Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. And during the day...?
  2. Here are the original suggestion threads from it, though I assume there have been some changes to the idea since then. (credits to skydragon for compiling these in an older thread)

3. It's all speculation but I think ICC and Aikar envision Dystopia for people who want to fight very hard mobs and don't mind dying a million times.
  4. There is no day... Dun dun DUUUUNNNN!!!!
    cddm95ace and MrUnknownian like this.
  5. And don't mind torches burning out.
  6. You can see momentus from over 50-80blocks away :/
  7. I doubt this is plausible, but maybe making the wild easier, but keep the wastelands the same? People that want a challenge can journey out into the Wastelands, but people also won't be afraid to explore/start a settlement in the wild. I love enraged mobs and bosses at the difficulty they are, and would hate to see that change.
  8. Another idea is to give each new player an Enderchest and a silk touch pickaxe, along with their iron armor and sword. And teach them that if they keep their valuables in the Enderchest, when they die -- all their stuff is safe in the Enderchest. Even if the enderchest is destroyed and a new enderchest is created.

I actually had several arguments with newbies about Enderchests. I told them to store their valuables in an Enderchest. I tried to explain to them, that only they could access their stuff in an Enderchest… but they didn't believe me. Then they complained they lost everything when a mob killed them in the wild.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  9. I would say keep them the same, just for the challenge!
    Wildman1572 likes this.
  10. I think they need to be 200% harder and spawn 2000% more frequently :3
    marine4121 and MrUnknownian like this.
  11. And the torch economy skyrockets.
  12. I've been trying to start, it's a bad habit. I do think difficulty levels are good now (with armor :p) and Dystopia would be really cool... literally the opposite of Utopia.
    boozle628 likes this.
  13. Would dystopia have 30x30 residences?
    cddm95ace and hashhog3000 like this.
  14. Ok, so the exact opposite of the Utopia Wilderness. :p It is a world, not a server. Though that would be cool...
    boozle628 likes this.
  15. I thought the difficulty was kinda easy personally. If you dont want to fight mobs, dont go out at night.

I like the idea of wastes as easy though, so gathering resources wont be so difficult.

I never had an issue with the enraged mobs, the first time an enraged zombie killed me, i spent time to get good armor and be able fight them off. I haven't fought any of the minibosses yet, so I can't really comment on that.

If the game gets too easy, it'll be boring. :/

And the netherhounds never do anything to me... they just stand there howling. Is this a bug?
  16. i agree waste should probably be easier if any change is made, this would serve everyone fine too imo. people that want to fight mobs even at wildbases can and people that just wanna mine can too.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  17. Thank you for the tip on lighting.
    I called on you once before, and I think that will be my plan next time :).
    The only thing that stinks is timing, sometimes I need him gone soon, but thank you!
  18. +1 from bite even doe hes a "Floridiot" *looks at own location in profile*
  19. I just voted randomly because I've never actually seen an enraged mob. Part of me is tempted to go find one so I can have a more valid opinion, but I'd probably just find it too easy and laugh at how quaint this whole poll is.

Because that's just the kind of person I am.
    RainbowChin and hashhog3000 like this.
  20. Lets just not change anything, newbies are newbies they need to learn to survive in the environment. How the empire runs its wild shouldnt be changed just to help the newbies, what about the mass majority of people who learned these things through trial and error themselves. these are rather new changes but not every one on the server wears god gear every time they go out. Strategies are stronger than skills for some, avoiding enraged is rather easy because they are on fire and notice able. The new guys just need to learn lessons like everyone else on the server and gain the necessary survival skills that most minecrafter's eventually gain. I just think it is just unfair to change these things on people who have over come these obstacles and have also learned to love them as a challenge.
    M4nic_M1ner and marine4121 like this.