[BLOG] Outpost Tours on Empire Minecraft

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by ContributionTeam, Dec 22, 2016.

1. I just read the latest blog on the outposts. I love these! You're doing a very masterful job of showcasing these outposts for us both pictorial and your wordsmithing. I look forward to the next story. =]
  2. Hey if yall could run down Underhelm that'd be sick, send me a message if you want the loc.
    JDHallows likes this.
  3. I would love to see a tour of the LLO (Last Light Outpost) done on here, not only would it bring some attention to the outpost, but it's one of the longest standing outposts on here, (the thread itself is over 700 pages long!) and I personally believe it deserves a spot on this fantastic tour blog. Keep up the great work, most enjoyable read I've had in a while
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/smp7-jungle-outpost.5159/:)
    JDHallows and 607 like this.
  4. Great job JD!

The graphics are awesome! :cool:
    607, MoreMoople, We3_MPO and 3 others like this.
  5. I wondered where these went! Nice to see them Back!!!! :)
    Grats to the outpost builders!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. I'm still a little sad that I can't leave comments on the blog itself (you get a 'Forbidden' error) but alas... Here's what I was going to share there:

But yeah, this is an awesome idea. It's funny because just this weekend was I talking to a friend of mine about how extensive and diverse the Empire actually is. Because, and this is really awesome I think, there is much more going on in the "background" than we may sometimes realize.

For example, we all know that EMC is also visited by whole families who enjoy the server. But there's more to it than that. I'm aware of a few groups of players who basically retreated into the Frontier, who will occasionally chat in town but will still mostly stick to themselves and their own Frontier projects. And some of those buildings can be truly amazing. But it's all private so you normally wouldn't get to see them. Maybe sometimes if you're really lucky.

So yeah, that's why I'm a big fan of this idea. Because this will give the players a chance at a nice (well deserved) spotlight but without the normally attached risks about having to reveal your location to another player (if you can't trust Senior staff, then you can you?).

Seems I've been missing out on previous posts, so... I got something to do this week :)
    607 likes this.
  7. I'd bring you to my outpost but it would take you 3 hours of nether running to get there :D
  8. I can teleport out to bases this far out to do the tour ;)

And thanks everyone for the kind words!
    luckycordel, ShelLuser, 607 and 6 others like this.
  9. And the magic bus pulls into the station. JD, the tour guide and bus driver extraordinare, brings all of the old tourists wielding mighty Canon and Sony image takers. JD brings them around to the front. “Explore away!” he shouts in front of the outpost
    607, We3_MPO and belac555 like this.
  10. lol
    We3_MPO likes this.
  11. Lookin good :)
    607, We3_MPO, belac555 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Estonana? :p
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. Fixed
    We3_MPO likes this.
  14. I may be behind the times but I think this is a really cool idea :)
    Enjoyable read, love the graphics!
    Thanks JD
    The_Boulder and 607 like this.