Hot Chocolate !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Do like Hot Chocolate ?

Yes 38 vote(s) 54.3%
No 7 vote(s) 10.0%
I have allergies to chocolate 1 vote(s) 1.4%
I'm a Cocoa addict... 11 vote(s) 15.7%
Ho Ho Ho, my favorite 13 vote(s) 18.6%
  1. Don't ask me why but I like the wig. :p

Nickblockmaster likes this.
  2. Hot Chocolate is the best! It sends me back to being the in the Scouts in the cold sitting around a campfire with hot chocolate, I mean it was cheap and wasn't the best but still brings back memories :p
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and AncientTower like this.
  3. I love hot chocolate, but only during the winter. Makes me feel dirty to drink it at any other time.

Nothing better than getting out from a long day of school, spending 30 minutes walking home in the freezing cold, and getting home to hot chocolate. It's usually one of the only things I have to look forward to during the winter, given how my mood decides to kill itself when I live in 24 hours of no sunlight and cold (I live in the absolute worst place to have SAD lol).

I often do the same with tea, but it's just not the same, man. Plus, I drink tea in the summer. And for the past two years running, I've sunbathed in my back garden on the hottest day of the year while drinking multiple hot cups of tea. It's just a normal thing to me. Tea is a pleb drink.

The only downside is that it's not caffeinated.

Hot chocolate is way better with mint in it tho

minty hot chocolate with marshmellows and whipped cream = peng ting
  4. zen, french style :

A long long time ago, I'd come back from school and get the Nesquick or Van Hounten chocolate powder, put a lot more than needed in a bowl, got the cold milk out, and a spoon.
    This chocolate powder wouldn't mix well, it was very fine-grained and would make little clumps or would stick to the bowl rather than mix with the cold milk. So i'd pour just a little amount of milk, then stir and stir, to get at first a paste, then as I very gradually added milk and stirred, a perfectly very-well-stirred-foamy chocolate.

Then I'd butter myself slowly the two halves of half a baguette of crusty bread.
    But buttered bread doesn't soak cold milk as well as it does hot milk, so I'd pour the foamy chocolate in a saucepan, put it on the gas-cooktop, and heat it till it was starting to steam.
    By that time, the butter would have just melted enough to make the perfect "tartine" with the bread it was spread on.

Then I'd pour the hot foamy chocolate back in the bowl, sit at the old kitchen table on the straw-cushioned chair, and dip my tartines in the chocolate and savour the moment.
  5. A lovely post! I haven't ever seen that way and extent of using links before, at least not in a forum post! :)
  6. Homemade 4363 Family Hot Chocolate:
    1. get milk, put in microwave for approx. 30 sec
    2. dump packet of Swiss Miss (or whatever it's called)
    3. microwave for another 2:30m.
    4. dump marshmallows in
    5. get chips and queso
    6. have the best dinner ever of chocolate milk and chips w/ queso
    Nickblockmaster and AncientTower like this.
  7. I just found out mixing hot chocolate with coffee is a very good idea.
  8. Thanks for reminding me of hot chocolate. Brb need to make some
  9. If you don't make your Hot Chocolate from scratch and have a Keurig do you use these?
  10. Coco is lyfe, if I could afford it i would drink it more than water! 365 days a year!
    I usually use packets, unless I order it from a restaurant or Starbucks :p (btw if you go to Starbucks try their "Zebra Hot Chocolate")

^-^

Edit : I also mostly use water to mix in the packets, due to my parents not letting me use milk most of the time ;-;
  11. So costly to buy keurig stuff lol. It's like 2$ a pod in Canada
  12. $2 for a single pod? dang
  13. That's cool, thanks for sharing! :)
  14. I do like hot chocolate but, my younger brother loves it so I only get one or two mugs a week :(
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  15. I don't know what I like more, hot chocolate, or the fact that there is an entire thread dedicated to hot chocolate

My family isn't that into baking or making food so we don't usually have home made hot chocolate, but the best I've had were at both Bob Evans (midwest chain restaurant) and Baker's Square (my city's mini-chain restaurant)