Empire Minecraft News: January 2019

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Whew, that was a close one!!

For a moment there, I really thought the server was upgrading to 1.13.

I'm glad you guys made the right choice and decided to skip the mess that is 1.13 altogether! :D
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  2. Well the price of iron will go up majorly so get Afking
  3. Not really.. It'll just take a bit more for villages to be around the iron farms cause they'll not need doors anymore to activate a village it's all about beds and villagers workshops..
  4. Great update.. I really want 1.14 :D Hope it comes together fairly easy.
  5. I’m honestly hoping it gets delayed. Iron farms have been nerfed to the point where they aren’t with building in vanilla, so even less so on EMC.

It takes 20 villagers in vanilla to get 90 iron per hour if nothing’s changed since the last pre release, meaning it’ll be too slow to be worth it on EMC especially with the entity cap. And the villagers had to have used their work station in the last in game day.
    Pokku8 and Nuttyknight42 like this.
  6. Well least the iorn farms are safe for now!
  7. What happens with multicolored signs? Since you can now change text color in vanilla (but only one color per sign :()
    607 likes this.
  8. While I can't predict what we will choose to do with that, I can tell you that if there are any changes to either Vanilla or the current system, when we eventually update to 1.14 the Devs will post a full changelog as per usual detailing all the EMC-specific stuff we did to make things work with our server. :) Always helpful to read through those in full as they come out.
  9. I'm really looking forward to the update finally coming. I was beginning to wonder if the server was going to get stuck on 1.12.2. I'm also keen on the golem changes... maybe people will start getting back out and mining now! Best of luck Aikar and devs...
  10. Excited to fight some pillagers and illagers in the name of the empire :)
    Stab_Walker and jaqque like this.
  11. I know it! This really feels like a good "flavor" step for EMC. Now there is a potential for the feel of Illagers being barbaric tribes invading our lands, and we have to go out and fight them to keep our resources. And as the wastelands are reset, it's almost like we are discovering new lands as fast as they are, and are constantly fighting for the territory!
  12. Will the servers be down while this is happening?

I mean for a extended period of time
    HazardousCode likes this.
  13. 1.14 appears to be a nightmare, I cannot see EMC updating for some time, lighting bugs, lag bugs, entities disappearing. No one wants that, so glad EMC has not updated yet, keep going Dev's your doing great
    Pokku8 and Elaeric like this.
  14. How much longer? Not being impatient, just wanna know how much time I have to prepare.
    KatydidBuild and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  15. Will be a while since they have to finish 1.13 and 1.13.2 then they have a mess of 1.14 to do and 1.14.1/2 also

So I would say mabey before the end of this year for upgrading to 1.14

Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  16. What are the most important additions and changes you want to prepare for, going from 1.12 --> 1.14.x?
  17. Crawling. Drastically changes how I approach mining.
    KatydidBuild and 607 like this.
  18. The battle against the Pillagers.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  19. Swimming and the ocean
    VoxyEm and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  20. I’m pretty sure 1.13 was done completely, the only problem is that there were still too many bugs and it wouldn’t of been good for emc. The entire dev teams doesn’t just want to push out updates, they wanna make sure it’s safe and still enjoyable for the community. Wouldn’t be fun having 1.13 and have things break ect..