Happy I-Day! Liberty Swords & More!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Sorry, but I am confused by your criticism.
    If the slot sign is BUY only. It is converted to a choose sign. Mechanics are actually exactly the same, so I must assume you are not talking about that.

If the shop includes a SELL amount. It was converted to the # set shops. (by clicking to set the item). Still maintaining functionality...
    Blondekid42 likes this.
  2. Right, but in my case I created a shop the same way that I had done just 2 days prior, and ended up with no shop because I couldn't figure out how to use the new system within 30 minutes and had to leave.

It is a buy/sell for one single item. I'm still not sure how to create it at the moment, other than to type out a long string of letters and numbers. I've already spent enough time on this, so that's how I'll have to do it until I have more time to spend figuring it out.
    UltiPig and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Type a # on the bottom line. Then, with the item in your hand, left click on the sign. It auto assigns the data necessary, making selling those Mineral Mincers, etc a breeze. It even adds the promo name in pretty colors for you.

I understand that you are not a big supporter of this change. I, at first, was confused until I played with it more. The # sign item designation feature is by far one of my favorite things to be added to the Empire. The choose sign is a slot sign, but with the ability to view the item in a chest (with lore etc) before purchasing, without having to add bulky preview signs everywhere. If you type choose 16, it's the same as typing slot 16, but the syntax just changed a bit in order to allow added functionality that the term slot really wouldn't have worked for. Syntax for other things, such as setting your res perms, etc have also changed. This will take a little time to get used to, but you'll be subconsciously writing 'choose' instead of slot in no time.

All of these shop updates are making it possible to do more things with your shops with less hardware and that adds more flexibility for shop owners. We've come a long way since you had to build your shop lobbies on a top level of a skyscraper and drop through holes to get to different floors. I can't wait to see what comes next!
    ShelLuser and Blondekid42 like this.
  4. with slot signs, you could only purchase 1 single item from a player anyways.
    say you had [slot 1] with for : 12K S for a Meteor Bow.

You can only buy that 1 meteor bow from players.

Now, that sign converts to "Meteor Bow" on last line, and will continue buying meteor bows from other players.

This is a 100% equal transition.

For buying, if you kept the chest stocked, you would normally still only sell 1 item type in your slot sign.
    As this converts to a [choose] sign, this still remains the same! If you want to only sell 1 item ,it is recommended to change it to a # based sign.

Now, previously we were going to convert all [slot] to # based signs, but then that created a problem for hopper based setups where the first slot is refilled after it is purchased, enabling selling for example, multiple horse eggs.

[choose] signs provide option to replace that system, as well as provide many more systems.

Everything doable before, is still doable now, plus more. But selling to a choose shop will come in the future too, which is a concept that wasn't even possible before (having 1 sign purchase multiple different items from players)

Our goal of this update was not to make it so everyone can understand it in their first 15 mins of logging in without reading guides/instructions, our goal was to provide a system that provides the capability to do everything before, plus more.

Learning curves will always exists on EMC.
  5. hey, Aikar, no Canada Day Promo? We feel left out in the land of the moose and Mounties over here (those are both stereotypes, I've seen one mounty and zero moose in my life)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. I was wondering: I noticed that when players get the confirmation message (using CHOOSE signs or customized shop signs) then they don't have any cancellation options. They can click the sign to confirm their purchase, but what to do when they want to cancel and get another item instead?

Would it be possible (or feasible, not sure here) to left click for ok, and right click for cancel?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. I had this yesterday evening at your res indeed, I had to relog/quickly go to another server and back :p
  8. Hmm. Interesting. Will explore options in this regard. I have a nice idea on it
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. I want to know why the 'confirm' thing even exists :confused:. Makes buying bulk items (especially from sellers who only offer in stacks of single at a time) much more difficult. I had to buy 48 cow eggs from azoundria 2 days ago and...

Its a 2 click process now, for an item I am already sure that I want and am fully willing to purchase (even purchased another just for those pics :p).

Now, I can fully understand that you want the player to be sure that they want this item for the price they are buying it for. However, when it becomes this complicated where buying say a DC of Iron Blocks 64 at a time (b/c I totally didnt do that a couple days ago...) becomes a 108 click process rather than 54 is just plain annoying.

Not sure if this is feasible or not, but can we get a way to turn off the "warning" message to only click once in player settings or something?
    UltiPig and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Hey, not sure if this is a bug or not, but...
    the Liberty Sword does practically no damage. Minus the Fire Aspect damage, it takes 3 critical hits to kill a mooshroom with it. If my knowledge on swords is correct, shouldn't a single critical hit with a diamond sword with Sharpness III kill a mooshroom in one hit?

Just wondering what's up with that...
  11. Yay!! I'm excited to get home to collect these goodies. Hopefully this will last through Saturday. Thanks guys!
  12. I think it's only supposed to do that if the item is created with the 'click to set' shop design, since it's generally used to sell promos that players may make a custom name for on their shop sign.

See: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/creating-player-shops/ for more details

It will last at least through the 18th.
    poofasaurus, ShelLuser and AmusedStew like this.
  13. I believe many switched to the click to set shop anyways because its easier to make a shop by just putting a #. Oh well, guess I will just put up with it. :p
  14. Well this is an American server and through my 2.5 years here we have only celebrated American holidays (New Years, st. Patrick's day, Valentine's Day, etc)
  15. I can confirm. I got some mooshroom eggs, and killed them one at a time in a 2x2x2 box, with the bottom layer filled with water, so no fire damage is taken. With the libery sword (sharpness III), it takes 4 hits. With my diamond voter's sword (sharpness I), it takes just 2 hits. Something odd is going on here.
  16. Spawn Eggs have extra ItemMeta on them, so they run through the system as a Confirm Purchase.

Extra note. that even the click to set signs do not necessarily require a confirmation dialogue. If the text used for the 4th line can be used to reverse lookup the item using the original shop system, it will not require confirmation text.

I do not see a compelling reason to create an option to disable the confirmation. It is an intentional safeguard to prevent scams.
    Perhaps the shop owners need to have larger quantities on their signs. That sounds like a better solution.
    ShelLuser, AyanamiKun and AmusedStew like this.
  17. Guess that shows you how this week is going to go :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  18. I dream of a day where you can just type "/buy <playername>" or "/sell <playername>" from anywhere in Town, regardless of server, and it brings up a chest interface with everything that player is selling/buying, and you just click what you want.

No need for shops to take up physical space anywhere - just exist in the aether, like vaults. Anything out of stock would simply not show up. Shop owners would be notified on login of how many out-of-stock items they have. Built-in search features for items/prices would make it so good I can't even imagine it.

Then all the laggy megamalls can be repurposed for fun community things, and a million unneeded signs can be thrown into a massive bonfire to honour the devs who made it possible.
  19. An in-game, automated auction house? :3
  20. You want to buy and sell players? :eek: I'm not too sure if that's legal :D

Oh :oops:

;)

And we'd all grow bored really quick because there's not much more to accomplish other than gathering resources :p
    UltiPig and TomvanWijnen like this.