18200 Empire Minecraft Museum!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by FDNY21, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Planning to add the 100k member items, Halloween items and Remembrance Poppy some time soon. Due to the large amount of items, it may take a little while, but I'll be sure to let you know when they are up.

Also, with Thanksgiving coming up, there's going to be even more items... We'll let you know when they're up once they're out and up in the museum :p
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  2. Momentus's Helmet has now been purchased and added to the item frame!

Also changed signs above to say Momentus's rather than Momentus' :)
    Nickblockmaster and ThaKloned like this.
  3. If you need any items, please let me know. I'd be happy to help out.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  4. Much appreciated Kloned! At the minute, we have all the new promos ready to go in but I haven't got around to putting the stands up and adding it all in :p

Still debating on when to convert to preview chests too as that is going to be a big job... Mainly just looking for super rare items for loan right now, thanks though! :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. This was going to be my plans when (if :p ) I build my display res. I've had my issues with items frames and could never use them again for valuables. (And they are probably 100% safe) The main reason I like the preview chests is that people could then actually see the items inside and you can group items like all iDay armour, etc. I just feel safer with chests personally :p But the design has to be right and that's my hiccup atm. (Well that and I can barely design a square :D)
    Nickblockmaster and FDNY21 like this.
  6. Item frames are perfect now, well, they return items direct to your inventory, but that doesn't stop random chunks from disappearing due to entity issues ;) Only had one issue, it's alright :p Apart from when we lost one of the one of a kind items but hey, that's nothing to worry about...

Anyway, yeah, preview chests allow people to see more of the item so I'd love to convert to that! Problem is, it's going to take a bit of work to convert everything, and I need a good adaptation design too :eek:
    ThaKloned likes this.
  7. Well anything I can do to help, please just ask :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  8. Would you guys prefer item frames or preview chests? I feel like the frames are good, but the preview chests allow you to see more... Really baffled on which way to go next and I'd like your input. What do you all think?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. Preview lets you see the lore and you feel like you get the full experience
  10. That's exactly what I meant when I said this :p

So, you're saying that the preview chests are better than the frames? :)
  11. We'll also look to add in the Halloween items, new Remembrance Poppy and the 100k member items after the event too.

Bumping the question: Item frames or preview chests?
  12. Item frames. I want to walk through and see the items on display. I have the wiki to show me a picture with all the lore you can't include in your item descriptions (buttons). If you put all the stuff in chests with preview signs it'll look like a warehouse, not a museum.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  13. I can see where you're coming from with this, I'll take this into consideration. So you don't think that not being able to see the lore is a problem?
  14. I think the limited description you give with the interactive buttons is great. When you go though a museum, aquarium, or gallery, it's about seeing the items and specimens on display not always reading every little placard. Even so, there is always more information to obtain for those truly interested. The lore is there on the wiki that you can send plp to for even more information.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. Great reasoning, I agree with this.
  16. So another vote for item frames?

It's looking like the item frames live to fly another day... Cheers for the feedback, we can always re-consider in the future! :)
  17. Hey, if you want preview chests, you should go for it, I think :p (you're sounding like you're slightly disappointed with the results)
  18. Not at all, in fact, it means I have to do less work to get the museum updated after the event ;)

I may re-consider in the future, but right now, I'm happy with the item frames too! There's pros and cons to both :)
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  19. For me it's

Pro - My laziest is cheering for the lack of work. :D

Con - A missed opportunity to work with Fedny. :p
    FDNY21 likes this.