Empire Custom Mobs: Difficulty Survey

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Dec 19, 2013.

?

Lower difficulty of Enraged and Minibosses

Do not lower it at all, it would upset me a lot. 107 vote(s) 33.2%
Reduce by 25% (Both) 58 vote(s) 18.0%
Reduce by 50% (Both) 32 vote(s) 9.9%
Reduce by 75% (Both) 20 vote(s) 6.2%
Reduce Enraged by 25%, Minibosses by 40% 30 vote(s) 9.3%
Reduce Enraged by 50%, Minibosses by 70% 14 vote(s) 4.3%
Reduce Enraged by 75%, Minibosses by 90% 15 vote(s) 4.7%
Reduce Minibosses only by 25% 36 vote(s) 11.2%
Reduce Minibosses only by 55% 8 vote(s) 2.5%
Reduce Minibosses only by 75% 2 vote(s) 0.6%
  1. Common ground, or some way to opt/out or despawn them :).
  2. I can barely handle the easy difficulty, now that we are in Normal mode I am pretty scared to go out into the wild, the Hard update will make me a Town-Only person.
  3. Well maybe a difficulty change wouldnt hurt only so the scaleing to acual bosses doesnt become insane. It takes god gear to have a chance against momentus. Well also i dont think the damage or there attack patterns should be nerfed. But possibly to damage they do to the durability to armor
  4. That sounds like a good idea actually. Somehow have an option for enraged mobs to spawn near you. It will be quite a challenge to implement though.
  5. I like this.
  6. I don't know what you mean by minibosses? The enraged mobs aren't that hard to kill, I had diamond enchanted armor and a diamond enchanted sword and it did take me a minute, but it wasn't that hard. I would feel comfortable with it lowered to 25% maybe. I'll answer the poll as soon as I know what "minibosses" are. xP
    southpark347 likes this.
  7. I voted to keep as it is because, I don't think it should be easier to kill only because its a 'boss' for a reason. Not meant to be a given easy treat to easy rupees. Those who have taken the time to get geared up and hunt them as they stand now deserve to have the liberty to keep this as their income. By making it easier would inflate the unique item cost that are dropped from these bosses. Thus causing a great in-balance in wealth distribution again.
    607 likes this.
  8. I'd like the old saturation system be brought back so we didn't have to carry cheap uncooked food just to fill up 1 bar of hunger just to heal, also the fires the enraged creepers make should disappear quicker so theirs a smaller chance of having your new loot get burned in fire. Thats my "nerf" idea.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  9. Only downside is that people have to venture far for new biomes and away from griefers.
  10. Increase by 100% on all. :)
    bemvino87 and fat_batman like this.
  11. I have never in my near 200 days seen a momentus or marlix and I go out in the wild or waste a lot :/
  12. Momentus and marlix.
    A giant with a ton of health and a skeleton with a fire bow riding an invincible invisible bat.
    607 likes this.
  13. So is this a confirmation that bosses spawn possibly due to the movement through chunks?
  14. True, hadn't thought of that..
  15. but this would only be in the waste and ik you have to go a long way for biomes but no one builds a bg base in the waste
  16. It's more that custom mobs 'replace' another mobs spawn. So if you don't move, mobs will fill up around you then will stop spawning due to having enough mobs near you already.
  17. I also did not have enough poll options, those who comment about not nerfing bosses, would you say lowering enraged only would be idea? I guess I should of made the last 3 that.
  18. No, more that if you stay in one place, very few mobs spawn around you after the initial burst, but while moving, you're always spawning and despawning mobs around, making it more likely to get a miniboss.
  19. And if the community rather the difficulty not be lowered, then we won't mess with it :) So everyone vote please!
    southpark347 likes this.
  20. well im making a spawning rig time for the rail master to get to work
    southpark347 likes this.