#NotchBack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by stormboy231, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not even read the rest of the thread but:

You're crying about the fact they're fixing aspects of the game which break it and make what should be hard, fun, challenging work pointless as someone can just churn it out at a farm?

What?
  2. Gonna add a little rant for you guys.
    I personally HATE iron/gold farming. It's an exploit in the game and I am super excited that Mojang is finally doing something about it. Only thing I disagree with jeb about is the lack of red dragons in the game =P
  3. I only farm for the PigZombie heads. ;)
  4. Red dragons will probably be a 2.0 update (If it ever happens)
  5. I never liked any mineral farm, iron in particular. Plus, everyone hates updates in a way or another. Beacon update? Everyone thought beacons were useless. Redstone update? Nobody wanted to understand how the new redstone worked, or thought that hoppers would make it OP to mob grind. Everyone thinks that it removes minecraft's "Originality". Yes, because every game on the market has a block of slime, iron golems and beacons. We like to stick to the past, but the past is easily reachable by saving your worlds and .jar files. Une mot pour tout le monde:
    Adapt.
  6. So, you're the one that's been causing the lag on smp7 then?
    Bro_im_infinite and 607 like this.
  7. Are you kidding me...
    This is still up? Wow, Volt please pass the popcorn.
    Bro_im_infinite and 607 like this.
  8. No no no... You don't get it.
  9. I think stormboy, you need to take a chill pill. 1.8 fixes minecraft to make it more like a game where you have to survive and MINE your ores. That's why it's called MINEcraft. Not StayAfkAllDayAtMyGoldFarmCraft.
    ZBSDKryten and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  10. I am honestly tired of seeing that "AFKcraft" label.

I am coming to terms myself with the update (and I am being crafty with redstone and testing new ways to use the farms without a large buildup).

However, it may be MINEcraft but it is also mineCRAFT. The other half of the word implies that the point of a sandbox game is to design new creations, combining the knowledge of the game with the knowledge of its mechanics.

My point here is, though the mechanics have changed greatly, people can and WILL find a new way to overcome a challenge set before them. There is a division of labor, not everyone will be spelunking the whole time. There are other aspects to this game. It won't be a simple task, but the mob farmers will do it.

So, everyone, please stop hating on the general AFK farmers out there, of course they will be a little bit upset with the news. There are other ways to farm minerals besides just mining them. Some might find a new way, others won't, and others just won't care about it.

Then to all those who ARE complaining about the farms. We'll manage. We'll adapt. Your farms might be big, but what's bigger is your ability to manage a business. Part of that is flexibility. Hopefully everyone oppressed by this will be able to solve their own individual problems some way or another. I personally will work diligently to manage and cope. Again, all part of the game.

Sorry to pick on your post specifically, Demon. It was just the most recent one for me to quote, so, you know... :p
  11. So you guys know all of your EXP farms, the ones where you have to actually kill the mobs yourself? People afk at those for ages, they wait for the mobs to build up, then just hit them and in five minutes of killing, they have all the EXP they ever needed.

Iron farms will just be the same now, you just modify it a bit so that they're a one hit kill when they come to you, you can sit AFK for as long as you want and then when you have enough, you just kill them all. Then repeat. I personally think, hardly anything has changed in this update, just Iron farms have to be built in a similar style to normal mob grinders.
    607 likes this.
  12. What do you think notch does better than jeb? I doubt that without notch handing it over to jens and djinni horse update or pretty scare update would be a thing. And people are happy with that, right?
  13. The price of iron goes back up (now its not worth a stack of dirt), idlers stop making money and now have to actually work, and the gold farm I use will still work since it already has manual killing and keeps the pigmen back, the infinite villagers mean now emeralds will either skyrocket or fall(depending on what trades get you emeralds now) but if emeralds can still be gotten from paper, then its a good thing inf villagers are being broken now anyone can get into the emerald trade since the production of them will go down and those who used the inf ones will just have to suck it up. The enchantment table this is kinda stupid though.
  14. Now it's my turn to say it.

This.
  15. i do not understand why people complaining on other people afking. You dont have to buy anything from them, you can still mine what you want and need yourself.
  16. Obviously sounds like you have never heard of inflation.. The farms cause a case of hyper-inflation with everyone and their mother making making these farms so that they can corner the market by dropping the price of whatever.. I can go out in the Frontier wild and run from outpost to outpost and get several stacks of iron ore, but people would rather afk at an iron farm to collect a case of iron and flowers or gold and whatever pigmen drop. I mean why even afk in a sandbox game anyways..? Without the gravity traps or lava blades most of these designs will be worthless, but if you are upset about it, why not do like Ethos or sethbling or Mumbo Jumbo do and figure out how to make machines based on the current mechanics of the game..
    jkjkjk182, 607, JZH1000 and 1 other person like this.
  17. And because of that, there is no point making iron farms, because you aren't going to sell much iron, and if you do, you aren't going to make much money out of it.
    607 and autumnrain26 like this.
  18. autumnrain26 and brickstrike like this.
  19. Would you also consider the redstone/obsidian transmutation an exploit..?
  20. The Wither/End obsidian farm?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.