. I really can't see someone spending THAT much on a gold farm. Unless you have 10000 floors. 100k? I could see that, but 800k, nope.

Time go get gold grinding. :p
    Mindlegokid likes this.
  17. If you have so much money and you are to lazy to mine, just buy iron.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  18. It has over 4 dc's of piston over 5 dc's of red stone and almost a dc of repeaters it has far over 100k spawn space, also about 250x500 blocks and 120 high
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.