End EMC UHC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Kephras, Oct 11, 2015.

?

End EMC-hosted UHC events?

Yes 62 vote(s) 64.6%
No 34 vote(s) 35.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I couldn't help agree, the core concept of EMC is "Play your way".

Of course that saying doesn't agree with some because how you play can be interpreted by others by offensive or friendly.

There is pvp, it has been seeded in smp6. There has been issues with pvp chat being in town as well as name calling.
    Here are some examples I found,
    "Ugh your such a noob for using a gapple." "People who are against killing chin need to kill themselves."
    "Your salty because I'm too good." "I hate everyone that has a name with a 'F' and ends with 'oxy'"

Regular pvp and pvp events in general have conflicts! It's not just embedded in UHC. Without a doubt I put faith in Chin Fixing UHC, finding the problematic players and give them warnings, and taking necessary actions to make it fun again.
    w0rld_craft3r and iNachos10 like this.
  2. "Play your way" has been abused and misused to the point where it's lost all meaning. Same as "The customer is always right." If you look up the history on that one, you might be surprised (I won't go wikipedia on you here, 'tis not the point of the thread).

If you don't like my words, don't click on threads with my name on them.

As for core principles, I'm not the "oldest of the old"-timers by any means, but I can very distinctly recall a time when even the idea of PvP on EMC was anathema. Now the current arenas, aside from that gapple-drama a few months ago, are a fairly healthy outlet for that since nobody wins or loses anything and the points don't matter. I'm fine with those.

The fact that UHC blows up consistently and - as Pab10S stated - makes itself known even to people who aren't involved and have no other investment, is a problem in and of itself. I don't care who is to blame for that, it just needs to end.

Cut the passive-aggressive crap. I have no patience for it here.
  3. Really? lol. It's not passive aggressive and why would you take it personally.

half-truth- emc is non-pvp. obviously it isn't

flashy wording: family friendly. This claim has little if any technical meaning and some of the ideas that have been attached to it before have been repeatedly been proven to be completely opposite of the truth.

I'm going to go grab you a band-aid. Wait here.

Edit: you are the one that made a thread on uhc. If people believe uhc is more trouble than it is worth than why do they keep involving themselves with it. It works both ways.
  4. I think this thread has gotten out of hand... And no real content aside from name throwing and drama is occurring.

If you cannot validate an argument without throwing insults or being rude - just DO NOT reply.

I AM an older player - I have been around a while. I HAVE spoken up against some of the changes made before - they are all made with community in mind.

Also, I propose that this UHC (which I have NOT participated in) is NOT EMC since it is not on any server I can /*command* to.

Please, settle down - keep the forums 'happy' and enjoy EMC.
    iNachos10, 607, Roslyn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.