[DEBATE] Presidential Election - 2016 (closing Nov 22)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erektus, Sep 9, 2015.

?

VOTE

Donald Trump (R) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Hillary Clinton (D) 138 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well... I guess a good closer to thread would be to congratulate the president elect and wish him success. What an election season 2016 was (it seemed so close!). Time to look forward. Hopefully Trump can make the future brighter.
    607 likes this.
  2. IMO, I wish people would stop protesting in Canada, If you want to do that stuff, go to the sates...Doing it here does not get a message across when its not even in the right Country lol.
    AlexC__ likes this.
  3. Trump is going to scrap TPP 'as soon as he gets into office'.

Trump is doing something I agree with for once?!?! Shock, horror.

Now we just need to get rid of TTIP and I may actually give him a proper chance as President.
  4. It's getting close! :rolleyes:
  5. Aaanyway, before the thread gets closed;

Thank you to everyone who participated in this thread. Discussion was relatively civil and it's lasted for over a year without getting closed - which I think is a first for EMC. It's been interesting to hear people's different viewpoints and to see what you thought was important. I can't say I didn't get overly frustrated with some people here at times, but it's been fun :p

On top of that, I feel like I've gained a lot of 'debating' experience from this thread, and I think this is the first thread I actively participated in to do with politics that was created by someone else and in which I actually had some idea of what I was talking about (I made the Scottish Independence Referendum thread in September 2014, when I was 14, and I had no clue what the Hell I was going on about at all).

We have a long four years ahead of us - Americans especially with his domestic policies and what Trump encourages in ideologies and mindsets, foreigners with his loud mouth and criticisms of world leaders (despite his lack of experience with those positions) and awkward (to say the least) foreign policy.

I hope to see more civil discussions over these next years. And when 2020 comes around, when the UK and US have an election at the same time, I hope to see something similar to this with both countries.

Now to be slightly frustrated at this thread ending on page 90-something and not exactly 100.
    607 and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  6. #BernieForPrez?
  7. Can we try for 100?
  8. Here's to 100

Pepper

#Politics
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  9. Get ready to drop the most shitposty shitposts of your lives, bois. Our mission is to hit page 100, and we won't stop until we do or the thread gets locked in which case lol we can't!
    607 likes this.
  10. I mean, it's been a good ride here. Check out my thread to continue discussion.

But man, I've gotten so much better at debating. Look at my first post on this thread... "deez nuts 2k16"

Damn, I can't believe that was me a year ago.
    607, cowland123 and SoulPunisher like this.
  11. To be fair, Deez Nuts's 'candidacy' was to make fun of how the system works. And the system totally screwed up, more than it ever has, in the same election cycle. Deez Nuts tried to warn us, and we did not heed his words of wisdom.
    607, cowland123 and Dr_Chocolate like this.
  12. I'm sorry, did someone say shitposts?

I'll go get the best shitposts on reddit

13. Closing threads to prevent spamming on the forums..
    ChrisFlareon and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.