[DEBATE] Presidential Election - 2016 (closing Nov 22)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erektus, Sep 9, 2015.

?

VOTE

Donald Trump (R) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Hillary Clinton (D) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True that.
  2. It's not over just yet. But this election does show that polls are not always accurate.
    607, deadmon5, JesusPower2 and 5 others like this.
  3. At this rate he'll win.
    slash14459 and UltiPig like this.
  4. I think it's safe to say that Trump won, Pennsylvania is about to slip out of Clinton's hands.
    slash14459 and UltiPig like this.
  5. It's happening.
    UltiPig and TheCrimeLime like this.
  6. Soon it will be time to close the thread. Another election for history majors to struggle to memorize for the test.
    DufnePoodle and IsaacNorman like this.
  7. I am very curious what the generation of kids, 2 generations from now, will be memorizing "exactly"... lol
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  8. Why? Not even 5 hours have passed, let alone 48.

So, did Trump win?
    I was not expecting that, honestly, but I'm probably biased, being Dutch.

But then again, I saw Krysyy mentioning it not being over yet, after two people saying Trump won... what's the truth?
  9. Trump needs 6 electoral votes while Clinton needs 55 as of now. I think it's safe to say trump won
  10. Winning, but not won. It takes time for the official declaration so it's customary for the losing candidates to concede when the decision is clear. Nobody wants to look bad by giving a concession speech and then winning. :)
    IsaacNorman and 607 like this.
  11. 52 to 4 now.

It's clutch time.
  12. If he wins Arizona, Wisconsin or Michigan(which he will), it'seems over
  13. I'm glad you brought up Arizona, because it seems within Clinton's reach. If she can get that state, and hold onto Minnesota, she might be able to cancel out her loss of Pennsylvania. Of course, she'll have to get Michigan...
  14. And trump won
    nuclearbobomb and slash14459 like this.
  15. Yeah, pretty much. It's a moot point for Clinton now.
  16. Trump won.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  17. Take me away giant meteor

18. Personally I take it even further: in my opinion polls these days have been reduced to pure propaganda machines and nothing more. These polls are per definition unreliable because many media outlet does not always check their sources.

I've seen this happening time and time again. Take the Brexit; all the polls were certain that it would never happen. And wham... it did.

And the reason why I deem polls totally unreliable (apart from the many results we've seen so far) is because a Belgian TV production agency ("Woestijnvis") have clearly shown just how unreliable the media actually are. They devised their own statistical bureau ("Data driven") and simply started spewing random (completely made up) study results and sent that to the national media (Belgian media as well as some Dutch media).

For example: "Women take 4 seconds longer to vote than men" or "The true Gaul was actually Flemish" and "People's political preference is shown by the way they dress".

Guess what? Nearly all of their "study results" ended up in the national papers. Worse yet: some even managed to get the front page. And no media outlet even bothered to do what every journalist should do per definition: checking their sources.

And this is happening all over the place.

Anyway, I can see that this is a bit offtopic for the thread.

So my comments regarding President Trump... In a way history repeats itself. Because I can remember all the negativity which got shared when Ronald Reagan became president. It was somewhat the same (though less explicit). Many people also predicted him to be a bad president shortly after his election, especially considering the fact that he was an actor and also had limited experience with politics at that time. Well, we've all seen what happened next.

Note that I'm not saying Trump will be good, but I do think it's a little premature to predict doom scenario's long before they happened.

What I'm also curious about is if all those 'famous' Hollywood artists will indeed emigrate as they promised they would, or if all their promises have become "different" in the mean time (as is usually the case).
  19. I know a lot of you will disagree, but this is a great day in the history of the united states if America. He's not perfect by any means, but we the people have spoken and we have elected our new leader, one who we hope we can trust to lead us to bright futures.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.