[Discussion/Ongoing event] 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ItsMeMatheus, Apr 30, 2018.

1. I hope France will be in the final, as I'll be driving through France on the 15th. :p (which would mean it would be much quieter on the roads)
    607, haastregt and jacob5089 like this.
  2. Solid motives :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. Depends on what time you are on the roads :p
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. The match will be at 17:00, we'll likely be driving somewhere around Paris at the time (where the users of the roads suck even more than the roads themselves lol, my goodness Parisians can't drive lol, not that they get the opportunity to though, constant jams... >.>), so less people on the road would be great either way. :p

:p one time I was outside on one of the main roads through our village and also a busy shopping street, during a World/Euro cup and the Netherlands was playing, it was completely starved. Not a single other person on the streets (apart from my dad :p), and it was amazing. :)

Jelle also once told me about how they drove through Germany during a world/euro cup (final?) match, and how there was no one on the roads. It sounds like a dream come true. ;)
    SliceOfRhyBread, jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  5. Just submitted my second form
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  6. Just curious, what are the 1G and 1H spots again?
  7. Fixed, 1st of group G was Belgium and 1st of group H was Colombia.

You have until 6/30 10AM EMC TIME TO SUBMIT YOUR PREDICTIONS! DO IT NAO!
    Winners for group stage coming up soon!
    607, jacob5089, Elite and 1 other person like this.
  8. Just submitted!
    I'm not sure if I pressed summit X_X Can you check for me Matt?
    ItsMeMatheus likes this.
  9. you did
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  10. Thanks!
  11. This isn't an easy bracket to select.
    ItsMeMatheus, Tuqueque and Sefl51 like this.
  12. Any chance you could mail me my knockout bracket before I inevitably forget who I said was going to win each round? :)

#PortugalAllTheWay
  13. Bump, get your picks in!
    will do later
    SliceOfRhyBread and luckycordel like this.

14. I think I got the right pick ;)
  15. :D

16. Winners are out! Check the 2nd post!
    Congratulations to Group Phase winner, MarkelleFultz (24 points total)! Also congrats to belac555 (Guessed Belgium as best campaign), Tuqueque (22.5 points) and fBuilderS (20.5 points) (and me, I was 3rd place [21.5 pts] but I don't win prizes :p)!
    You may notice prizes for winners are higher than expected - Had I kept my original formula, 1st place would win 16k, so I multiplied the money by 10. All prizes were sent.
    jacob5089, 607, haastregt and 2 others like this.
  17. GG to everyone! This World Cup has been full of surprises so far, so wow... nevertheless excellent games full of excitement, passion and suspense.
    It also has had an insane amount of goals after 90’ lol

Ty for prize!
    607 likes this.
  18. Grats everyone who won group phase :D