[Discussion/Ongoing event] 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ItsMeMatheus, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Late night bump, 9 hours and 15 minutes left!
    Also HYPEEE 2 awesome games this Saturday!
  2. Got my picks in. Semi-finals and final picks were probably the most difficult to pick (as far as who goes on/wins it all)
  3. This one's tedious to fill out correctly. :p
    jacob5089 likes this.
  4. Thanks for the prizes appreciate it, amazing and unpredictable world cup so far hence why the best anyones got is roughly 50%.

That second form definately tripped me up tho pretty sure i had france as the team to win the world cup, but at the same time had them losing the semis :p

We'll see. Good luck all. COME ON ENGLAND.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. LAST CHANCE BUMP
  6. I have not watched a single game yet. Seen most of the hype from people on Snapchat. Soccer isn’t big where I live.
    ItsMeMatheus and ThaKloned like this.
  7. Very close game between Argentina and France. Both teams put in 150% of their effort, but at the end France persisted with patience and the same quality of football that they gave at the start.
    ItsMeMatheus, SliceOfRhyBread and 607 like this.
  8. Well, rip my dreams

9. And rip my predictions. :p
    SliceOfRhyBread likes this.
  10. Woot! My dreams! I think... idk actually
  11. Who else lost 2/2 of the predictions for today? Lol

Current score 0/2

Matheus, gonna post your predictions for this round as well?
    jacob5089 and SliceOfRhyBread like this.
  12. Yeah im 2/2 so far and have spain and croatia winning today.

Mondays about to be my make or break tho, got mexico beating brazil.
  13. Truly did not see Russia winning that one, but that was an intense shootout
    607 and fBuilderS like this.
  14. RUUSSSIAAAAAAAA YEEEEEEES
    fBuilderS and jacob5089 like this.
  15. Brazil-Mexico was one of the games I spent a lot of time debating (and still have an upset alert out on). I know on paper Mexico has no chance but they are about as red hot as you can get. But Brazil may be too much for them.

Either way it'll be a great game. *And given what just happened, you never know what might happen*
    jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  16. GET OUT SPAIN.

Englands path to the final looking smooth now.
  17. There goes one of my finalists...
  18. That's what many said about Spain and...well...we saw what happened.

If we're learning anything, it's to not fall asleep. Three teams (Germany, Spain, Argentina) that should've made a lot of noise in the knockout round either never made in the first place or got dropped in the first knockout because of it. So England, France, Uruguay, Brazil (particularly Brazil because they're arguably the best team remaining), watch out!
    607 likes this.
  19. While i do agree, i feel like other than germany the upsets havent been completely out of the ordinary.

Spain - Knocked out by host nation, historically host nations have exceeded expectations. Spain also lost coach 2 days before the world cup and struggled to create goalscoring opportunities all world cup. 3 draws 1 win.

Argentina - Knocked out by a favoured france side, lost to a strong looking croatia side who i see as a real dark horse, also tripped up against a well structured icelandic defence and missed a penalty on the way. Questionable coaching and system that didnt implement their top stars. 1 win 1 draw 2 loss

Portugal - I think they were always a weak side that are made relevant by that one man. A few talents in the mix but it would've taken a ronaldo miracle to get much out of this world cup. 1 win 2 draw

Other than that i think most the world cup is featuring a similar upset count to past tournaments.
    Something like the last 4 winners have all been knocked out in the groups the following world cup.

I do agree the world cup is full of shocks and nobody can allow an inch of complacency in their mindset. But as far as an ideal draw goes that right side of the bracket is a dream scenario for england.
    fBuilderS likes this.
  20. Is this like the Olympics or is it nearly over by now? I haven't been keeping track.