Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. Nice hat :D
  2. No reduction. Boost saturation ftw!:D
  3. If anything, these bosses need to be more frequent.
  4. If I may, Aikar the only things I'm not sure I like anymore is the fact that Momentus (Like Bitemenow said) is just to tough. He does add that extra twist to the survival of the wild and wastelands, but at the same time even decked out in some of the best gear you die to quickly. So I must say I only want the mini-boss (Giant) defenses to be a little less deadly. As for the enraged mobs, I'd like to add that they're all just right and that they do not need to be changed, but more added as we go on!! :)
    I'd say that brings my point-of-view to an end, Thank you Aikar. :D
  5. Exactly. So all his houses burn down.
  6. wouldnt that happen if a normal creeper spawned in there? as far as i know they dont light things on fire unless someone was messing with them. emc is never going to prevent mobs from spawning if you arent going to light up inside your bases. thats a pure vanilla mechanic
    marine4121 likes this.
  7. enraged mobs add challenge and they're quite rare too it adds some more fun to the game but I can understand them being annoying while moving items and building though
  8. A regular creeper blows up once. An enraged one does it repeatedly.
    607 likes this.
  9. but what im saying is the mechanics for the enraged creeper (atleast as far as i know) are that you have to be close for it to start exploding same way that a regular creeper has to be close to do any dmg.so its not like the enraged just randomly caused damage inside his town unprovoked. he spawned in an unlit area and then exploded when near a player exactly like a normal mob would he just moves quicker and keeps exploding until the player dies. not liek the explosive radius changes unless the player moves to get sploded elsewhere.
  10. I like the idea that people could have at least a kind of choice about how hard it gets and that they can explore further when they improve their gameplay - if they want to. I guess making enraged and minibosses spawn less frequently (or not at all) within some distance from the spawn (and outposts?) would suite that well.

Too hard game will scare some (I'd guess above all the youngest) players, but taking the challenge away is not the right answer - as soon as they get better it is ruining their game too.
    If it gets harder with the distance from the spawn, then everyone can find the "right" zone for her/himself.
    As the resources near spawn / outpost get depleted first (and fast), this would automatically make exploring further away interesting...

My vote: reduce the spawn rate of enraged near (something like 1000 blocks radius) from the spawn and outposts, leave other areas as they are now.

Originally I've voted for no change, but crazy1080 is right - I do not care about Momentus and Marlix, I've learned how to avoid them (and I think it's easy to learn how). It was interesting and very challenging to catch them and use them to farm enraged, but since this was nerfed, fighting them is IMO only waste of time and resources.
    So, for me, EMC without Momentus and Marlix would be no different.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  11. i think a good boss is a boss that is hard without the adds aikar i say make momentus difficult without adds. have him shoot fire balls instead. XD (adds = enemies that help out bosses in battle)
  12. I don't think any of the enraged mobs or bosses should be weakened. As long as you have an enchanted bow, you can take out any enraged mobs once they spawn. For melee, just use an enchanted sword. (The turkey sword that most people got is really good for this). Also, battling Momentus isn't as hard as everybody says. Just grab some basic diamond armor, a sword, and some shiny flesh. For Marlix, since he is a skeleton on a bat, he can't easily hit you, so you have an advantage. (If you can hit him). So just get an enchanted bow and you'll be fine. Just don't shoot Momentus unless you are prepared to fight him.
  13. I don't see an option to lower just enraged only and leave the minibosses alone?
    607 likes this.
  14. On my res at 403 I posted signs to give tips for players on how to play EMC.
  15. I think you should Fix the Enraged Zombie that practically mugs me every time it kills me. If I die from it, I lose ALL my gear, and that happens EVERY time I die from it. Either then that they are ok. Sept that Momentus dude, I swear, does he really NEED help and that Pull? The help with enraged Zombies is too much when Im alone or even with my brother. Can't it just spawn a flood of regular zombies? If not its cool.
  16. I would also like to add you didn't have a "Just lower enraged" vote.
  17. Could have better edited that into your previous post. You're right though.
  18. I agree with the idea of lowering the difficulty level of enraged mobs and minibosses because of the Dystopia World being added. The normal world is best for the people who don't want to fight and the Dystopia world is challenging for the people who enjoy fighting.
    Rimont likes this.
  19. We do also have to remember that dystopia wants to be challenging, not something like super hostile mode from 2.0 and thus impossible
    Olaf_C likes this.
  20. It never spawned in an unlit area, you're just assuming that. The light / spawn mechanic has been broken in EMC for months now and it spawned in a fully lit area. I've stood and watched Zombies spawn in the open next to torches and squares well above the 7 light level.