Minecraft 1.12

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Feb 8, 2017.

1. One lousy bow :p is all I got from that ;)
  2. You're that eager to get hold of a lousy bow, or to have some mean player send armies of weird hordes after you? ;)
  3. Finally, it's about time:

• Fixed bug MC-111753 - Hopper/Dropper will not input water bottles into brewing stand after potions have been removed by a hopper from brewing stand
    This is from 17w16b, seems I got another upgrade to perform :p
  4. Does this mean full auto brewing machines will be possible once again?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Exactly. So 1.11 broke automated brewing and 1.12 is going to fix it again. Man, that almost sounds like Windows :D I'll let you know when I got some results, I'll try to "structure block copy" my TangoTek brewer from creative and see how well it works :)

(Edit): Well, it works perfectly again in singleplayer. Now to test a server ;)

(Edit2): Confirmed on a server too. So 1.12 should fix potion brewing!
  6. Most important 1.12 feature: ability to bounce on beds.

7. So, is it possible to add custom crafting recipes yet?
    I haven't been able to find it through Google, so I'd assume not. However, it might be so that it has been added but it hasn't been widely documented about yet.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Unfortunately not yet. There are already plenty of JSON files and the format seems pretty much straightened out, but it's not supported just yet. If I remember correctly there has been a tweet send out that this will probably not find its way into 1.12 but into 1.13 instead (which is rumored to become a smaller "bugfix-like" update).

Custom achievements on the other hand should work, but I haven't studied them very hard yet.
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  9. ForeverMaster and ShelLuser like this.
  10. New snapshot is out.

The 2017, 17th week brings new note block sounds, bug fixes, and further changes to the advancements system.

Yes, they reverted the Purple Shulker Box's color from last week. Dinnerbone says, "sorry about that".

The new sounds to note blocks are, in my opinion, really fascinating. Note blocks can now play notes from a guitar, xylophone, bell, chime and flute. Place one of these blocks to get one of the instruments:

Gold Block, Packed Ice (can't be regular ice), Wool, Bone Block or Clay (block).

And the Illusioner has its sounds in. Although, the spawn egg, unique drops, and subtitles are still missing. It is a work-in-progress.
  11. New note block sounds? :eek: To some people that might not mean anything; to others it could be huge!
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  12. parrots go bonkers if u put them near jukebox and play record!

looks really silly, mine even started running in a big circle after music ended ^.^
    607 and JohnKid like this.
  13. So I went over the official announcement (thanks for the heads up FM!) and there's something I'm seriously excited about:
    • Technical: Allow advancements to trigger commands as rewards
    This is huge. Think about it: you can make your custom advancements (still need to experiment with that myself), and I assume you'll be able to do the same on a server. SO... how about making a tutorial which fully behaves as the tutorial most new players will become used to in singleplayer?

And thanks to this here you can easily add your own custom awards :cool:

Definitely something I'll be experimenting with.
    607 likes this.
  14. I did something...

Customized advancements are a thing!

If you've been playing with the snapshots and have been paying attention to advancements then you'll recognize the second item, but not the first :cool: Unfortunately playing with all this stuff also shows you the current limitations of the system. When I want to use a spawn egg for an advancement icon I want a specific type, not the plain white one. Yet that doesn't seem to be possible at this time, which is a shame.

BUT....

Custom advancements go into the data/advancements folder (found in the world folder) and from there on you can make your own advancement types divided by directories. I'll spare all the technical details for now, but I think this can become a very interesting feature for servers.

Disadvantage is that the advancement screen doesn't seem to scroll. I had a ton of advancements and they fell out of the picture and that was that. The other issue is that you don't have too much space to come up with a good title and all.

Even so; it already allows for plenty of customization.

Next step (in a few days); trying to see how this reacts on a server :)
    ForeverMaster and 607 like this.
  15. Rhythmically woke up with a start. He glanced over at the clock on his nightstand: 3:34 am. What had woken him at such an ungodly hour? Despite the fact that he wasn't fully conscious yet, he thought he heard a noise from downstairs. Thinking it was a robber, he grabbed the nearest weapon he could find: his math textbook. It wasn't his optimal choice to defend himself against a potential intruder, but it would have to do. He slowly made his way down the stairs, being careful to not step on any squeaky spots of the floor. As he snuck around, he thought he heard the sound getting louder as he neared the family room. He slowly realized that he was the only soul awake in the house, but then, what was the noise? It seemed to be coming from his computer, the fool must have forgotten to turn it off before he went to bed. He turned on the monitor, and to his amazement, he was still logged in to smp8. The sound was definitely coming from here. In-game, he seemed to be trapped in some sort of box with windows. He looked around, when something caught his eye, nothing more than a little blue dot bouncing up and down in the distance. He broke out of the box and made his way towards the mysterious movements. He reached a clearing in the forest, when he saw it...

*boing* *boing* *boing* *boing*
  16. The advancements, and feature custom crafting recipes are making me feel quite excited! Perhaps it'll soon be time to make a new world for my brother... I haven't really played Single Player Survival in many, many, years, and I don't mind. My brother likes to get into it from time to time, though, if there's something interesting. In the past, there have been two worlds I created, with some extra things to it... for the first world, they were achievements in Microsoft Word, for the second world, they were custom items hidden throughout and an expanding world border.

With the advancements, I might be able to actually get custom achievements I want in-game, and I also know what I'm going to use the crafting recipes for: ways to obtain items like ender pearls, bones, spider eyes... He always plays on Peaceful (and if he doesn't he'll likely get into trouble with our mother :p), which means some items are unobtainable. Long ago, princebee made a mod for me to implement some crafting recipes, but I didn't actually know how to install mods, and when the new update came out it broke anyway. But now I'll be able to implement them myself, in Vanilla Minecraft! :D
    ShelLuser and ForeverMaster like this.
  17. Well, then an upcoming tutorial for custom advancements (with a possible custom recipe's expansion) is hereby confirmed :) I hope that may be able to help you out a bit, these advancements can be a little tricky, but once you got your fingers behind the syntax (JSON) it's quite doable.

You may already know this but you can do a lot with command blocks too. It's not fully the same, and you'd have to set it up, but a command block can also summon specific items or spawn specific mobs and so.

For example, your problem with lack of Enderpearls? My friend, you need to summon the EnderCow! :eek:

(I love Minecraft mechanics, this game is so utterly extensive, it sometimes blows the mind! :cool: But... you have been warned, small ShellVent follows :))

Make sure you can use cheats in your game, then follow these steps:
    • Give yourself a command block, also give yourself a button to 'start' the command block:
      • /give @p command_block
      • /give @p wooden_button
    • Place the button on the command block (duh).
    Keep in mind that tab completion is a thing in Minecraft. So /give @p comman<tab> is already enough.

Now... paste in this cool command I just devised (right click the command block, paste in this command, and click 'Done', you should see a confirmation):

Code:
    /summon minecraft:cow ~ ~ ~5 {CustomName:EnderCow,DeathLootTable:"entities/enderman",Glowing:1}

So what does this do?

The coolest thing! It summons an ordinary cow 5 blocks away from you (Z axis) but renames it to EnderCow. Cool huh? :D Ok, there's more: I also applied the glowing effect to make it look more weird ("that's no cow! .... It's a space sta.. err: Ender Cow! :eek:). Oh, and I also told the game that the cow should use the same loot table upon death as that of an Enderman :cool: And you do know what an Enderman drops when you kill it, right? ;)

Now, I can see how this may not really help you because yeah... now you'd have to press a button or step on pressure plate to summon 1 weird cow. That's not really fun and I'm sure it feels a bit out of place too. So because you're my friend I took this one step further :cool:

Just use this command to have some fun:

Code:
    give @p mob_spawner 1 0 {display:{Name:"EnderCow factory",Lore:["Spawns: The EnderCow","For easy Enderpeals!"]},BlockEntityTag:{SpawnData:{id:Cow,CustomName:EnderCow,DeathLootTable:"entities/enderman",Glowing:1},SpawnRange:20,RequiredPlayerRange:30,MaxNearbyEntities:12}}

This will give you a mob spawner called "EnderCow factory" and it does exactly what it promises.

When you're within a 30 block range of this spawner (and when it's dark of course, I need to study on that part too someday) then this spawner will summon EnderCow's within a 20 block radius of itself.

Of course I am now assuming that it's ok to kill cows :)
    jossytheninja, OhBoy3AM and 607 like this.
  18. Command blocks are fun! :D
    I haven't played with them in years, because I haven't played SP Minecraft in years - I got very disappointed when the lava, water and fire items got removed, as that ruined my main project. But I have lots of memories of trying to figure out where I went wrong with the syntax for spawning in some kind of custom weapon or mob! :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. TuqDufRhySmp8 and ExExUnderscore like this.