[Discussion/Ongoing event] 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ItsMeMatheus, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Yep.

We even just beat Sweden 2-0 and are in the semi-finals for the first time in almost three decades. Ha.
    607 likes this.
  2. I stand by my words. England will not win this year
    ThaKloned and Tuqueque like this.
  3. Does
    Anyone have 11/11?
  4. but didn't you hear that it's coming home?
  5. My france vs england final prediction going to plan.

IT'S COMING HOME!!!!

P.s: im on 8/11 what about all you?
  6. You said they wouldn't win anything, though, and apparently they've already won a lot!
    TomvanWijnen and Tuqueque like this.
  7. I didn't do any predictions but I have had a really good feeling about Belgium and that is holding up great so far! Love seeing my Chelsea boys like Hazard and Courtois doing great. ( Sorry Matheus, maybe Brazil will do better in four years :p )
  8. 10/11
    England winning the first round really screwed me over :(
  9. 8/11. Belgium and France completely annihilated me. ;-;
  10. The first World Cup was in Uruguay and since they were eliminated by France it doesn’t look like it is going home.
    Sachrock likes this.
  11. CROATIA OR BUST
  12. I really want to see the final be Croatia Belgium. Phew

I hope rhe Croatian keeper recovers quickly
  13. damn it, Smolov had such a dumb shot, the keeper couldn't even go right because of his leg. And Fernandes's shot was poorly set up and just so so dumb. Oh well, off to my second team. LETS GO BELGIUM!!!
  14. I am pleased to report that I had a total of two correct picks this entire time
    607 likes this.
  15. welp I don't want any of the 4 teams to win, but I guess I'll hope Croatia wins.
    eye_roll_but_not_the_cute_forum_one

Top 3 so far is 10/11, 10/11 and 8/11!
  16. Me after tonight's game.

So glad to see Russia out, mostly down to personal reasons, and not their overall performance really.

This has honestly been one of the better World Cups I can remember in a long while, so many big teams expecting to skate through, being given a huge wake up call.

And let's just face it, it's gonna be one heck of a final.
    607, AltPunisher and jacob5089 like this.
  17. Is there a bonus for guessing the correct winner/finalists? For example if i were to have argentina to go vs colombia in the final. Itd be a similar bracket as england vs france and at the same time be completely wrong.
  18. nope, your pick is only correct if the team you chose is the same team that won
  19. Word on most incorrect? :p
  20. I wanted Russia to face England in the semi-finals. Ugh. That would've been interesting.

Here's to hoping we can beat Croatia. England's got a 41% probability compared to their 28%, as well as 7/5 odds (Croatia has 5/2). but I'm still reluctant to get my hopes too high since they're pretty much an even match (although our goalscorers have performed considerably better) :p
    607 likes this.