End EMC UHC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Kephras, Oct 11, 2015.

?

End EMC-hosted UHC events?

Yes 62 vote(s) 64.6%
No 34 vote(s) 35.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for beating me on posting this.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. UHC will NOT be running on October 18th.

UHC should resume on October 25th, if all goes well,with some major upgrades that will alleviate the concerns that lead to the drama, hopefully ending the majority of the issues at their cores. Anti-xray and anti-cheat are on this list as well as a way to control spectating. Drama/rudeness towards others will be monitored heavily and obscene attitudes will be met with mutes, in-game and on the forums as well as result in possible exclusion from future UHC events.

If this doesn't fix UHC, nothing will. This is the final chance for this event on EMC.
    iNachos10, 607, DrMadFate and 8 others like this.
  3. Haha, if anything I disagree with #1 the most. How it was planned to work is that all dead people will be locked in a room above spawn, and when dead would go into survival mode, not spectator. However, that was just a mess because people ended up killing each other in the room freely. At least, I think that's what happened.

So spectating was allowed for today because of the mess-up there, after Rainbow's panic. :P

It seems to be a bigger deal than I realized it was, however. I was talking to Rainbow and the next step might be to ban players upon death. Hopefully that's not the case, as spectating is an important part of UHC for many people - some come just to spectate and most like to spectate their team after they die.

But therein lies the problem: those dead team members have the ability to greatly help their team members out by cave finding, player hunting, and so on. And the random average spectator decides to troll and release info, too; so I can definitely see where they're coming from with that.

However, I really feel spectating needs to continue, but perhaps not in the current sense: game mode 3, free teleporting, and x-ray. If it's decided that the ability to moderate spectating is too game breaking and has to be eliminated, I suggest a spectating style similar to (and forgive me for saying this) Hy***** and Minep***. Basically: players are set in a modified survival mode where they can fly, but can't interact with blocks, entities, and players; and are invisible. That would remove the ability to x-ray and cave find as there would be no way for them to go into the ground.

The spectating system on those servers also includes a compass, which is unable to be dropped. Upon right-clicking the compass, a chest interface would open with a list of alive players to spectate to. However, as one of the main reasons why spectating is changing is to prevent player-finding by spectators, this option wouldn't really be good for Rainbow's UHC.

EDIT 2: Allowing players to teleport only to teammates would be a good idea, rather than banning teleporting altogether.

EDIT: Some of the first players who actually realize others are hacking or cheating are spectators. Limiting the spectate option to staff-only greatly cuts down on the amount of reports staff will get, leading to less cheaters being recognized or caught.

And it appears I went off-topic, sorry! Just used your post as a jump-off point.
    -
    -
    On another thread someone mentioned that the spectating system today was poorly thought out. I'll be the first to defend Rainbow here and say he didn't have much time, at most a few hours tops, to prepare the spectating change for today's event.

The current system, in my eyes, appears to be a band-aid for the problem. Hopefully a proper fix comes soon; and at least we learned one thing from today: that system... just... doesn't work.
    -
    -
    As for the OP: I disagree. I believe those who do break the rules should be punished for it; and those that are punished learn their lesson and don't repeat their behavior (*glares menacingly at self*), or the punishment increases, perhaps to the point of a ban from Rainbow's UHC entirely with punishment carrying over to the Empire Minecraft servers and/or forums. Thankfully I wasn't an active Mob Arena player when that was shut down, because from the reactions here it sucked for a lot of people. I'd prefer that didn't happen again.
    607, Keliris, Gawadrolt and 2 others like this.
  4. From all the stuff that has come out of UHC that I've heard, I'm too nervous to go there. Maybe tweaking rules a little could help, like some have suggested? Or scrap it if it's unsalvageable and causing too much trouble. And people going to UHC, you should know it's just a game. Just chill and have fun with it and there shouldn't be trouble.
  5. I think to replace it we could have a small building thing where everyone gets certain blocks and everyone makes there unique structure then staff decides who wins
  6. I don't think UHC should be a thing until they've put more things in place that stop radars, tracers, x-rayers, etc. It's very obvious to the people spectating that this is happening, and that is what causes "drama", though I don't believe multiple people saying they see the same thing is drama.
    DubChef and CadenMann like this.
  7. It takes a special kind of person to fight his brother with a smile on his face.
  8. This is silly. From what I have seen there has only been a problem with 3 people. This threatening to shut it down is the silly part. Enforce the rules and if someone wants to keep bickering ban THEM from the event not the rest of us.

Edit: in OP it said "or associated with EMC" I'm totally cool with this. If it was just an event started on EMC but became rainbows uhc and not EMC's uhc. I think it would work much better in this manner anyways. Rebranding would keep it at an arms length from EMC while at the same time giving more freedom for the event/server to run as its own thing and install rules that would beneficial there but perhaps not for EMC. The other servers I have played UHC on feel a bit different and being that rainbows is the first I attended I quite like it and wanted to find one as similar as possible. I have found a pretty full server that does such but its still not exactly the same and obviously there isn't the people that I know from here there. It's always more fun to play with friends of course.
    ChickenDice and Uber_Corq like this.
  9. I've never been to an EMC UHC yet. But in my experience, UHC has caused people to get together, and have fun.
    But it apparently doesn't work that way on EMC? Perhaps that's because the community is too big. Not everybody knows each other, and so not everybody can trust each other. That might be where the problems arise, because some people think badly of other people by default, and only get more respectful once they get to know the person better.
    I don't know, as I've tried to stay away from the drama a bit, but that's what I think might be a possible cause.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. it was tons of fun,everyone was saying that being dead was more fun then being alive because we were all killing eachother over & over & over while you guys were down there trying to live,it was like a huge mosh pit of death.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  11. I would love to see ICC's Death Events being brought back.
    607, CadenMann and NetherWorld666 like this.
  12. I love UHC the thing is I have never went to one :p I honestly think it should be ended all these fusses and bans on UHC events is not what we want.
  13. Saying end it for the bans is a rather weird reason.

We ban way more people for using cheats on EMC than we do UHC, so, if we used that reasoning then EMC would shut down first :/

People cheat, thats always going to happen. But I'm going to help chin get a build that will work for UHC that he can setup anti cheat stuff so we can avoid the drama.

I held one just recently...
    DubChef, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. I think he's talking about the style that ICC did it. Yours was there for the purpose of difficulty 10 mini bosses (I'm talking about the right one, right?), where as I think he's referencing the ones that ICC would just a bunch of people out into the waste and in no organization just spawn tons of mobs.
    607 likes this.
  15. To be completely honest, I find it funny that this offsite event is any different than other unnamed (and now dead) offsite events.. o3o ..I mean how is this not going to cause the drama to repeat itself..? ..I mean it seemingly has, but in a different way from others. Toxicity is something that is good at killing online gaming.. If you don't believe me, play any free-to-play mmo that centers on pvp, heck, even any game free or otherwise that focuses on pvp in general.. o3o
    607, CowboyTech12 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Team Red has enacted new laws to prevent drama and flaming coming from our end, I encourage the RainbowBeards to do the same.

These have been sent out to all of our members, and will be edited into the thread.
    607 and ChickenDice like this.
  17. You've obviously missed mine that I also held recently. I held off on them during the buggy issues because of the mob issues, but Death Events happen on occasion. I wouldn't want to make it a weekly thing. Too much economy-destroying for that =P
    DubChef and 607 like this.
  18. Speaking personally, I'm saying end it because it fosters toxicity and is completely at odds with EMC's core values. I can understand why some people enjoy UHC gameplay, I just don't think Empire Minecraft should sponsor or host it.
    EDIT: That being said, guess we'll see how things go on the 25th. Since the suggestion itself has been answered / resolved, at this point I'm just curious to see how others feel on the topic.
    ShelLuser, 607 and CadenMann like this.
  19. The thing is, Empire Minecraft doesn't sponsor or host it, this is an event ran by RainbowChin alone.

Our team is taking steps to kill the drama and bring the fun back into the matches, as well as planning a match up between the two "biggest clans".
    DubChef likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.