Operatio Ovis/Operatie Schaap/Operation Sheep

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by 607, Aug 23, 2017.

?

Which of these languages do you know?

Latin. 4 vote(s) 40.0%
Dutch. 1 vote(s) 10.0%
English. 10 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Finally. I finally completed writing this story.
    About a year has passed since I first started working on this.
    I won't write out all the details of the process here, as I don't think too many of you would be interested, and I already wrote about it in a detailed manner on Facebook.

I hope you will read my story, about the war between the Sheep and the Crows, fought three years ago, near the home of a friend of mine.
    Its original language is Latin: if you know Latin, I recommend trying to read that version first. If there's something you don't get, it might be helpful to look it up in the Dutch or English version. In both the Latin and the English versions I had to make up some words and names, that didn't yet exist.
    In case you don't know Latin: the Dutch and English translations are fine as well, although these languages lack a bit of depth.
    If you know all three: yay, you! :D

Anyway, I wish you luck reading this story, and I hope you'll have fun doing so.
    Here it is!
  2. yay me :)

Didn't read it jet, but will sure do :)
    607 likes this.
  3. I got reminded of this when I learnt about Sadie_dog knowing Latin... I figured I'd bump it, as it's nearing the bottom of the first page of the Writer's Corner. ;)
    I reread the story in a quick manner this evening, and I was expecting to be disappointed by it being short or simple... but I was surprised to find the story better than I remembered it. :p
  4. Hmm... This reminds me. I'd better post my few short stories here. but... effort... ehhh