#NotchBack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by stormboy231, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This will definitely not happen. I know that Aikar is also for making Minecraft more MINEcraft and less AFKcraft. Has been for a long time.
  2. Well I think if people are going to leave let them leave... It will show who's dedicated to minecraft and EMC.

This update isn't that bad at all... People seem to think that the gold and iron farm thing is going to be a problem... Not really before it was WAYYY to easy to get those items. Now it will be more of a challenge :) People will go more mineing what minecraft really was when it first started. This is just my share but I for one approve this update. :)
  3. In the topic about XP and Enchanting

I have no issue at all with XP concerns.
    In today's world, we actually have dozens of designs of xp farms that a player could reach lvl 30 in a matter of barely 5 minutes. I like how they increased the difficulty of leveling a tad bit, along with a resource cost. But also the 3 lvl cost to enchant so it doesn't anger/bother "that" many people in extreme ammounts. Even yet, anvils just got even cheaper to use now. So the only real concern is which enchant(s) you get, with the new system giving clues and etc. Which is the same concern we always have had when enchanting has first came out.
    Gadget_AD likes this.
  4. It will indeed happen unless aikar removes eggs or arrows or potions :p
  5. I must agree with ICC - after all the name is "MINE" craft :cool:
  6. Pretty sure that won't work. needs to be a player damaging them. But might want to test that.
  7. ... I'll resist the urge to lecture you further on exaggerating things and whining. :)

Suffice to say, I have built pro farms, and can easily expand them at very little cost. I'm not sure how you spent such a huge amount of rupees on your farms, other than paying someone to build them for you?

If you like, for a conservative price, I can spend 10 mins 'fixing' your iron/gold farms so they work just fine? :)

The new 1.8 changes bring new challenges, and new ideas for building these farms. I look forward to implementing my automatic crushers/damage builds using weighted pressure plates and automated potion brewers/dispencers. I love new challenges.

FYI: The 1.8 changes WILL make my combo-farms no longer work as they are meant to. So my builds will all need changing/pulling down. Now that iron golems cannot be killed instantly, and must be collected, they will conflict with non-hostiles and grinder hostiles for entity cap. So one or the other will have to go. These changes WILL affect me, but i'm not so cut up about it as the changes are a good thing for the future of minecraft.
  8. it might be called MINEcraft, but do you want to say minecraft is more about mining or about building if you have to choose one of them?
    autofarms usally need a lot of creativity and timeconsuming building.
    and that, i think, is why there arent a lot of autofarms on emc, compare to the 70k user mass on emc.
    if you as a investor or founder in a country want to start a company, put a lot of work and investments in it, must have dealt with new sets of rules every year, even get ordered that your company is illegal next month, would you have accepted it or moved to another country?
    samsimx and Jcplugs like this.
  9. ITT: Lazy people

Look, its not that hard to go mining. Just because you might have to break out a pickaxe to go get iron/gold instead of going AFK for an hour to come back to a boatload of iron/gold doesn't mean it "killed" Minecraft. Same goes for the villagers.

Mojang is trying to make this game involve more effort to succeed, instead of just having to sit at an automated killing point for golems.
    mba2012, RainbowChin and weeh666 like this.
  10. lol this will be interesting
    607 likes this.
  11. Being able to craft mossy/cracked stone kind of ruins the purpose of many things.. No iron/gold farms are absolutely ridiculous.

BUT- Aikar was able to edit drops of any mob, right? So couldn't Aikar be able to add those things back like iron/gold farms if he wanted? Plus he could take out the recipe for crafting mossy/cracked stone so it's still worth exploring for those. Aikar can do all that..
  12. Wrong. This update is the worst update i've ever seen in my 3 (4?) years of Minecrafting.
  13. Sorry for the double post, but no, Aikar can't reprogram these into the game.
    1. EMC is a vanilla server.
    2. This would take out huge chunks of time that could be spent on better things, such as Dragon Tombs.
    3. It will be months before something like this crops up, maybe a year or two until it's actually fully possible.
  14. It's easily done. You can edit mob drops fairly easily, just be editing the info on the mob. I've seen it done. Taking out a crafting recipe would just be removing the item from the end of the table once the recipe is in. Not very hard either.
  15. Not hard, but not something we want to do either.

We would never change game play mechanics just for the benefit of economics. If we were going to do that, I would of disabled Villager Trading on day 1 =P

Calm down everyone though.... My goal with EMC is to give everyone so much fun stuff to do that you wouldn't want to AFK farm :)
    jrm531, 607, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  16. Which is why I love EMC, and love you Aikar. :p You da bomb!
    607 likes this.
  17. Words to live by.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  18. More words to live by.
  19. To all of you who are saying "boohoo you have to actually work for your materials and not afk and get a bunch of stuff cause Im too lazy or not clever enough to look up a youtube tutorial and make a farm"
    AFK mob farms / mob traps are not made overnight, they take planning, time, materials and knowledge towards MINEcraft. Just because we are complaining because all that time we put into making massive farms, all those materials now in a structure that is now not doing what it was built to do, and what are we to do? If you think we are lazy because we afk, you are very wrong. Laziness doesn't build, slab, and prep an area for a mob farm.
  20. Like building a city, It may take a lot of work and not profit much but after a while... It will be worth it.
    And if griefers burn down that city we move and build another one. And if the city doesn't "work" for some reason.
    We go and build a big house in the wilderness. And if that doesn't work anymore or gets griefed. we live underground or we travel! HEY we are steves we can overcome any problems thrown at us! Just because your air conditioner is broken in the summer doesn't mean you can't be cool! If someone else eats the last piece of cake that doesn't mean there won't be more eventually! My point is we don't NEED eif 5 pickaxes to go mining! We can still live, It is just going to be slightly harder.
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.