Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Worst April fools ever.
  2. I know, I think this one went too far :p
  3. Nah, I've seen worse.
  4. The moment is gets real it isn't funny.
  5. Wow look at all those sophisticated words and paragraphs/essays? And I'm just here like: I like to read :p
    607, sambish20, Chewsy4 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yes, seriously - let's think this through.

Let's assume that there is an issue, a problem with the EMC economy, or there is a goal that the provider / Starlis / Aikar wants to achieve, where a change in the EMC economy might help.

Any change in the economy very probably means a change in the life of the community. Introducing some simple, blunt tax would be a big change. There is no way to implement such change without the community noticing it, commenting and asking for reasoning and possibly adjustemnt.

A) If the idea about the change is really good: So why not share it and discuss it right away - if you want - to at least have some community participation and get it accepted in advance.

B) If the idea is less than good: Why not put the community to work and collect ideas. Why not to check with the community in advance and avoid "big drama" when presented with a fait accompli? (Which by the way normally nobody likes.)

Any way, it is better to discuss it with the community in advance.

If it was planned as a fools' day joke, then I understand very well that you need to keep it secret by all means :D - in that case Shell did ruin the joke. (The joke did work for me, I had the laugh of the week :))

If it isn't just a joke, then it would be better not to joke too much around but to discuss it starting with the issue. My impression is that people here are rather sensitive when it comes to economy and their (virtual) belongings. :)

True, but it has a community.
    Having a community means having people - mortal humans.
    Having humans around means all kind of fuss. ;)

No obligation whatsoever.
    Just a warm recommendation for the mutual benefit. :)

Oh, I'm just looking after my own interests -
    I like having an as good and as prosperous community to play with as I can get. :)

I'm not trying to slip into the "backseat driver" role.
    I'm just fine at the community side of this relationship.
    EffinBatman and kitten3101 like this.
  7. If this is true and it happens I swear I'm just gonna leave emc.... I don't want it to happen!
  8. Good thing its not true, then.
    TechNinja_42 and Chewsy4 like this.
  9. Oh, don't worry.
    The EMC community is strong enough to make EMC staff resist all kinds of temptations. :)
    kitten3101 and Chewsy4 like this.
  10. Yup...
  11. For the most part of EMC's history, that isn't really true. About a year ago, a few well-known members (myself included) got together and tried to put some change into swing - we were shot down without very good reason (all's we basically got was 'You're wrong, so please don't do this.') and, from the way a certain thread was worded, worked up to be some kind of EMC criminals :p

Then demotions happened (the group being merely an excuse, from my POV...) and stuff changed to how it is now. And its still not perfect, but... its good enough for me :rolleyes:
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  12. I'm being optimistic :)

What was it about? Thread?
  13. Well i asked staff about this and they had no clue what it was about i am 90% sure its a april fools joke and if its not then i am off to another server :p
  14. Even if, don't give up that easily :)
  15. Here's an idea for a Promo:

A "Tax Return" Promo. You right click with it in your hand. It generates a block of "hot" air and gives Cooked Pork to random people on the server. It then takes a percentage of your Rupee balance based on calculations so convoluted most people can't understand them. Once a year you will get part of it back as a Refund.
  16. Some people just want to watch the world burn....
    Chewsy4 and SkareCboi like this.
  17. And the Staff, are those people. :)

edit: If this an April Fools Joke. No seriousness intended.
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  18. Viva la revolution!
    :p
  19. A little pyromania helps a little...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.