Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbh....

Ever since Aikar has taken over emc, I feel like it has gone down hill, and its gaining speed. I feel like something definitely smells and I have a good feeling its not your feet....

I wish that some staff members would step in and explain things.... carefully..
  2. PS--- now my posts regarding this mess are being deleted.... this just shows how desperate the staff is getting in order to keep this mess from unraveling more than it has already... this is an absolute low, and pathetic was for emc to operate.
    PlayTehMinecraft likes this.
  3. Dear god people!

Chill out! As someone with an experience with drama, it is useless! It is a shame contributors were demoted, I know this rumor is confusing, but come on! Drama does nothing good. Let the staff clear things up. EMC has become more transparent since Aikar came, and I know for a fact. As someone who has experience with drama, I can vouch for how counterproductive it is.

Do not speculate until a reliable voice speaks.

As someone who lead an anti admin revolution that got several people banned and destroyed a huge chunk of the community, there are no benefits! My actions most likely severely hurt the EMC community. This is a freaking game, the staff are doing their job, and it is nothing to get worked up over.
    M4nic_M1ner, 607, ShelLuser and 5 others like this.
  4. Hah. This, my dear old friend, is hilarious.

"Staff doing their job".. what censoring things, in order to help keep this thing somewhat from spreading more than it has already? Pfft..... I am not trying to start anything I just want an explanation...

This censorship, as I'm sure you can tell has absolutely pissed me off, more than the original discussion of the emc tax. What makes it worse is none of the staff have yet to comment on this thread at all.
  5. All contributors and staff take a vow not to leak anything. They have the right to sensor any leaked info, because in every oath every contributor takes, they agree to those terms.

Non-leaked info censorship is non-existant now. That was something that has virtually vanished.
  6. Yet my post included nothing that had leaked information in it. How funny.
  7. quak
    there
    :)
    FDNY21, 607, boozle628 and 3 others like this.
  8. Care to comment further besides trying to cheer everyone up....
  9. Sorry, but I'd rather not get involved just yet.
    FDNY21 and ScarTheNinja like this.
  10. How come? Waiting for the Calvery to arrive? :p
    M4nic_M1ner and 607 like this.
  11. First: I agree with your earlier comments about "attacking" staff (heavily criticizing). If there is a "fight" to be fought then its our fight (referring to Kephras, FDNY and myself).

Side note: I prefer discussing though, and that's what we're currently doing.

But.. Sorry Olaf, but as a former contributor I never took such a vow. I vowed to keep the wiki & blog up to date and that I'd be a source of knowledge for the players. Of course, being me, I added extra stuff to that and also promised that I'd never abuse or misuse my access to the wiki. That was my own addition.

So technically speaking.. I have to disagree about us taking a vow. We didn't.

I do agree on one thing; we should not let this get out of control. I admit being a little annoyed over the past events, I had a few beers and yeah; then I vent a little.

Still.. Sorry, but I still get a weird feel to all this.
  12. Not completely sure what Calvery means, I'm assuming you mean chivalry.
    If that's so, no, I just don't want to partake in rumors regarding possible new additions to the server.
    However, if this thread takes the wrong turn, staff intervention might be needed.
    On a side note, by the tone of your previous posts, if you are unhappy about our current administration team, you are free to simply leave. :)
    EDIT: Double fail, it's cavarly :I
    Dektirok likes this.
  13. .... but I do think its "revealing" how you're ignoring my posts.

Just saying.

Edit:

No, lets take this one step further: Say Matheus, would you care to share what BK should deny until the public statement?

Why not make that statement now? You're in charge of the contribution team, so surely you know more than us about it.

Edit2:

All within the spirit of open channels and open communication of course. You'd do the community a favor by defusing all this.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  14. Calvery meaning the rest of the staff.....

"By the tone of your previous posts"
    How could you possibly judge the tone of my posts when my posts are simpily text and can be misinterperted.. i just hope this is handled with profesionalism and maturity....

'Unhappy about our current administration team"
    Im not going to lie.... the admin team isnt my favorite and I have valid reasons for that being so, however im not going to leave because of them, as I believe EMC,s community is amazing, as ive met many great people over the last 3 years....
  15. *psst* That would be "cavalry". ;)
  16. It is kind of like signing a contract with Verizon or Comcast. You think you are going to pay x amount of money for x amount of money, but there are a series of complicated fine prints. "If you buy a puppy which grows to be over 150 pounds, or if your current dog weighs more than 150 pounds, you may be subject to a large dog fee". While that is a made up, my point it, by agreeing to being a contributor, you are subject to all the rules by taking the oath. Part of all staff conduct and contributor conduct is keeping our mouths shut when told. It is said in the Welcome to the team threads (paraphrased), and we are instructed to do so elsewhere.

I hope that I am not coming off against you. My ban from EMC was one of the most depressing moments I have experienced in a long time. I know you losing contributor just after gaining it must have been sad, and I understand why you want to vent, but in my personal, I would request the thread to get closed. I think this can lead to drama, as stated earlier. I think after a line, constructive criticism is no longer constructive. We are reaching that line.
  17. God damn it, soldier. We're trying to win a war here, and you're correcting my spelling :p
  18. *quote
    SecureCheese, 607 and boozle628 like this.
  19. *you're
    :p I had to, no hard feelings ;)
  20. ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.