Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *to ;)
  2. Kind getting off topic... if y'all like to correct each other pm each other :3
    boozle628 likes this.
  3. Kind of*
  4. That is truely messed up.
  5. No worries Olaf. First; it takes much more than that, but second: you gained way too much respect from me to even come close to this.

No; first of all I respect your opinion and appreciate you speaking your mind like that. I'm reading and re-reading your post and letting it sink in. Second: I may be disappointed, I may be a little agitated at times even but I'll never get to that point where you become unreasonable (meaning: stop listening to other opinions).

From my point of view EMC has its problems, some people are treated a bit weird, and I think too much is going on behind the scenes. But, you may quote me on this, I still think in general that EMC is one of the best things which happened to me where Minecraft is concerned.

Yes, I dislike how I got treated by Kryssy. But I also have to admit that, so far anyway, she responded to all of my questions. I didn't like every answer, that's just me, but she did respond. And surprised us (us three) by also including Aikar into the discussion. That also means something.

So just so we're clear: there is mutual respect, most certainly no disrespect. But that doesn't stop me from sometimes asking "difficult" questions, such as the one I sent above to Matheus.

Because, in my opinion, respect should come from both ends. And it does seem weird that you're talking to senior staff about the events and in the mean time all the regular staff (no disrespect intended; referring to the moderators) seem more busy to make sure that everything you say gets discredited.

I don't want drama.

But I do want open channels. They asked us about the land claiming process, also a big deal. So why should the tax be so much hushed up?

From my pov? Seriously? We're doing them a favor and get punished over it. The poll results alone show as much.

Because let this be fully clear to all of you guys: we did not do what we did out of negative thoughts about EMC. Oh, most certainly not. We did what we did because we honestly believe it helps EMC.

Its also why I said above: lets not cause riots, lets not attack staff, and so on. All we wanted was to raise awareness.

If they can discuss town expansion, land claiming, why should this be covered up? it makes no sense...

Alas.. I am venting / blabbering again.. Apologies.

I don't fully agree with you, for reasons shared earlier, but I whole heartedly agree that this thread should not spiral out of control.

I know I can speak for the three of us when I say that we really don't want our revelation to be used to cause major drama and/or see our trouble used to attack the staff for someone's personal benefit and/or believes.

That is most certainly not our intention here. We don't want to cause a riot, all we wanted was to get this in the open.

I suppose I can agree that we could have done some things differently, fair enough.

Alas...

I will say this... Apart from getting the feeling that staff is trying to ridicule us.. If you take this out of the equation then.. I'd be lying if I said that staff was mistreating us.

There is mutual respect and I think that's a very big issue right now.

I think I need to leave it at that, I might have said too much already but alas; that's just me, and.. we'll see where this is headed.

Thanks again for your comments Olaf.
    M4nic_M1ner, 607 and Olaf_C like this.
  6. A war?

Who's war?

Sorry, you hit a nerve.

Considering that this is my thread.. No, I am not trying to win a war here.

In fact, we did what we did because we were certain that if they would carry out their plans there would be "nether biome" to pay. We're actually trying to stop a war from happening.

I get the feeling you have a beef with EMC, and I'm sorry to hear that. I'm also sorry to (perhaps) disappoint because.. We don't. And I say we because I know for a fact that we never did what we did out of malice. We don't hate EMC, we don't dislike staff.

Our only problem with staff, at this time, is us getting demoted and (personal impression) ridiculed. While all we basically did was more of the same; revealing things which would have an impact on the community.

But seriously.. this is no war.

War happens when you cross the lines of reasoning. Where you stop listening to each other and intend to destroy your adversary. And the last thing we want is being unreasonable. Heck; that's the main thing we're protesting against.

This is no war, no way. I somewhat resent that.

This is a major disagreement at best.

And considering last PM's we got.. I am convinced that we'll work it out.

But no, please, lets not overdo it.
  7. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Nope, that's the 'Internet'.
    607 likes this.
  9. Could u guys keep the thread topic to this here I'm pretty sure shell user doesn't like to see the on slot of spam in her alert bin alrighty?
  10. Just by this alone, this happening AFTER this thread gained all the controversy. I am 90% sure that taxation is going to be a thing. There will be ways around it, and I am sure that those ways around it could get you banned as sad as that is...EMC has changed alot since I first logged on over 1000 days ago, some things changed were bad some where good but EMC still stayed and gained players in the run. Did Matheus make the typo on purpose? Was it all just a giant ruse? I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but surely Aikar is thinking about this for the long run and doesn't want to cause players to leave...
    Im pretty sure that this is the song... Speakers wont work until i restart computer...
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  11. So the time has come way too soon for me to shut down this thread.
    Happy Early April Fool's Day I guess =P

Background story:
    On Monday, ShelLuser and a group of players invited me to a conversation where they were planning to do this. I agreed to play my very minimal part in order to make it seem more real. Things that they wouldn't think of (like the contributor team demotions) made the story believable to most skeptics because staff had indirectly been involved as would usually happen were this real.

However, this thread has gotten out of hand and reached the point where I have to step in and sadly end it early. I'm hoping that it does more than just make you chuckle a little bit at some of the responses. I hope that you can now see how rumors, even a small one starting with a group of people, can grow and become an infestation in the mind of community members. Never make assumptions based on hearsay. If you have a question about something, come straight to me. Only one of you did that, and not until yesterday.

So to sum up:
    No, there isn't a Tax.
    Yes, the Contributor Team demotions were all a ruse to make it more believable.
    Yes, this was supposed to end on April Fool's Day, but SOME people started the post too early out of excitement =P
    Oh and this wasn't the Official April Fool's thing from EMC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.