Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. hmm, I've never been bothered by the difficulty. But if lowering the difficulty encourages more town-stuck players to venture into the wild, then I'm down with that! I feel that you can get more out of the game, and have more fun if you can go into the wild and gather your own resources. It may even reduce the amount of players asking for free stuff!

But this is just my opinion.
    Pab10S, CoolCal14 and cddm95ace like this.
  2. I haven't been on this server long but I love the challenge of the enraged mobs. They keep you looking over your shoulder when collecting resources out in the wastelands and working on a wilderness base. I find them a nice change of pace from the same old easy vanilla mobs.

Looking at the survey results it shows 32% want to keep it the way it is. and the other 68% want to lower the difficulty so perhaps the 25% reduction in difficulty would be the middle ground for everyone. As long as they don't end up just another vanilla mob I will be happy.
    607 likes this.
  3. i think just lowering enraged zombies and momentus by 25 percent would make just about everyone happy, and maybe lowering enraged spawns in waste too
  4. This was mentioned numerous times quite some time ago and I believe Aikar said it was possibly an issue with Bukkit or whatever it is that works behind the scenes. It is an issue and I and others have seen it happen in broad daylight with areas heavily lit and no dark spots.

I think that if nothing else, the EC that can cause massive damage to Wild bases should be limited in some way, even if it's something like not spawning within 'x' blocks of a Locked chest to prevent base damage which could go unnoticed and destroy weeks / months of work.
  5. Can Aikar shed some light on some changes he made/ is planning to make?
    607 likes this.
  6. The spawnrate sucks right now not sure if its me or soemthing but 2 days ago I was getting a crap load more spawns than I am for bosses and enraged, and for some reason it seems like the momentus takes ages to kill now....
    jrm531 and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  7. Yes, the momentus takes forever to kill. I think that you should increase the spawn rate of enraged/minibosses in the wastelands. The wastelands open more options to new items, and more supplies of different items. So it's should be harder to get those items. So just increase the spawn rate of enraged/minibosses in the wastelands in my opinion.
    jrm531 likes this.