#NotchBack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by stormboy231, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you have that much money to be spent on something as worthless as an iron or gold farm, then I see no reason why you couldn't spend it on a zombie spawner, and get iron off of them instead
  2. All the nerfing just adds more fun to the game. Yes, I'm disappointed in the loss of iron farms too, I'm addicted to buying iron :p but that doesn't mean we should all ragequit. It adds more fun back into the game as we now have to reconfigure farms and such, as brickstrike said splash potions do the trick! I'm not a fan of the new enchanting system, it seems like more of a nuisance than a fun challenge, but that's just me.

And besides, your iron and gold farms may lose efficiency, but Lapiz is now farmable AND it has a use! :D So look on the bright side, it's not like iron and gold farms have been removed, you can still AFK there for hours on end, you just have to throw a splash potion real quick (could probably do this with a dispenser to keep farms automatic ;) )THe only thing lost about the farms was the automatic side. You'll still be raking in the iron.
    jacob5089 and battmeghs like this.
  3. I'm sorry, I haven't heard of this, could you please elaborate?
    607 likes this.
  4. It's just a game, and the point of a game (especially something like Minecraft) is to keep your interest levels running high and provide a challenge. Just because your efficiency got nerfed a bit is no reason to rage, just look at it as a way to keep the game interesting and not just "grind grind grind all day"
    607, marknaaijer and THE_LEGEND4 like this.
  5. It's a villager trade I believe
    607 likes this.
  6. Cool! glad that will be easily obtainable :D
  7. i agree but you CANT afk for hour's entc/lag will catch up to you, also not too sure splash potions get you gold from pigman in 1.8 :/ only seems to work on golems :"(
  8. Iron drops from zombies are rare.
  9. It is still a drop, and you can trade flesh for emeralds, so in 1.8, a zombie spawner may be one of the favored spawners
  10. Well then just throw a splash potion every hour or so for the golems, not sure about the pigmen, but again, this is where it just keeps the game interesting having to figure out maximum efficiency gold farm
  11. Another reason why villager trading is op.
  12. i bought alt's with real money to afk for me...now what happens they just steal away farm, dont think they will stop there, jebs idea is to change the FULL game...befor 2.0 i think econmy will be screwed.
  13. all the more reason i love it ;) and the reason it was redone
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Actually it does.
    You see with iron on the increase, and you with an infinite supply of it, you'd likely to benefit from this more than others.... #JustSaying
    How would potions increase in price? You'd use them only when there are 100 golems ready to die. Plus you could just use a crusher instead, and then just hit them.
    THE_LEGEND4 and Rainier6 like this.
  15. i do LOVE the new villager tradeing but hate everything else...
    Rainier6 likes this.
  16. Well now you have an alt to be super sneaky, have an extra res, and just whatever
    607 likes this.
  17. New blocks in 1.8 are eyesores. They a ugly And look horrid. (my opinion)
  18. I got my alt of youtube
  19. Just an FYI. Everyone saying you're going to quit Minecraft, let me save you some time. You're not going to quit Minecraft, just like you didn't quit Minecrraft when you were mad at Alpha, Beta, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.