Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. How about other option? reduce enraged but don't reduce minibosses that much ... enraged can be found quite often - where as minibosses are more rare ... minibosses should still pose a challenge ... however, enraged should be just a little bit more tough than normal mobs (but not extremely)
    607, cddm95ace and southpark347 like this.
  2. My brother and I were just talking about this, I usually don't have any problem with enraged mobs, but this is because I always wear enchanted diamond armor. I went out to collect clay a short while ago in just iron armor and an enraged creeper got me down to 2 hearts in a matter of seconds, so I think nerfing them to allow for better exploration would be a great idea.

The only other problem I've had with the custom mobs was against momentus, even with god armor he always manages to kill me a few times before I can finally defeat him, this is why I am in support for a slight reduction in the damage of both enraged and miniboss mobs.
  3. I personally don't think this poll is a very good way to do it. Most people who are on the forums constantly and vote on what they can are well-off so they are very able to fight tough bosses and thus this won't bother them. The majority who this affects (the new players, players who aren't as wealthy, etc) aren't really gonna be on the forums; at least that I see. You should find some way so that tons of people will vote including the class that this affects the most. The way the poll is atm, the group that will want harder bosses will vote. We should be using a method where we get the best range of people :)
    LadBlo, 607, dresden72 and 1 other person like this.
  4. comments are a great place to find more poll options :p
  5. What would people think of the idea of the wild being a little easier, then the wastelands being as is, and then dystopia being just scary? Kind of like 3 different levels of difficulty: wild = easy, wastelands = normal, and dystopia = hard? Of course we'd have to ask Aikar if it's possible...
  6. I enjoy it how it is. If any mob gets easier, I'm also expecting a nerf in the drops. So keep it how it is! D:<
  7. We can leave drops alone
    Maybe possible, but then the people who chose to live in the wild for the challenge has no challenge, and those looking to avoid challenge and go to wastelands just to get resources would have harder, so i would say easy=waste, normal=wild instead
    This thread is at least being broadcasted in game now.
    But an ingame poll system would be more ideal.
  8. Wild being easy would detriment my likeness of having an outpost there , whereas the wastelands gets reset, wich is actually a good enough reason to not build there =P

In straight sense, enraged mobs with just plain dia armor (fairily easy to get) dia sword, and a bow with enough arrows are killable in less than a minute... i dont really see why nerfing them.

remember what happened to World of Warcraft?... World of Tanks... every time they nerfed mobs on each "expansion" the player base who actually worked their as**es off to earn the kills/loot etc were pissed at them.

There's always workarounds to not fight enraged mobs (simply dont travel at night) be careful, run, etc... build a high enough dirt pillar and survive.

Bosses/MiniBosses I've encountered MANY since i came back to empire, never had a chance to kill them... THAT right there is an acomplishement and a goal for myself... if they get nerfed its gonna be so easily conquerable, its not gonna be a challenge anymore...

Obviously DYSTOPIA... hell i'd build a semi-public outpost there for those like me who love a challenge. yet till that is implemented, my input:

Leave it as it is

AIkar... ^^ this is the reason why i Love EVE Online... never gets nerfed and still depicts the greatest challenge of them all games so far for me
  9. i disagree with that 5weety just because all my boss stuff happens in the wild it would ruin boss hunters with outposts. I think with the outpost program the server offers now when they are set up there should be an option saying that bosses and enraged cant spawn in that area. You cant have outposts for that kinda thing because of the wastelands resetting
  10. I think that the people who check the forums arent that well off but more experienced. I think if newer members neglect the forums on important issues they should not be rewarded for there actions of not caring. also enraged mobs are on FIRE they are very easy to notice and bosses such ask momentus are very easy to see are are avoidable to the even to newest players because of the town chat about them.
  11. I think the difficulty is high enough, just lower the spawn rates to nether hounds to non existent or minion mobs ;3
  12. It was just an idea, and could be implemented in whatever order works best for the community. I guess I was just trying to think of a way that the players who like the extra mobs could keep them, while the players who hate dealing with them would have an option too.
  13. I think make the marlix harder would be fun.like every time you shoot it with a bow it drops TNT on your head, and if it flys more then 75 blocks from you it will drawn you in. Also make the momentus have ALITTLE less hearts but when you hit it with sword it has a 20% chance of dropping TNT on you. Also you guys need to make the part were they die cooler... Because it spawns with a sound a wierd message but when dies it says (mob) has fallen...
    southpark347 likes this.
  14. As a miniboss hunter i really don't think you sould decrease the mini bosses health because there really easy to avoid if you are travelling. Marlix don't chase the player and momentus well, don't get too close to it and you are fine. Enraged zombies are a pain a health decrease on those could be a bit better for most players. Enraged creepers are pretty easy to kill and enraged skeletons, pretty easy to kill them in full iron and nether hounds don't even attack the player.
    southpark347 likes this.
  15. LOL I just threw in there the maximum reduction. As I don't really care either way. And I'd prefer really hard challenges be found in Adventure worlds, like this Dragon Tombs.

But I'm also perfectly fine with how we have it. It's not hard once you are kitted up, and understand the mobs.

IMO, the biggest shock for me was having the mobs exist, they were unknown to me, so i didn't know how to treat them. Now I've been in EMC a while, fought a few, and fear them less than I do your average creeper.

CREEPERs are still my most hated mob.
  16. So... whats dystopia? A new server coming out? (ive been gone for a while)
  17. ive killed two marlixes and a momentus with only my fists. its all about planning and how you engage them. the durability is from enraged in momentuses butt tearing you up lol.
    he has to spawn in low lit areas, if you wildbase isnt well lit then its really your own fault he spawned there. my wildbase is incredibly well lit (ive used over three dc lighting it) and people get excellent fps out there because of it not a single momentus or marlix has spawned anywhere i didnt want them to.

and if you come get me ill take care of him for ya when you go offline (i only fight him when noones nearby so i can despawn his minions) and since im a trustworthy fella you dont gotta worry about randoms coming out to your base
  18. the biggest nerf and the only one i was a fan of for enrages was that they despawn. before they would fill up your entcap and despawn other mobs. you would log on to 100 enraged standing around you and have to sprint to water to survive. i miss those days but some people couldnt hack it :p
  19. ENRAGED mobs:

How about reduce the life of the enraged mobs, but they just hit harder as usual. So you could still one-shot one with a bow, just don't let them catch you.

Or, the reverse. reduce the damage they do to 'normal', but give them more health. So you gotta hit them more before they die, and they will more likely get a hit in.

MINI BOSSES:

As someone said, they spawn where the player is, and that often means, at your wild base, or in the area you are mining. IMO, that is a bigger problem than their difficulty. :) As these are locations you DONT want them spawning generally. You want to meet them in the wild adventuring/hunting. Not at your front door.

So other than reducing their difficulty, perhaps find a way to spawn them away from where players are spending a long time.
  20. ... This thread is hilarious to me.
    I said months ago that there were people out there who didn't want to deal with the changes the Survival Update imposed, and was basically shunned for being "one vocal minority" and told my thoughts were worth 1/5th that of a player who wasn't saying anything.

Of course, now the poll shows people are more or less content to leave it the way it is. You know why? Because anyone who didn't like the changes back then was essentially told to stuff it or go elsewhere. I'm fairly certain that by this point, most of the people who would be down-voting the Enraged or minibosses in some fashion have done exactly that. But, credit where it's due I suppose, at least now you're asking and do seem interested in our thoughts.
    Not that my opinion has any relevance anymore - I have one last book to finish up for corruptedsmile, before I can close the door on EMC for good.