Hot Chocolate !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Do like Hot Chocolate ?

Yes 38 vote(s) 54.3%
No 7 vote(s) 10.0%
I have allergies to chocolate 1 vote(s) 1.4%
I'm a Cocoa addict... 11 vote(s) 15.7%
Ho Ho Ho, my favorite 13 vote(s) 18.6%
  1. Lets Talk
    Hot Chocolate!!
    How do you make yours?

Do you make it from scratch?
    Do you use pre-made packets?

Me, myself, and I want to know not to mention the readers.

So it's beginning to be that time of year where the weather gets colder and the drinks need to be a bit hotter. So share with us your tips and tricks for making the best Hot Chocolate out there. Do you drink it year round or just during a specific holiday season.

SkeleTin007, weeh, liamwill and 13 others like this.
  2. Honestly I don't enjoy hot chocolate unless it's from a cafe, or at least I don't enjoy the type we've ever had. I love chocolate milk though
    Nickblockmaster and AncientTower like this.
  3. Hot Chocolate for the win ;)
  4. I drink it 7 days a week before I go to bed which may sound childish but it really helps me to sleep better. It's definitely nicer when the weather is cold though :)
  5. Nothing like hot chocolate. I drink some when I get home most days, great way to warm yourself up from the cold air outside.
  6. You gotta have good hot chocolate, or might as well not have any at all :p
  7. gotta love hot chocolate. there's a small timeframe when you get back inside from the cold, where you're not too exhausted, and not too room-temperature, when hot chocolate is perfect.
    mrw
  8. I like hot chocolate, especially when I've been out in the cold for a while!
    It warms up my hands and face <3
    I usually just use pre-made packets and add tiny marshmallows if it didn't come with any!
    Even though chocolate makes me feel sick it's still yummy lol
  9. I don't know what I just witnessed there but know I will never get that sound he kept making out of my head. Nor will I be eating ice cream and not ever not remembering back to this.
  10. I know that I'm very attractive, but a thread to say that I'm hot was really not necessary. :p
  11. Found this on the web I make mine with most of this minus the fudge pudding and the extra premium powder.

Nickblockmaster and kaptrix like this.
  12. We buy the packets, but I prefer to use milk instead of water. I don’t understand people that use water. I don’t drink it that often, usually closer to Christmas or if we go to some kind of outside event like a football game or parade.
    Nickblockmaster, AncientTower and 607 like this.
  13. Well like my homemade recipe already has powdered milk in the mix. So Just adding water makes it taste how it should. Though adding milk to it does make the recipe a bit creamier. Also water is faster to heat up than the milk.
    Nickblockmaster and kaptrix like this.
  14. This is like Nesquick, right?
    My sister used to really like it, and I think my mother, too. I haven't seen it in a while, but today the girl next to me was having hot chocomel, which I guess is hot chocolate too.
  15. We usually just buy a large can of the Swiss Miss hot chocolate powder and make it to taste. Other than that, I might buy one from Tim Hortons occasionally (closest we have to a 'cafe' around here :rolleyes:).

Cost. Growing up, our grocery budget was always tight, so we were limited to what we could and could not have. For example, we could buy some hot chocolate powder, but we couldn't afford to use milk in them too, so we used water. Now, I usually use a mixture of water and milk, mostly out of habit. (Plus, when you grow up 'pinching pennies,' it's hard to grow out of that mentality :p)
  16. Kind of but Hot Chocolate whether pre-packaged or homemade is going to be made up of multiple ingredients one of which is the chocolate powder, (any brand) with powdered milk, creamer and sugar. Those are the four basic ingredients while other recipes can have more added but Hot Chocolate to be Hot Chocolate must use the four basics.

At least that's is what I consider to Hot Chocolate.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  17. So with it snowing in Ohio today I had to mix up a new batch of the creamiest hot cocoa mix ever... Top that with some whipped cream and add shaved chocolate to that.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  18. I love the Canned Rolo Hot Chocolate. I usually buy that by the can as I find some of the other ones are too dark chocolate or have flavors i dont like such as Mint.

I also tend to buy White Hot Chocolate at Tim Hortens, as i find it hard to find at places.

Although I only buy hot chocolate in the winter, I do have odd ones when its cold in summer (Some days in the summer drop to 4c at night).

Finch
  19. Step 1: Get chocolate milk
    Step 2: Stick it in the microwave
    Now you have hot chocolate :p
  20. Mexican Hot Chocolate, found this on the web.

Nickblockmaster likes this.