Happy I-Day! Liberty Swords & More!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 4, 2016.

1. The server doesn't know what text is on the sign until they finish editing the sign. I was suggesting it at this point:

As for the other suggestion. I know there would be complaints if we warned them after every time they opened up the shop preview for these shops. :/
    607, Sachrock and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Gotcha. Well, this sounds like a very useful setup to me.

The only caveat I can come up with: what if players already use the status bar? For example: I have all my join/parts going there, so if players would be joining/parting while I was setting it up then there might be a chance that my warning gets caught somewhere in between.

Which is also why I was wondering if a (forced) chat warning wouldn't be more effective?

Other than that I can definitely see this working. And I agree: a warning is needed, esp. when players aren't fully familiar with the new shop signs yet.
    Patr1cV likes this.
  3. I believe action bar messages are queued. So that all messages are displayed at some point. Besides. they shouldn't be switching residences while finishing creating a shop?
    607 likes this.
  4. Nah, I'm talking about server join/part messages. Or better put: status message location, that's set to action bar for me. And I notice that I sometimes seem to 'miss' messages. They're probably shown at some point but I didn't notice them at all (these are usually join/parts).
    Patr1cV likes this.
  5. If it was only for the owner of the shop, they probably won't be opening up the shop preview at most points. Usually, everyone I know at least, will open the chest to check stock, and doesn't need to click the sign to check their prices. So, the only people that click on the signs are usually customers, until the res owner wants to break the sign, which is when the message could pop up.

I know it's not the 100% perfect solution, I'm trying to think of something else but that's all I've got I'm afraid >_> It's the option to me that sounds like the message would occur at the right time only for when a res owner is most likely to want to break the sign, but I'll let you know if I think of anything else :)
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  6. Have the message show up only once, or once per session.
  7. There is something wrong with the automatic item stacking thing. :confused:

8. Fix this plez
    UltiPig and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Yeah, I agree. It's even more odd that no one replied to these and just skimmed past them as if they were absolutely normal.
    JohnKid, Slvr, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  10. *coughs* ~post is from 3 days ago, and I welcome the many replies ... /s~ *cough*