[Discussion/Ongoing event] 2018 World Cup

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ItsMeMatheus, Apr 30, 2018.

1. #itscominghome :p
  2. Guess who's 5/11? :D
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  3. France will win Belgium on Tuesday.

England will win Croatia on Wednesday.

Belgium will win Croatia on Saturday, ending the World Cup at third place.

France will win England on Sunday, taking the World Cup home.

Hope I'm wrong about the last one but let's be real, I'm right.
  4. I think in all of honesty I might think France or Belgium might have a shot to make the finals though I am not much of a world cup follower XD
  5. I've seen this before, what does it mean? I thought it meant Russia winning, but they're out.
  6. England hosted the World Cup in 1966 and won it. The Liverpudlian band, Lightning Seeds, released a song called 'the Three Lions', referring to the English lions on the team's badge and the country's battle standard (three red lions against a red background). It was written by the English comedians Frank Skinner and David Baddiel. The song's refrain, 'It's coming home', means that football was returning to its home country as the country hosted the cup - according to FIFA, modern day football was invented in England in 1863.

Recently, it was used as a sarcastic remark because England never gets far. As they actually started winning by large margins and were on course for the semi-finals, it's become the supporter's anthem.

So, yeah, you're on the right lines - just a different country.
    607 likes this.
  7. Since France vs Belgium is a semi final your prediction is 100% guaranteed to occur.
  8. I mean, he's not wrong...
    Tuqueque and jacob5089 like this.
  9. I now want England to win but to only have done so by blatant cheating that was missed by the ref (e.g. Maradona's Hand of God goal). Just so if any English bring up winning the cup again we can instantly shot them down and shut them up.
    Bitter, me, you must be mistaken.
    jacob5089 and ThaKloned like this.
  10. I knew France would win but god damn they did it through acting like a bunch of entitled babies
    jacob5089 and Tuqueque like this.
  11. Ouch. I wanted Belgium to win... Welp, I’m at 11/13
    jacob5089 likes this.
  12. You're 10/13
    jacob5089 and ASliceOfRhyBread like this.
  13. If this keeps happening I feel France will take the win against Croatia
  14. I'm betting that they don't meet Croatia. England will win Croatia in what should be a tight game tomorrow. Croatia will go against Belgium and lose in the third place match, and England will lose against France in the final match, probably at least 50% because of France purposely throwing themselves on the floor and crying at the tiniest of thumps and not through their actual skill that we know they have.
    607 likes this.
  15. So I am :eek:
  16. I think I've gotten all right so far, except the Uruguay vs France one

Which, I suppose my final selection is null now, cause Uruguay isn't in it xD
    ThaKloned, 607 and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  17. Intense game so far... I think it has been the best game of the cup... WOW
    jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  18. dolazi kući!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. CROATIAAAAA
    Tuqueque and jacob5089 like this.
  20. Its not coming home anymore