Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What? Real life tax is made for a reason.
  2. This is a joke... :D
    How did all of this EMC tax discussion stuff even start? Was it announced in-game?

EDIT: RainbowChin liked this post, so the tax stuff may be a joke!
    RainbowChin likes this.
  3. Anybody else thinking that this could be to control the economy as well as contribute to the prize fund? I mean, I like the idea and all, but a lot of my rupees are going to be flushed if this comes around.
  4. I have a feeling staff are just going to random players saying that they're going to do april fools and they want people to make a rumor on purpose :p
    RainbowChin likes this.
  5. I can't wait to start paying my fair share!
  6. I'm holding a tea party.

We can throw the cocoa beans over the side and protest.

:)
  7. Why would EMC need a tax for? It's not like they need rupees to maintain the server.
  8. Prize fund and also to control the economy. If EMC just poured artificial (so to speak) rupees and items into the system then things may start to go downhill, like in Germany in the 1920s with the Depression due to Germany printing tons of cash to pay off debts and ended up making the money worthless. EMC doesn't want the money worthless, in fact, EMC wants the value of the rupee to go up.
    Mayoman100, 607 and AmusedStew like this.
  9. Because of reasons I prefer to keep to myself for now I'm pulling out of this discussion for today to carefully think about my next moves.

I know what I did, I'm not going to make drama of it (I also won't apologize for it), but I am a bit disappointed in the way things turned out right now.

Sincerely, Peter
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  10. just my opinion. if it is to sponsor events and such why not make a buy in system to attend certain events? :D
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  11. huh
  12. Ill just quit this server if I have to pay a tax for everything I buy/sell or do. First Dragon Tombs taking ages to come out, now we're gonna have taxes. Smh....
    MattieTheSpud, FR_S, Xinn and 5 others like this.
  13. Oh yeah, I know, perhaps I should've worded that differently. I mean they aren't doing this just to imitate real life: it has a purpose, other than being realistic.
  14. The tax rate should be around .01%. There are about ~2,000,000,000 rupees in existence on EMC (I think) and .01% of that is 200,000r.
  15. Uh.. I swear you are GAINING rupees... xD
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. The rupee log goes from bottom to top. ;)
    SecureCheese, battmeghs, 607 and 3 others like this.
  17. I never knew that... xD Although I haven't really used it for 2 years or so...
  18. Well this is great... Happy early April's Fools!
    battmeghs and RainbowChin like this.
  19. doesn't seem very fair to me
    D:
    battmeghs and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.