Is EMC asking us to pay rupee tax next week? (closed)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 27, 2015.

?

Would you be ok with a 8% yearly EMC tax?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2015.
Yes 13 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't know 6 vote(s) 5.3%
No 68 vote(s) 60.2%
I like ponies! 20 vote(s) 17.7%
Other (please comment below) 6 vote(s) 5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silly idea and we should not be made to give up our money that worked hard for. In real life money pays for things like school, police, hospitals, etc. This is a video game. There's no road work needed, there's no school being underfunded.. There are no fees that a pretend number on a screen can fix lol. I see a ton of events that go on with a lot of donations so it's not like people aren't giving back. And as others have said, it doesn't seem fair to pay for an event that you don't intend on going to. (And using real life comparisons to a video game is also silly lol) It costs nothing to make a special promo item or a special event item so this is just taking money from all to do what? Sit somewhere else in someone else's profile? I hope this is a joke because I don't see any reason at all for a tax.

I think many would.
    technologygeek and southpark347 like this.
  2. I think you should never leave so quickly. If this is going to be implemented, I'd wait a few weeks, to see how it plays out, and then consider again. Maybe it isn't so bad, after all.
    I mean, many people thought EMC was going to collapse when ICC was demoted, and some left, but EMC is still alive and shining, months later.
  3. Little different though lol This is taking money from people for what?
  4. i dont care if they make us do taxes. People will find a loophole around having to pay a lot, just like people find loopholes in the rules.
  5. Super easy to do. Just put all your money into items.
    Bro_im_infinite and 607 like this.
  6. thats what i was thinking, if it is a set time every week/month/year or whatever for the taxes, just right before buy a ton if items you might need so you lose less money
  7. I haven't read above responses forgive if answered,
    Guys, governments require tax to pay people to fix roads build schools etc. Aikar has infinite money for this and there aren't any roads to fix or schools to build....
    ThaKloned likes this.
  8. Governments could print money to pay to do all of this but if they did, the value of money would go down. Tax means that the value of money stays the same or maybe even rises.
  9. True, xD Why would I forget this.
  10. But this is a game. There is nothing real here that needs a colorful number to keep working.
  11. We still have an economy. You know, Aikar has always said about raising the value of the rupee. Maybe this is it.
  12. You know the way we're (one day) getting a 'Dystopia' and a 'Games Server'? Why not a 'Government Server'?

On the server, players would elect a set number of people via a plugin, who would:
    • Determine the amount of rupees distributed through faucets, and how much should be reserved for government use. Will the government seek to encourage personal freedom as in the SMP servers, or become more authoritarian and monopolise the money supply, seeking to become a leading faction in the game?
    • Exercise land powers; the ability to convert a certain section into a grid of 80x80 residences, making areas free for any user to claim (as in Town) or restricted from claiming (as in the Wastelands), deciding how much control players get over their own residence. Will the government make the whole world into a Town grid, or keep it a vanilla Minecraft world? Will people be able to make actual settlements, or be confined to the grid?
    • Decide how reserved money should be used. Will the government use it to create an 'official' city? Will it be used for events supporting player activities?
    • Decide certain 'laws' on gameplay activities like PvP, griefing, raiding and stealing. A player government would not, however, be able to allow swearing, harassment, spamming, posting inappropriate content, or discrimination.
    • Decide whether people have broken the player-set law or not. To decide the action, a government member would be able to propose a ban length to the rest of the government, and if the proposition received a majority of votes for it, it would take effect. The government would also be able to appoint Stewards to kick people and ban them for limited periods of time while they apply a more permanent punishment.
    Thoughts? I know EMC works in Valve Time, so maybe around the time I end sectarianism in Northern Ireland in 30 years time, I might actually see this idea become a reality.
    jkrmnj, southpark347 and 607 like this.
  13. This game only gets more complicated :(
  14. Another great idea!
    But, Valve Time? Aikar Time is of a higher tier! ;)
  15. Before anyone makes any drastic decisions regarding whether or not they play on the Empire, wait until it gets implemented. 'Cause Chin's sneaky and giving hints. :P #EarlyAprilFoolsHype
    72Volt and 607 like this.
  16. No Dystopia will be needed. It will turn to hell quickly enough this.
    Most people here don't know much about politics. This place WOULD be Dystopia.
  17. This idea is also why I loved my little Neore plans back when I pranced about with the GR.

I've found a loophole here though.
    We could buy diamonds using our money, then sell certain amounts of diamonds whenever we needed money.

This idea would remove players quite quickly also. Who would stay when they learn that their small fortune of 3k rupees could be turned to dust immediately?
  18. Is there actually ANY proof that this is actually happening, or just player rumours? If my time as a mod taught me anything, its that rumours are nearly always wrong.

Although if this does get added then its up there with the stupidest features ever.
  19. It better be a April Fools pre-joke. Otherwise yeah, this will be up there with EMC's dumbest ideas ever.
  20. It obviously isn't going to be added guys, don't be silly. Aikar's smarter than that.
    M4nic_M1ner, Pab10S and PenguinDJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.