Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zbid, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Hi everyone! I've been searching for a friendly server for a time now, and EMC has very good vibes, so I decided to give it a try.

I've been playing MC for a long time, and never get tired of it. I am not a PVP guy, not with MC anyway. I like to build, develop big project, and especially like to collab. And I don't mind grinding, if the project is worth it.

I've been allocated a plot on server 9. I decided to go straight for the wild and find a spot to create something : I found a mooshroom biome, and it is glorious! Amplified terrain probably, huge cliffs, nooks and crannies... I'd like to keep the feel of it, so I'm not going to get rid of the mycelium, rather integrate the build in it.
    I'm thinking old stone/gravel/earth, that got overtaken back by the mycelium. The challenge will be the green... vines? lilly pads? carefully isolated patches of green? Ooooh that's going to be fun!
    So if you're interested with the project, please pm me! I'd gladly collab!
    ShelLuser, SkareCboi, mjnoe70 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ha, cool! Welcome to the Empire! :D
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of the project you're envisioning, perhaps you could start a thread about it on these forums! :)
    I doubt there's any amplified terrain on EMC... but Minecraft terrain can sometimes get pretty 'capricious' anyway. ;)
    Sazukemono and AncientTower like this.
  3. First, welcome to the EMC family! Second, If you need anything please don't hesitate to find me in game, or send me a pm here on the forums - my inbox is always open. Lastly, your project sounds awesome! I really enjoy organic builds :) GLHF!
    AncientTower and 607 like this.
  4. Welcome to EMC TheBidule!

If you really like frontier and having a big outpost, please check the rules on this thread. You can build anywhere but I highly recommend getting way out and having a big area all to yourself. Make sure you ask us anything, we don't bite!
    Sazukemono, AncientTower and Jelle68 like this.
  5. Welcome to the Empire minecraft, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)
    Also, I'd love to see some sceenshots of builds you did in the past, I always like to see what other people do. Partly becuase I can learn even more from it, partly becuase I just like to see what other people do :)
    Sazukemono, AncientTower and 607 like this.
  6. Welcome to the Empire. I do try and let people now before they venture out. However seems like you've got a sweet island to call your base. Back to what I normally say, I usually try to make it a point to have a base or outpost that is on another smp then the one my residence is on. Though it isn't always avoidable I like it for my own convenience.
    Another is you should look at our Anti-Grief wiki page. It's chalk full of helpful info including commands like /buildmode so that people can't break what you've built. Another helpful page is our policy on Establishing an Outpost spoilers but to make it an official outpost. You need to be 5k blcks from the EMC spawns and 3k blocks from any build or other outpost. Don't worry!! The only reason people like to have established outposts is soother people can not build near them without their permission. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in game or on the forums.
  7. Thank you all for your replies!

And well, so much for me for not reading all the relevant info before jumping in... but I had the urge to go build something, so... Also, thank you all for redirecting me to it, I've read all the pages and took due note of the anti-grief rules and measures and of the building protection commands.

I picked a place that was too near an EMC spawn, alas :(. So it won't be an official outpost, but that's fine by me. I'll establish one if the need arises, veeeeeeryyyyy far from anything remotely looking like a griefers' nest :D .

The place I found is an island, I have seen nothing like a base near it, apart one on another rather distant island, and I guess the ocean forms a natural border, there. As you can't see one island from the other, and have to make a long journey by boat to get to it, I don't think we would have any impact on each other's build.

@Jelle68 :
    I'm very bad at showcasing my builds, and usually don't take screenshots of them, but you had me thinking : why not show some of them here!:oops:
    So, I spent some time running around archived worlds and realms, and took pictures. Thank you for the suggestion, I now have something to show, if anyone is interested that is. I will do that as soon as I get how to post a picture. Do I have to host it on an external server or does this forum have a hosting place?

------------------

EDIT (a few hours later...) : there you go!
    I created an album with pictures of some of my builds. Any comments appreciated of course, and don't hesitate to be harsh. I can take it.
    l'album : https://ibb.co/album/da8MFa
    ShelLuser, Sazukemono, 607 and 5 others like this.
  8. That actually is really good :)
    I mainly like the Japanise style, I am trrying myself on getting that right, but it never really works out... I also really like the fact that you (seem to) try to do landscaping, most people that build a lot just do the exteriour and think they're done, I myself manly am a landscaper, so it's always nice to see someone respect the landscaping aswell :)
    Only, I suggest not to use as much vanilla trees, I myself never use them, but I understand that some people don't have the time to do that, but I think it can make a build look so much better if there is just a few costum trees around the building, it can improve it a such enourmous amount, just the few trees in the garden and maybe one of them next to the front door of a building and it looks so much more natural...

Also, if you were wondering, this is the way I build:

As you can see, quite a lot more costum trees and landscaping, but that might also becuase my floods of spare time... But, my general extiriours aren't better as yours, they really aren't :p
    607 and TuckerAmbr like this.
  9. It definitely has a good vibe and the whole no resets in the wild means once you do build something grand it will live on. Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll help if I can or try to get you pointed in the correct direction. Have fun!
    607 likes this.
  10. Welcome to EMC, You seem like someone who likes building more than anything, And i know you will fit in as there are many people like that on emc. Some build intown, some out of the town world, and others in both areas.

Also, feel free to check the outpost section, there are many outposts that you can join and then if you want, later can branch off.

I myself am looking for members for my outpost. Its a 100% build outpost. If you are interested in it;
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/official-kurashiki-city-outpost.71389/#post-1315802

I reside on smp6 for if you have any questions and I am usually online. Although if i am away, wait 5-10 mins as i am prob doing something on other screen when you message.

Also the Wiki;
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/index/
    Will help you so much as it will help you with any commands or even survival questions you might have. Its a quick and easy place to find stuff if you are unable to obtain a question ingame.

~Finch

P.S.
    Wrote that after just getting up, so sorry if it sounds a bit all over. haha
  11. hi everyone!

@Finch
    thanks for the proposal, I'll think about it! But I guess joining now would mean dropping my actual project, which has just started, and that I'd love to lead to term... although that might take quite a long time, given all I have in mind :)
    Do you think it would be possible for me to help sometimes, to take short brakes from all the mycelium purpleness?

@mjnoe
    thanks for the potential help, I might just call for it quite soon. Shoo me out if I become too much of a nuisance :D

@Jelle
    nice shaders! And a grand manor! You're absolutely right about those custom trees, it gives a landscape so much more of a realistic feel. I will eventually come to do some, but I still am not sure how to proceed, i never tried them from fear of botching it all. But I will try! (but maybe not on a mycelium island :confused:)
    607 likes this.
  12. Welcome to the Empire then :)

EMC is most definitely Friendly friendly :D In fact, it's one of a kind. The only (public) server I actively play on and although that by itself may not mean too much it does have a very solid reasoning behind it.

Then on first impression I think EMC will really fit you.

See; it's "vanilla+". In town you have a lot of "luxury" such as being able to teleport to other players residences, full protection (no one can touch your stuff, not even mess with your animals!), but it'll be back to basics where it counts...

Once you go into the wastelands or frontier (reminds me... <jots down a todo for the weekend>... there we go :p) then you'll notice that it's rougher. No more teleporting, no more chatting (unless with those around you OR in group chat) but you'll still have some advantages (such as a working compass).

It'll be different but trust me: if you seriously enjoy vanilla Minecraft then you're going to love this ride :cool:

Do be careful... Wild as in Frontier or Waste? See: the waste is the mining world and that will reset eventually, but the Frontier is the place to go; it will never reset. So you're good.

I assume the latter, but some players tend to call anything outside town "wild" so yeah ;)

Even so... I do hope you're going to have an awesome time here. EMC is special, a very special server with a ditto community.

Alas; you may see me around on SMP9 but that'll be it :p On SMP9 (awesome server in my opinion) I'm waaaaay out in the Frontier. So won't easily make my way back to town, though the building of a nether tunnel does sit on my todo list ;)
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  13. Yes, The outpost is not a full time thing, You can switch between projects. I myself work on the outpost when i dont feel like working on my town projects, and then even more when I am free and have time. :)
  14. 1, Thank you very much, I always like to see someone trying trees, if you need any help, you know where to go :)
    2, non quaeranda ratio, quorum non ratio est! It's late for me currently, but Doesn't that mean "He who doesn't look for wishdom/(whatever you want to translate "Ratio" with, it has so many meanings...), For who there is no wisdom/who has no wishdom" You might actually see my signature is Latin too, but I think that one is a little bit easyer :p I really much like it though, as it mainly comes from me doing filosofie at school, not from my terreble Latin (It's better as Frensh/German though, for those who know the Dutch schooling system)

Also, did Shelly out-essay me again? really, I have to work on my new-player-essays thay can be ways longer, I'm sure :p
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  15. Hi everyone, and gooooooood morning EMC!

@ShelLuser
    thanks for the links and counsels! I think I'm in the frontiers, but I'll have to double check... so much I don't know yet, it's always exciting to start something new!

@Finch
    then I'll gladly help, just tell me how!

@Jelle
    the meaning of my signature is, hmmm... : do not search for a reason, for reason is not involved (it is not relevant to reason). And should be in full : "non (est) quaeranda ratio (eorum) quorum non est ratio.":)
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  16. Oh, hey, this caught my interest. ;) Do you know Latin?
  17. Welcome to EMC! If you need anything just ask:)
  18. hi everyone!

@607 : I knew latin... I forgot a looooot of it, alas. But I know a very nice method that you can check if you want to learn, relearn or practice with!
    It is fully in latin, starting from the beginning and treating it as a live language. There are even mp3 and exercises.
    the name is "lingua latina per se", the author is Hans H. Orberg.
    607 likes this.
  19. Ah, that's interesting! :)
    I published a story written in Latin recently, and I've also got Dutch and English translations online. ^.^
    I made a thread about it in the Writer's Corner.