Hot Chocolate !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Do like Hot Chocolate ?

Yes 38 vote(s) 54.3%
No 7 vote(s) 10.0%
I have allergies to chocolate 1 vote(s) 1.4%
I'm a Cocoa addict... 11 vote(s) 15.7%
Ho Ho Ho, my favorite 13 vote(s) 18.6%
  1. Hot chocolate is my favorite drink! I love mine with marshmallows, whipped topping, and crushed candy cane!
    Nickblockmaster and AncientTower like this.
  2. Nashville?
    It ain't just Midwest, we have it here in the mid-Atlantic.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. 1: no, chicago
    2: i just wanna feel special aaaah
  4. At the coffee machine at our school, the cocoa for the hot chocolate ran out. The drink it produced looked quite nasty... :p It was white/grey, and it didn't smell very good. :rolleyes:
  5. I was so thirsty for some Hot Chocolate that I made a giant 30oz worth last night...
  6. relatable
  7. November 1st, break out the Hot Chocolate.

8. I make the hot chocolate with a packet, put melted chocolate in that, then mix in some chocolate syrup.

(I may like chocolate to much)
  9. Mocha version of hot cocoa for me: a cup of *strong* coffee, a quarter of that amount as warm milk that has had swiss miss mixed into it, and a bit of nesquick choco milk powder mixed in and drizzled on top of whipped cream.
    Normal? The above, minus the coffee. xD
  10. Ha! I absolutely love this thread dedication to the subject matter! XD

You're getting way ahead of the season man, I try to preserve my Polar Express madness until December, but because you brought it up now...

I love hot chocolate! I don't care much for those that load it up with a truckload of sugar though, it ruins the drink for me... If I try to make hot chocolate, I would probably use packets of chocolate powder, but I would be very very selective. In America, everything has sugar or salt in it, and I would prefer the least amount in mine...

But that's just me, I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about your own preferences of the drink! :D
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and AncientTower like this.
  11. Forgot about this beautiful thread! But muahaha I've been drinking it year round again >:)
  12. This summer while cycling through the beautiful Czech Republic me and my dad went to a supermarket to buy some bread and other food. After buying some delicious stuff we left the store again and saw a warm drinks machine. It looked cool, so we checked what it had to offer, and it being the Czech Republic means everything is cheap too. It had more than 10 types of coffee, but also three types of chocolate milk like stuff: regular chocolate milk, caramel milk and vanille milk. It was only 60 cents (0.68$) a piece and the caramel milk intrigued us so we bought one hot chocolate milk and one hot caramel milk. Cool machine, was fun watching it make it. :) It was really hot so I had to wait a while until I could drink it (I physically can't drink very hot drinks), but when I could drink it it was oh so good. The chocolate milk was good, but the caramel milk was absolutely delicious. It wasn't too strong nor too soft, and just extremely yummy. If I can ever get that again I definitely won't hesitate. :)
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and AncientTower like this.
  13. Cool story, thanks! :)
  14. heh, me back when I didn't use arial.
  15. It looked better then to be honest. :p
  16. I personally prefer sans, despite serifs being "easier to read" for most people. It's easier for me to read sans.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  17. Yeah I almost always prefer serifs, that should be it. :p

EDIT: anyways, chocolate milk. I just had some after being in the not as cold as usual at this time of the year (at a speciel yearly event) outside for not as long as I expected (:p), yummy. :D

18. Did you make this recipe? LEAVE A REVIEW »

YIELD: 7 PINTS
    HOMEMADE CANDY CANE HOT COCOA MIX

PREP: 20 MINUTES
    TOTAL: 20 MINUTES

Dark AND white chocolates plus crushed candy canes make this a decadent, festive hot cocoa mix. Gift a jar with a big bundle of candy canes. ‘Tis the season!
    INGREDIENTS:

• 5 cups Dutch process cocoa powder
    • 3 cups granulated sugar
    • 1/3 cup cornstarch
    • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
    • 4 (3.5-ounce) dark chocolate bars (I use Lindt 90% cacao midnight dark chocolate)
    • 4 (3.5 ounce) white chocolate bars (I used Lindt white chocolate bars)
    • 15-20 candy canes
    DIRECTIONS:

Report this ad

1. Put the chocolate bars in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will help you grind them in the food processor without the chocolate melting.
    2. In a very large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and kosher salt.
    3. Break the dark chocolate and white chocolate bars into the food processor and pulse until the chocolate is ground into small crumb-size bits. Add to the cocoa powder mixture.
    4. Break the candy canes into pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse until they are ground. Add to the cocoa powder mixture and chocolate.
    5. Stir everything together, then add to the food processor in batches and grind until the mixture is a fine powder consistency.
    6. Add to mason jars and gift away!
    7. To make the cocoa, add two heaping tablespoons cocoa mix to one cup (8 ounces) warm milk and add a candy cane stir stick.
    Nickblockmaster and SkeleTin007 like this.
  19. I was drinking hot chocolate the other day and thought "this is nothing special". I'll drink it but it just doesn't have that unique, or nice, of a taste to me.

Thank God I saw this thread and my old post because I forgot about the minty hot chocolate and now I'm gonna buy some when I find it. That stuff is revolutionary. Can't have mint flavoured black tea to add extra zing to the taste, but you can with hot chocolate.

Although to be fair actually I had some McDonald's chocolate flavoured mocha the other day. That was fit. It counts as hot chocolate, right?