End EMC UHC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Kephras, Oct 11, 2015.

?

End EMC-hosted UHC events?

Yes 62 vote(s) 64.6%
No 34 vote(s) 35.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So yellow VS you guys right?...
    607, kaptrix and Captian_Foxy like this.
  2. Who is yellow again?
    FoxyRavenger and Gawadrolt like this.
  3. It is not only about the bans just mostly in these events there is only 1 staff. With over 100+ players playing the game it is very hard to keep an eye for players braking EMC rules......... But again its only what I think not what EMC thinks.
    iNachos10 likes this.
  4. I have not seen 100 players while there or in videos? After about 20-30 minutes in there's probably half those that started ;-)

I wasn't talking about the bans when I said there wasn't punishments and the trolling has seemingly gone unimpeded. I was talking about the forum nonsense where players were acting like they were on comms in call of duty :-P
  5. The vast majority of the time there are multiple staff online and twenty players at the most. It's not that hard to catch cheaters, as the first people to point them out are the other players.
  6. Oh well I have never actually bent to one so I don't really know so you both would have the right arm.
  7. *cough League of Legends cough* I love the game but some people take games too far. In the end UHC will be greatly improved just by canceling out the ability to cheat, toxicity won't end but chat rules can keep people shut up :\
    iNachos10, DubChef and autumnrain26 like this.
  8. Shouldn't you and Team Red be doing that anyway?
    andrewmatic, 607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  9. I know what you're saying is true, but it's not fair to compare CS:GO to UHC. ;)
    iNachos10 likes this.
  10. I see what you all are saying and get your point, but this is the only uhc that I find fun. I'm not a fan of playing uhc with a ton of strangers. (like others said.) Yes it does cause drama but I believe that might be able to be fixed.
  11. How about comparing UHC to APB: Reloaded..? Same rules apply.. xD
  12. I agree 100%. Although UHC is fun sometimes, it includes a lot of arguing and drama.
    iNachos10 likes this.
  13. +1 i hate uhc what if they replace it with something like spleef
    andrewmatic likes this.
  14. I agree.

There was a period I wanted away from EMC to explore politics-oriented servers, so I did that. There is a world of Minecraft servers beyond EMC, including UHC servers, if people want UHC so badly they can find one, or even set up their own (so long as they don't break the rules by advertising).

I believe EMC needs to incorporate a wide variety of playstyles, and I know that's in Aikar's long, long term plan. He eventually wants a 'Dystopia' hardcore survival server, and of course the Games Server with minigames. But obviously, there is a limit to what kinds of playstyles you can incorporate, because some breed toxicity.

As for the replacement to it... I'll have a think and get back to you all.
    iNachos10, ShelLuser and Kephras like this.
  15. For a lot of people this is the only place they play UHC. (Me being one of them) Like it more because you know most people and for me it is a friendly rivalry. :)
    Edit: I also think that people should think of it as a friendly rivalry too.
    CowboyTech12 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Apologies up front for maybe playing the devils advocate a bit here but meh... Stuff changed when I learned of anonymous kiddiots who are now blabbering about DDoS during the UCH event (note: this is hear say on my part, but I noticed that staff more or less confirmed the remarks)...

Sorry for maybe inciting a little drama of my own here, but I'd like to officially change my previous shared opinion into "+1".

DDoS is the bottom line for me. I have absolutely zero, nill, none, geen enkel respect for people who think that's funny or a cool threat to make. It's where I absolutely draw the line. That 'rage' is a bit fueled by my profession, I've been there myself a few times. Trying to track, report and shut down botnets. This crap is bad. Not just for the people who get attacked, but also for some of the attacking machines as well.

I've seen it happen where a customer called me in a total panic because his hosting company had sent him a bill for E 1600+ Euro's due to "enhanced traffic costs". And before you now wave it away with "yeah, next time just install better anti-virus", no; it's not as simple as that. We learned that it was a direct, carefully planned, attack against the server. An orchestrated event if you will...

DDoS is about as low as it can get on the Net IMNSHO.

As such...

And yes, for the record I do feel sorry for the staff who put all the time and effort into this and to try and make it work. But at this time I also honestly start to become convinced that it might be better to leave PvP in the arena's and sporadic PvP events.

Just my 2 cents.

</rant>

PS: Feel free to comment but I'm not going to respond. I had my say, shared my frustration, it's out of my system. I'm unwatching the UHC threads in a moment (including this one) and after that I'm done with it.
    w0rld_craft3r, 607, iNachos10 and 5 others like this.
  17. I have to agree. Though I have never been to a UHC, outside of the server there is too much drama. On SMP8 today, it was ridiculous, until Qkazoo changed the subject to pie which was nice. UHC causes way too much drama and chaos. People either need to calm down, as this is only a game we are talking about here, or just get rid of UHC all together.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the whole thing. Not meant to ruffle anybody's feathers.
    MagisterDelirus, FDNY21, 607 and 2 others like this.
  18. From the sounds of things today, UHC is ended ("until further notice.") I don't know exactly what transpired, but at this point I think it's fairly evident that UHC has no place on EMC and "until further notice" ought to mean indefinitely.
  19. At this point I'm almost convinced it could be shut down. The problem players haven't been dealt with after repeated nonsense(even if something happened today, it still was allowed to get as far as it did) obviously there is players ruining this event for everyone but I don't blame UHC continually being a problem just on those players. They should have been dealt with already. Personally I think that was/will be the deathknell for UHC. It doesn't have anything to do with the "EMC community" or that pvp causes drama. There are several VERY successful pvp ad UHC servers and the main difference I can see here: problem players are dealt with.
    607, iNachos10 and Uber_Corq like this.
  20. Ultimately I think it's just really hard to run events on EMC if the events aren't on EMC
    w0rld_craft3r likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.