APRIL FOOLS! EMC and 1.9 combat, what will happen!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by BigDavie, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Then add all the deleted posts.
    Tigerstar, cowland123 and BenMA like this.
  2. seriously, i thought I'd finally found at least one server that had realized that trying to wring money out of it's userbase like a whet towell wasnt going to work. and then this. thats it, im gone.
    Tigerstar, kaptrix and cowland123 like this.
  3. Daaaaaang guys you really screwed this one up. It better be a prank. I didn't read the last 10 pages so that said let me rant,

Reasons this sucks like a ton:

1. People come here to GET AWAY from the ruthless, greedy players that spend 1/3 of their life online perfecting their pvp skills. People come here because it (used to) promote friendliness, cooperation, and teamwork. Rarely do I see a cuss on EMCs clean, family friendly chat. Go on some 2k player server that is pvp oriented. Count 10 consecutive clean chat entries. Its hard. I literally joined a pvp server to see what it was like and said: "Hey guys, I'm new to pvp servers. Any suggestions or tips?" "FUC* YOURSELF" *I disconnect* "Wow guys we are lucky to have EMC pvpless, it would be so terrible with pvp." EMCs friendly community is the best part about it. PLEASE don't ruin it! People come here for support, not hate.

2. Pay to win SUCKS. Love it how you deal with people who don't like the changes... pay, get better, or feather (it rhymes it must work right?). I mean COME ON. We aren't all rich like everyone reaping the soulbound+/breaker money. Most of the kids here don't have jobs/means of income. Also, we aren't all willing to sacrifice the majority of our time on minecraft. Competitive pvp takes loads of time to master. I mean have a feather to disable pvp? Like really... what are you thinking. It emits chicken noises? REALLY? You KNEW you were gonna piss off a bunch of people so you did ONE THING right. You invented a means to disable it....and in the process call everyone who disables it a coward and confiscating your off hand. People are generally excited to use an off hand in 1.9 but if they want to they are exposed to ruthless killers. Is this really how you thought to appease the rioting masses? That's crappy man.

3. Why even disallow stealing/griefing now? Killing people is basically just stealing from them (in MC). Stealing from a chest or an inventory is the same thing, except when stealing from an inventory you at least have a chance to fight back. Will you change these rules too? Where will you stop? Oh don't worry guys I got it covered, UNGRIEFABLE. Its a enchanted book you can buy for just $9.99 and when you apply it to a block and place it only you can excavate it. Lets just push pay to win further to extort max amount of money from the players right? But seriously why even have stealing and griefing laws if you can kill players now?

4. You think this will get you MORE players? Really? First take into account the amount of players you will lose from doing this. Now imagine yourself as a noob just joining EMC. Instead of receiving advice from EMCs amazing community, you will receive hateful insults just as I received on the server I mentioned earlier. You will either quit then like me, or you will proceed to the waste where you will be killed there and then quit. Assuming you don't die there, you proceed to grief a base because you figure its allowed since pvp is allowed. You get banned there and assuming you appeal successfully, congrats your on EMC. See how much harder it will be to get people to stay here? I guarantee this will NOT net you new players to extort.

Now go ahead and delete this post for rebelling against what you think is best. You do it all the time anyways. Its typically how you deal with things and yes, it is VERY easy and effective...but it isn't right. Ignoring the problem will NOT solve it every time and most of the time will come back to get you. I wouldn't be typing this right now if my concerns were handled maturely in the past. I'd be upset for sure, but I would get over it. I am very close to giving up on EMC. It has definitely passed its best times and as far as I can see its only downhill from here. I can guarantee, if you don't implement a ps setting for pvp and you don't get rid of the coward feather, I will quit. I really don't want to. Ive spent 4 great years here and its definitely part of my life I will never totally forget. I hope it doesn't end like this. Even though you don't care since I'm no longer a paying member.

Bye for now, go ahead and quote/yell at me I don't care. I'll address any mature points that contradict any of my arguments.

Thanks for reading.
  4. $10 for a book. :/ Crap. I really hope this is a joke. 334 messages in less than 24hrs. This is how mad people are.
    ForeverMaster0 and cowland123 like this.
  5. Just waiting to see if they update this post to "April Fools!"...
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  6. I pray they do but I don't think its a prank..
  7. Feels like a massive prank.
  8. I agree totally. We should be able to use TNT to blow stuff up too. Thanks.
  9. Mad or #bored. Rock on bored people.
  10. I am on the fence on this one as well
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  11. I know right? And also, this really let me know that which members is really liking EMC and which members are idiots that just want to get to the top and get bragging rights. Now I know from the posts by the Prominent Member+ that they are in fact greedy, hateful, and bloodthirsty but just plays nicely because you have to, and will grief without doubt if given the chance. I feel bad for all of this. I hope that those players just delete EMC from their server list and just join a 2,000+ player factions server with an economy.

I sincerely hope that this is all a big joke, but if I don't see BigDavie's thread being edited with "April Fools" in it by tomorrow, I am leaving EMC. Forever.
    ForeverMaster0 and GeistKitsune like this.
  12. I also am concerned this is no prank. Or at the very least, this might be a test run to see how people would react. Then they could easily say "its a joke!" and act like they never really wanted it.

Seriously, though. With all the work being put into an anti-griefing system, i dont know whey they would suddenly flip to this style of server.
    Dim5678 likes this.
  13. If this isn't a prank bye EMC -_-
  14. I listened to it and thought it was awesome. I have done a poem that could be like possibly lyrics too. Here it is:

Hamburger helper nummy nummy nu nu
    Hamburger helper wat ya gonna do
    I eat that stuff but I think it just runs through you
    I should probably eat veggies but they taste poo poo
    Hamburger helper nummy nummy nu nu

I like it. What you think? Be honest.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  15. Or...maybe people like to *gasp* play along on a, you know, games server/forum.
  16. I believe they mainly deleted posts saying that it was an april fools prank.

AmusedStew and JerryCameToo like this.
  17. ^ My only hope this is a prank.
    cadgamer101 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  18. Welp, good thing my outpost is hidden XD
    ThaKloned likes this.
  19. i hope the staff is laughing at these responses as much as i am
  20. I think this is funny as hell. Cluck Cluck Cluck