Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am according my posts to the "What If" style of philosophy.
    Because yes, our resident economy-destroyer is more than smart enough to realize that if this was implemented, many paying members would quit.
  2. Not really.

If the price of diamonds in real terms (not taking inflation into account) remained the same, then the actual nominal rupee value you would receive for selling your diamonds would indeed be more than before, but it'd be able to buy less because inflation has put up the prices of everything else as well as your diamonds.
  3. Ok... I wasn't going to comment but... you guys (you know who you are) just rock. Thanks for the comments, the support, the friendly questions and even the jests. Made me realize one thing; that many people actually like what we're doing. And I say we because well, this affected others too.

And I suppose, in a way, I can also understand why staff didn't like what has happened. Most likely because of things like this:

.... before anything actually happened or had been decided on.

No; I am not having a good day, yes; I am a little annoyed and/or disappointed with the way things happened but it has never been my intention to scare people away or cause them to worry or even doubt EMC in such ways that they might give up on it. Especially since nothing has been made official ...yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: yes, things happened. But.. Lets not start a riot or anything and keep calm. My intent here was to put some attention to the tax thing. I suppose I got what I wished for.

And well, I guess I did overreact a little bit when I dumped the whole thing into the forums without thinking of the possible consequences.

Yes, some of us got removed from the contribution team and its indeed related to this whole tax thing. But I have full confidence that we'll be able to work it out eventually.

And I'm also convinced that none of us will let this get to us in such ways where we'd consider leaving. Of course I can't speak for the others, but I do think its fair to say that we knew up front what we got ourselves into.

I don't like the decision staff made but I do not hold a grudge or anything. I just hope that feeling is mutual.

sorry for yet another long post, but I really needed to get this off my chest.

But you guys are awesome. The support really helps.
  4. If you were a millionaire like Todd you would still save A LOT of money.
  5. ROTFLMAO

This is one of the best threads ever.
    We should have "best thread of the year" contests.
    I'd bet on this one winning :)

I'm going to read it all over again tomorrow to start the day with a good laugh :)
  6. "april fools"- Future ShelLuser
  7. You got removed?
    Why?
    You would have been great:(

Anyone want to start a petition to get ShelL reinstated?
  8. Sup hommie, Good thing we found that ModSauce Server
    southpark347 likes this.
  9. A mistake which i have also made recently, which i am sorry for but a mistake shouldn't be punishable like that. We are human, we make mistakes every now and then. I've never seen you do any wrong, i don't see anything wrong with this thread, you haven't even done what i did. All this is, is a discussion about a rumour, to remove you from the contribution team is harsh. You don't need to reply or anything, i don't wish for you to get in trouble for whatever reason that could be, but i find this treatment a tad worrying. You heard rumours and wanted to validate them, thats natural, not something that should be punishable. The forums are after all for discussion anyway, help and other things.
  10. Reading some of the last comments I realize that some people might got all of this far too serious.

C'mon people, lighten up, let's have a beer and laugh about mistakes we make and comic situations that are sometimes unintentionally created :)

Love & peace!

607 and SoulPunisher like this.
  11. Completely off track here but, was the "I like ponies!" thing in the poll aimed at me? :confused:
    607 and MrsWishes like this.
  12. Or so we may have you believe......
  13. liquidates all his income into diamond rupees, pays 1 r in taxes.
    tax evasion ban

srsly tho guys illuminati taking all our moneys
    GoodnightSmith, 72Volt and PenguinDJ like this.
  14. Sorry this is irrelevant to the topic of this thread but I find EMC forums more interesting and entertaining than books and social media apps like idk Instagram or Facebook :p
    607, ShelLuser and 72Volt like this.
  15. I've posted twice but nothing great. My opinion:

This is fake. I'm 110% sure. In the last 5 hours, this thread has exploded with outrage by the player base. While I don't know exactly why this thread was made, or if ShelLuser was trying to trick anyone into an early April Fool's prank, it had nothing to do with the Contribution Team, and that's for sure. ShelLuser, Kephras, and FDNY21 are demoted and I don't know why, but I can speculate, and if you give it enough thought you'll come up with some guesses.

Think about it - has the Empire ever accidentally "leaked" a feature? No. And they certainly wouldn't do it now with a "feature" causing so much controversy. If it was real, the thread would probably have been moved to Staff forums by now, and at the very least locked.

What I don't get is the demotions from Contributor. Sure, it caused some drama, maybe it wasn't a smart post to make, but something tells me it was all in good fun. If this was ShelLuser's joke, he definitely thought it out. Maybe it's just too far to go when on a Community Team. All (to my knowledge, may have been deleted) Kephras posted was a small comment expressing his opinion... didn't realize we punished players for that.

Hell, this post may be completely wrong, but it's an opinion and I figured I'd might as well throw it out there.

Edit: 3/7 contribs who posted were demoted. *backs into shadows*
  16. I doubt it will happen. I think a feature like this would only be implemented after having a server pole to decide what the community thinks. If the staff are willing to let us help decided the new land claiming prices, they would probably let us have a say in this. The only way I could see this being implemented is for April Fools.

No matter what ends up happening I will continue to play EMC. I like the server because of the community, not the economy. The economy can change all it wants, but as long as the community is as awesome as its always been, I'll stay.
    Silken_thread likes this.
  17. Yeahhhhhhh
  18. I agree wholeheartedly but since it came from a Contrib member I based my posts off of the assumption that it would be true as with others in this thread I'm sure. While I disagree that others should've been demoted for this (which I assume, not proven) I do think either a warning of some sorts from staff would suffice. I'd like to apologize to the Contrib members who were demoted however and my thanks goes out to you for your service in assisting the community.
    I'd also like to ask that people refrain from spamming in chat asking why they were demoted, I'm sure they'd tell us at a better time than now, let them have their space. :)
  19. I can't believe that this could have something to do with this thread and/or other threads or any clumsy jokes or mistakes. That would be just too bad.

Anyway,
    this dramaphobia is an unhealthy thing EMC should really get rid of asap.

Yes, people sometimes make drama. That's normal. So what? Have a laugh and go on.

Can you imagine they had any "goodbye threads" banned?
    That's a bad kind of paranoia. But that was the old EMC owners / staff now gone.

Let's throw this nonsense away and move on.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  20. As I understand the responsibilities of being a Staff member, I would consider this thread a trap. They are not to disclose confidential information and they are not to participate in drama, at least in a way that escalates it. Notice no one has showed up yet to confirm or deny? They are probably deciding what to officially say now, if anything.

I can't see the topic of this thread as anything other than rumor. Aikar has made statements and polices that it would contradict. I would not expect it from him. If there is some grain of truth here he has a lot of smart Staff behind him who I am confident would make sure that whatever it is is well thought out. Whatever this is, the way it has been explained cannot be described as such.

Anything else, including speculation and reactions to speculation and rumor are a waste of time and likely making things worse. Be patient. Wait and see if this is even a thing. Without knowing the details, I think I can safely say that it was a trap for those who got demoted. To speculate on a false rumor is fueling drama. If it is a rumor about a fact, then they were potentially releasing information unofficially and prematurely. If any of you aspire to be Staff I think it would be wise to take note of this and the rest of us should follow their example.

I have my own ideas regarding what this might be about, but will be taking my own advice regarding discussing it(for once).
    607 and Kephras like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.