Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. i do like your idea and i know its possible because sethbling made a chat prompt in one of his videos :)
    NZScruffy likes this.
  2. Agreed
  3. IF we do anything i say we do anouther safer world on the servers. This would be a world with reduced resources like diamonds, less frequently spawning rare biomes and also structures such as villages and temples. Just saying to be fair if people cant handle the the EMC survival then they should not get the same amount of resources and have ores be rarer and biomes like messa,mushroom and other rarities be alot more rare.
  4. I say the mobs are way too easy. I myself have beaten 2 Marlix 1 Momentus. I think they should increase the difficulty in these mobs.
  5. Are Momentus (giant zombies) a mini boss? If so, maybe reducing them by 25% would be good, because I fought one and I died at least 4 times and lost some nice stuff. They are extremely difficult and I had and enchanted sword with every enchantment to the max. I would like those lowered just a little bit. Plus bows don't work because they pull you into the giant. Then if you run away, they pull you back in. He's practically got as much health as the enderdragon or more. I would love if they were lowered by at least 25%. ( P.S. Then some else killed it and I got nothing :()
  6. I don't even think there should be a safe wild since people would just get all supplies from there even though its harder to find you don't die as easily. Just keep the regular frontier and wastelands.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. So essentially you're suggesting EMC punish players with scarcity if they come for the building and not the fighting?

All I hear from this is "Sorry, you newbies aren't good enough to hang with the rest of us, you don't belong on EMC." Aikar's already pretty much said flat out that there'll be a Dystopia for people like you who want 'teh hardcorez' challenges and have 'learned to love them.' You think it's unfair to change things that were forced on people months ago without their input. I think it was unfair to have implemented them in the first place.

And yes, I confess I've said my farewells to this server already and basically have no reason to care one way or the other at this point. My opinion was ignored then, and is invalid now, but I simply cannot stand the elitist attitude being expressed here - that if you don't enjoy the challenges that Enraged and Momentus/Marlix bring to the table, you are somehow less of a Minecraft player. I can almost promise you, the people who build this kind of stuff don't play Minecraft for an adrenaline rush.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  8. There is a big if in that plan it is just an idea after all better than nerfing them completly
  9. The reason why the empire has these mini bosses is to make the empire challenging and unique, Decreasing there health wont make the empire as challenging as it is and Typical Minecraft mobs are too boring and are too easy, If you know a momentus will kill you, DONT FIGHT IT!

And the reasonsn why it didn't drop anything because you have to kill the momentus, not yourfriend.
    Wildman1572 likes this.
  10. Now that I think about it, (and read the comments) I think everything should be kept the same. :p
  11. So you are saying all those who love hunting mini bosses and enraged sould go to a different server just to keep the newbies happy? Most newbies that first see a momentus will run up and hit it. Kinda like when I found my first enraged creeper and started punching it till BOOM

That last sentence is incorrect. I love building, im a good one and i love hunting mobs just for the fun of it. Gives me a bit of a break.
  12. Will Dystopia be for supporters only?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. i am saying every one that came here had to deal with the same issues with the enraged, they found there way they have to aswell. It is a feature that helps make this server unique .they can build all they want but it is survival they have to get resources the ways they find best. going into the wild isnt the only way to get resources, this is an economy server find a way to make some money. there are ways to get supplies that dont involve they other side of the coin on this server so nerfing the side some people love for one part of the population seems unfair
  14. I wouldnt think so just because the utopia gives you advantages with certain things, disutopia will be down right hell on earth it would be awful for them to pay for hell lol
    marine4121 likes this.
  15. true dat i cant wait for dystopia :D
  16. No. That ship has sailed a long time ago. I've hated the "Survival Update" since the day it was released, and the answer to my objections then was pretty much summed up as, "Tough luck." Now there's this thread, questioning if maybe things ought to be toned back down a bit, which I find rather bitterly humorous - as stated in my earlier post, people like me who didn't enjoy this stuff when it was first released have mostly either moved on or given up. All I'm saying is that in addition to whatever's on the server now, you'll get your own brutal playground of murder and mayhem as well.

And in reference to the poll directly, so far 82 people have voted that something should be changed - about 65% of the response. But everyone has different ideas of just how those changes should be implemented, whereas the "leave it alone" votes are only 35% of the response but they're all in agreement.

How should I know? :p
  17. Fun Fun!!!
  18. yeah but look at the actual numbers the largest majority is no change, the two second largest are the smallest amount of change. all the larger amounts are about 20 percent of the vote. i think the waste idea is great however. limited mobs and minibosses where people want to get resources and all the wonderful new creatures out in the frontier
    csmanion likes this.
  19. Avoiding momentus is easy. Don't forget mobs cannot spawn Within 24 blocks of you and momentus cannot draw you in if your further than 15-20 blocks of you. Marlix are easy, just run away. And i really don't see how killing enraged is hard. 5-7 hits with a diamond unenchanted sword should take care of them, it's only the enraged zombies that I THINK are the Overpowered mob. Momentus cannot see you threw walls so if you're worried about them Drawing you in while mining, not going to happen.
    And the 82 people that want something changed selected different choices. So aikar would really only go for the one with the most votes.
  20. Ok just telling the people who hate the "survival update" it is 90% optional and nearly 95% preventable. Outposts can be protected by deverting some of your iron farm golems to a garbage desposal pit if you must say for momenti. If you dont have a iron golem farm then inviteing a friend that can deal with bosses is most of the time possible. water can slow down most enraged at the moment and make them easy to kill for PROTECTION not for a adrenaline rush. marlix can disappear or despawn randomly anyway. If you are traveling through the world just dont confront them if you see them and you wont die. traveling far now is difficult cause of updates to minecraft not empire at the moment. many newbies are getting hit by the food staturation deal more anyway.